Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

2017 MWC Football Attendance

The dude is a troll trying to get a rise out of SDSU fans.  He's just talking out of is @ss.  Now he purports to know that Calloway is given 100s of tickets free out of the good will of SDSU's hearts.  That Calloway does nothing for them.  Just ignore the fool.

34 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

But on a positive note, you throttled that Southern Nevada school! :P

Yes!  And I believe Norvell is taking us in the right direction, unlike his predecessor who was sucking on corn dogs. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

If Rolo doesn’t have a winning season next year. I think it’s more likely he’s gone than given his final year. It’s sad the fall of Hawaii’s attendance since Chow’s 2013 (1 win) year. Going from 35-40k turnstile regularly to barely getting turnstile above 15k. Also dont believe that attendance number posted as that is tickets sold and BITS is what the program actually uses more than tickets sold.

Dave Matlin wants an increase in season tickets, two straight losing seasons doesn’t give much confidence in that coming to pass if it’s with no improvement. JJ is in Hamilton for another year in the CFL...and said he would coach for pennies prior to Rolo getting the gig. No splash in local fans eyes would be bigger than him returning for another year and I think Matlin knows this.

5 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

If Rolo doesn’t have a winning season next year. I think it’s more likely he’s gone than given his final year. It’s sad the fall of Hawaii’s attendance since Chow’s 2013 (1 win) year. Going from 35-40k turnstile regularly to barely getting turnstile above 15k. Also dont believe that attendance number posted as that is tickets sold and BITS is what the program actually uses more than tickets sold.

Dave Matlin wants an increase in season tickets, two straight losing seasons doesn’t give much confidence in that coming to pass if it’s with no improvement. JJ is in Hamilton for another year in the CFL...and said he would coach for pennies prior to Rolo getting the gig. No splash in local fans eyes would be bigger than him returning for another year and I think Matlin knows this.

Man, it sucks Rolo isn't working out.  If JJ doesn't come, any other candidates?  At some point, you guys some stability.  Can keep firing guys 3 years in but I also get it when fans stop coming.  Damned if you, damned if you don't.

12 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Man, it sucks Rolo isn't working out.  If JJ doesn't come, any other candidates?  At some point, you guys some stability.  Can keep firing guys 3 years in but I also get it when fans stop coming.  Damned if you, damned if you don't.

There’s other candidates. Nobody as known as JJ though. 

Brian Norwood (Tulsa defensive coach) has interviewed and was a finalist for the last 2 searches. He’s been the finalist alongside guys like JJ, Chow, Koetter and Rolovich. Said once that he would bring over the Baylor Offense if he was the coach as he’s had most experience from when he was there prior to Tulsa.

Rich Miano. He was the DB/DC coach for Hawaii during JJ and Mack seasons. He’s been mostly the tv commentator/analyst in recent years.

Rich Ellerson has experience as a HC at Army where he accrued a 20-41 record. Hawai’i Alumni but likely would bring over the Pro Style or Option.

unless guys like Babers, or Koetter get fired doubt they will consider the move.

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

I have no idea how Wyoming announces attendance. Who cares? You would have to ask a Wyoming fan.

Ticket's distributed aren't tickets sold. I lived in San Diego for 6 years and was offered free tickets to Aztec games almost every weekend. They give them away at most of the elementary, middle schools, and high schools. They give them away on the radio. Corporations get blocks of tickets to give away for every game. 

Tickets distributed = tickets your athletics department gives away.

did that happen to be before Hoke? Things are different now. The Aztecs had great attendance this season. Great early season, Stanford, and Penny really helped. Anyone judging attendance via TV have a huge problem. That is most fans seat on the Aztecs side of the field and TV shoots from that side showing the lesser filled side of the stadium.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

5 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

There’s other candidates. Nobody as known as JJ though. 

Brian Norwood (Tulsa defensive coach) has interviewed and was a finalist for the last 2 searches. He’s been the finalist alongside guys like JJ, Chow, Koetter and Rolovich. Said once that he would bring over the Baylor Offense if he was the coach as he’s had most experience from when he was there prior to Tulsa.

Rich Miano. He was the DB/DC coach for Hawaii during JJ and Mack seasons. He’s been mostly the tv commentator/analyst in recent years.

Rich Ellerson has experience as a HC at Army where he accrued a 20-41 record. Hawai’i Alumni but likely would bring over the Pro Style or Option.

unless guys like Babers, or koetter get fired doubt they will consider the move again.

Tulsas D Coordinator?

Posted Image

9 hours ago, edluvar said:

Tulsas D Coordinator?

Yeah...he’s a former Hawaii (DB) player/alumni back in the 80’s. Which is why he’s interviewed the past two times.

I think the average Hawai’i fan would be okay with him as HC, if he installs what was the Baylor Offense under Briles but has a good DC rather than him leading that side of the ball. He was the Associate Head Coach at Baylor under Briles from 2011-15 and as a defensive coach went up against that Offense every day in practice.

its too bad we missed on Babers, also a former player. Who also interviewed back in 2011 when Chow was named. But didn’t have enough D1 experience at the time. If only our AD had his choice of Koetter....

