Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

Top MWC signees

Boise definitely killed it this year. Right now #56 nationally per Rivals with the next highest in the Molehill Worst being at #87.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/mwest/football

I would point out as I always do that it's average rating per player that should be given the most credence and not total points.

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What are your thoughts on how much Boise State's class shits all over Fresno's?  I mean, on paper, of course.

boise's class has shit on fresno's for the better part of a decade and you're still .500 against tedford 

12 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Boise definitely killed it this year. Right now #56 nationally per Rivals with the next highest in the Molehill Worst being at #87.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/mwest/football

I would point out as I always do that it's average rating per player that should be given the most credence and not total points.

rivals isn't worth looking at in general due to their sheer laziness.

re: fresno's class, i can tell you the coaching staff is probably giddy as hell over their class...they've gotten their top (realistic) targets pretty much across the board and kept the top recruit in the central valley home to boot in Cropper.  Of the 12 HS kids they have committed right now 11 of them we were on since late spring/early summer...The only one we offered after the season started was Kelly and they'd been keeping him warm for a while.  They held onto Jarvis despite a rather underhanded* poaching attempt for Boise and of the three JC signees, the Donks took a swing at two of them and the third had a serious offer from Louisville.  

*have it on good authority that Harsin was shittalking tedford's health, basically hinting he could keel over at any time.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:32 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We will see.   The Recruiting gap between Boise and Fresno has never been wider than it will be this year. 

I don't think that's factually true.  If you look at the class averages over the past 4 years this is about in line with the norm. Based on my casual look at the data, the gap was actually wider in in two of the past four years. While Boise is certainly having a banner year, this year's class for Fresno is its best since 2011 or so. 

5 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

re: fresno's class, i can tell you the coaching staff is probably giddy as hell over their class...they've gotten their top (realistic) targets pretty much across the board and kept the top recruit in the central valley home to boot in Cropper.  Of the 12 HS kids they have committed right now 11 of them we were on since late spring/early summer...The only one we offered after the season started was Kelly and they'd been keeping him warm for a while.  They held onto Jarvis despite a rather underhanded* poaching attempt for Boise and of the three JC signees, the Donks took a swing at two of them and the third had a serious offer from Louisville.  

*have it on good authority that Harsin was shittalking tedford's health, basically hinting he could keel over at any time.

Yeah, ok.

39 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i'm not D4M, lol. Wouldn't post that if it was BS.  All's fair in love and recruiting but that kind of shit is low. 

Easy...I’m right here.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

42 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i'm not D4M, lol. Wouldn't post that if it was BS.  All's fair in love and recruiting but that kind of shit is low. 

I doubt we went that hard after any of those low rated JC guys.  Sounds like a a kid blowing smoke.

57 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I doubt we went that hard after any of those low rated JC guys.  Sounds like a a kid blowing smoke.

i mean...you only offered and tripped them out on official visits :shrug:

7 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

At the end of what was a frustrating week of work I would prefer to just sip a couple adult beverages and relax rather than getting into a big debate so I'm not going to spend the next half hour checking Fresno's recruits but will simply leave it at this.

Out of 17 kids, half a dozen of SDSU's commitments have multiple power conference offers. How many of the kids over which Fresno State is allegedly giddy have the same?

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

At the end of what was a frustrating week of work I would prefer to just sip a couple adult beverages and relax rather than getting into a big debate so I'm not going to spend the next half hour checking Fresno's recruits but will simply leave it at this.

Out of 17 kids, half a dozen of SDSU's commitments have multiple power conference offers. How many of the kids over which Fresno State is allegedly giddy have the same?

Stars and how high ranked your recruiting class is doesn't mean crap, unless you WIN your conference championship!!! I said this on another thread. That's why I congratulated Fresno State after their win against BSU this last December.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

IMO, you guys need to enter the 21st century with your offense. We’ll see if Rocky’s supposed offensive change does anything. 

21 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

That’s some fvcked up shit if true. 

33 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Proof please.  ***Sound of Crickets in the Background***

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

15 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I can understand boise fans talking recruiting smack, but it’s pretty funny to see an SDSU fan do so. Our classes are pretty much equivalent. 

On 2/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, JADogs05 said:

I don't think that's factually true.  If you look at the class averages over the past 4 years this is about in line with the norm. Based on my casual look at the data, the gap was actually wider in in two of the past four years. While Boise is certainly having a banner year, this year's class for Fresno is its best since 2011 or so. 

Maybe, however if you look at it, Fresno only has 1 recruit that would not drop Boise's average rating if he was part of our class.  Not sure I have ever seen that before with the two programs.  

1 hour ago, JADogs05 said:

I can understand boise fans talking recruiting smack, but it’s pretty funny to see an SDSU fan do so. Our classes are pretty much equivalent. 

this

3 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Proof please.  ***Sound of Crickets in the Background***

as if i could provide proof of this.  Cmon dude.