Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THEUniversityofNevada

Police Shooting of Daniel Shaver

12 hours ago, k5james said:

The Sergeant giving the instructions gave some fuktarded instructions.

Charles Langley, the supervisor and the one yelling "+++++tarded instructions", retired and moved to the Philippines. He's a supervisor that was already reprimanded. How much did he play into this? My thought, as of now, is that he had a lot to do. I think an argument could be made that Brailsford was following what was commanded by his superior officer on the scene, even though it was directed at Shaver. 

It's a horrible argument, but the fact that this asshole was allowed to retire and leave the country is pathetic. Langley should of faced charges too and Brailsford should have never pulled the trigger.

Shaver was not a threat and there were plenty of opportunities for the police to simply cuff him.

This was a murder.

3 hours ago, SFtoVA said:

Charles Langley, the supervisor and the one yelling "+++++tarded instructions", retired and moved to the Philippines. He's a supervisor that was already reprimanded. How much did he play into this? My thought, as of now, is that he had a lot to do. I think an argument could be made that Brailsford was following what was commanded by his superior officer on the scene, even though it was directed at Shaver. 

It's a horrible argument, but the fact that this asshole was allowed to retire and leave the country is pathetic. Langley should of faced charges too and Brailsford should have never pulled the trigger.

Shaver was not a threat and there were plenty of opportunities for the police to simply cuff him.

This was a murder.

Yeah the biggest +++++ up in this situation was the sergeant.  I don't know what the +++++ he was doing...

That said you can't say Shaver was not a threat.  Based on the information they had at the time he was very much a threat.

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Don't bother trying to reason with him. Pigs stick together on these sorts of issues, even when clearly in the wrong. 

Yep and that’s 3/4 of the issue.   If cops would reasonably police their own and get idiots like this guy out of the police force we would have a lot less problems.   Instead cops are making more problems for themselves because they are losing the public trust. 

16 hours ago, k5james said:

This was a calamity of circumstances that got this guy killed.

The dude was drunk and showing off a pellet gun to some strange.

Some nosy assholes saw it from the pool and reported it as a gin being pointed out of the window.

The officers were responding to a call of a guy pointing a firearm out of a window.  This resulted on the SWAT team responding.  Most SWAT guys are douchebags with itchy trigger fingers.

The Sergeant giving the instructions gave some fuktarded instructions.

The dumb drunk +++++ reached towards his wasteband, probably to pull up his pants but in a high alert situation like that you don't bet you and your partner's lives on that chance.

The itchy trigger finger asshole reacted properly to the threat level he was aware of at the time...

Guy who reportedly was pointing a firearm out of a hotel window at people reached for his wasteband.

Just bad dumb +++++ing luck all the way around.  It wasn't an execution.  There was no conspiracy by the judge and jury to let the officer off.  Based on the totality of circumstances at the time of the shooting he reacted how a reasonable officer should react in that situation.

If this dumb shit had been another Vegas shooter you'd all be calling him a hero.  That's the type of call these guys were responding to.

This was just a typical cop shooting.  Happens all the time it was no calamity of events.  This was a cop looking for an excuse to kill someone.   Cops all the time respond to gun reports.it just depends on the cops intentions on how he responds.

A cop who wanted to do his job correctly and keep people safe would have had that guy handcuffed immediately.  He wouldn't have been giving the guy order after order reveling in his power and hoping the guy would make a mistake.

They do this shit to the mentally ill all the time.

4 hours ago, SFtoVA said:

This was a murder.

It wasn't murder under out law because when that guy reached back towards his ass. The cop could say he "feared for his life", the magical get out of free card for a cop.

Now the cop was obviously doing everything he could to get himself in a position he could say  he "feared for his life".   

These brainless fucks who constantly support the cops no matter what, need to see more of these videos.  

One thing I want to say with regard to the “instructions” that Brailsford was barking out ... I’m the personality type that can get nervous or rattled when an authority figure starts shouting and demanding immediate on the spot responses. Putting myself in the victim’s shoes, I may have responded somewhat similarly because of the stress of having serveral militarized assholes pointing their weapons at me, openly threatening to kill me, all the while yelling what were pretty confusing demands in that situation. I have little doubt I or anyone else who is easily rattled would have met the same fate as Shaver.

If our militarized police can’t handle a situation like this, they need to be de-militarized immediately. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 12/14/2017 at 3:52 PM, k5james said:

That said you can't say Shaver was not a threat.  Based on the information they had at the time he was very much a threat.

No, I absolutely can say he was not a threat. I'd like to hear what you think on this; watch the video again but mute the sound.

On 12/15/2017 at 6:06 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

One thing I want to say with regard to the “instructions” that Brailsford was barking out ... I’m the personality type that can get nervous or rattled when an authority figure starts shouting and demanding immediate on the spot responses. Putting myself in the victim’s shoes, I may have responded somewhat similarly because of the stress of having serveral militarized assholes pointing their weapons at me, openly threatening to kill me, all the while yelling what were pretty confusing demands in that situation. I have little doubt I or anyone else who is easily rattled would have met the same fate as Shaver.

If our militarized police can’t handle a situation like this, they need to be de-militarized immediately. 

No argument from me... Especially when one is hammered. However, I think the "instructions" were ordered by the Sgt., not Brailsford. That's not an excuse though, I think they both committed a crime. Also, what's up with just 8 people on a jury instead of 12?

59 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

No, I absolutely can say he was not a threat. I'd like to hear what you think on this; watch the video again but mute the sound.

No, you can't.  He reportedly had a gun and was pointing it out of his window.  They had not established that he did not have a gun at that point.  He was still a possible threat.

54 minutes ago, k5james said:

No, you can't.  He reportedly had a gun and was pointing it out of his window.  They had not established that he did not have a gun at that point.  He was still a possible threat.

Yes, I can. Especially during the the 3.5 minutes +/- that he's sprawled out on the floor with his hands laid out or on his head. Was there not plenty of opportunities for the LEO's to approach and cuff? Would he still have been shot if he tried to pull or made another "mistake"?

I believe in AZ a citizen can open carry or conceal a weapon. Simply being in possession of a firearm is not a crime in that state? In fact, I should rewatch this with the sound on and see if they ask him if he has a firearm on him? Perhaps there's more to the beginning of the video?

Possible threat is insufficient. Being afraid is insufficient. I would have never sided with that jury.