On 12/4/2017 at 10:17 PM, boisewitha-s said:

Very discouraging for csu.  Hate to see their numbers with a losing season and the newness of their stadium wears off. 

Thank you for the heartfelt concern, but you can Relax... the ###'s don't include the game vs. CU (the Rocky Mtn Showdown), which drew 73, 932 fans 2017.... which is annually, the largest Home crowd any MWC team plays before.

CSU's Avg.Attendance/Game goes up to over 38,000 when we rightfully Include that annual Neutral Site game in Denver.

That "Home Game" is held at a Neutral NFL site in Denver because neither school's On-Campus Stadium can hold the huge demand, so we Rent the Bronco's Stadium... and our Stats go up to 38k Avg./Game.

Were that game played On-Campus at each school it would burst the seating Capacity at each stadium (CSU's new stadium holds about 41k capacity SRO).  

So don't worry about CSU...  thank you for the concern.

5 hours ago, RAMification said:

Thank you for the heartfelt concern, but you can Relax... the ###'s don't include the game vs. CU (the Rocky Mtn Showdown), which drew 73, 932 fans 2017.... which is annually, the largest Home crowd any MWC team plays before.

CSU's Avg.Attendance/Game goes up to over 38,000 when we rightfully Include that annual Neutral Site game in Denver.

That "Home Game" is held at a Neutral NFL site in Denver because neither school's On-Campus Stadium can hold the huge demand, so we Rent the Bronco's Stadium... and our Stats go up to 38k Avg./Game.

Were that game played On-Campus at each school it would burst the seating Capacity at each stadium (CSU's new stadium holds about 41k capacity SRO).  

Lol.. You really trying to include a neutral site game as home attendance? Ok.. Boise St/Va Tech had 80k, Boise St/GA had a sold out Georgia dome. I guess we can include those as  well

47 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Lol.. You really trying to include a neutral site game as home attendance? Ok.. Boise St/Va Tech had 80k, Boise St/GA had a sold out Georgia dome. I guess we can include those as  well

6 hours ago, RAMification said:

Since you are counting neutral site games as home attendance why not throw in your road game at bama. Now you might come close to selling out your brand new stadium. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

On 12/5/2017 at 9:28 AM, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

So, in the face of truth, we're supposed to believe that SDSU hasn't figured out a way to count to 25 thousand in the year of 2017?

1000's of concerts, games, and large crowd events occur around the country every day, and SDSU hasn't quite figured out how to count higher than 25 K with modern technology.

That seems legit.

If there's another school more desperate than SDSU for attendance numbers to make themselves look legit than I don't know who that would be. You have every reason to ensure that you can count past 25 K, since your bid to a big conference is dependent on decent attendance numbers.

Let me see if I understand the current big lie as it stands. You haven't figured out how to get an accurate count, when you membership to a big conference is dependent on it.

That doesn't sound like bullshit at all, does it?

Unlike about 90% of your posts, no.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:37 AM, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Oh, the new lie.....It's such a low priority at SDSU to get an accurate attendance number that they don't scan tickets over half the time....

On top of that, people always sit on the side of the stadium that the cameras are on, so the stadium looks more empty than it actually is.

SDSU fans are hilarious...

Lie, lie, lie.....

Truth

New lie, new lie, new lie

^ ^ ^  Auditioning to replace Sarah Huckabee Sanders. ^ ^ ^

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:20 PM, IanforHeisman said:

Hmmm... the Rocky Mountain Showdown is effectively & virtually a Home game, played @ a neutral field, for CSU vs. CU. 

Were those BSU games you listed within 1 Hr. drive of your Home-Field ? (No.)  Were they played at the same location Annually?  (No.)  Are they played in a Stadium that's paid for by both teams' ?  (No.)   Was the Venue rented by both school's in order to accomodate the large crowd that neither school's stadium's can come close to accommodating?  (No.)  ...  Was the Attendance approximately 50/50 for each team??????  

I have no problem if you count those games toward BSU's attendance.  Just don't go dissing CSU's attendance for it's "Home Games" w/o counting our Rental of a 2x's larger venue for our annual "Rocky Mountain Showdown" vs. the Bluffaloes.  In other words, be informed dumbass posters.....

On 12/5/2017 at 1:10 PM, AztecSU said:

So Wyo doesn’t announce tickets sold? Only bits? Sounds like more bullshit. Don’t be mad we sell a lot of tickets. 

Seriously, this is a good question and we should probably know how each school reports, right.  A SDSU poster above stated that his ticket has never been scanned.  My tickets in Laramie are always scanned.  Personally, I think all of our attendance figures are lower than they should be and we all have work to do.  But isn't it important to know how these posted attendance numbers were arrived at.

Knowing that Interstate 80 was closed between Cheyenne and Laramie the day we played Fresno, I thought our box score's attendance might shed some light on whether our numbers included tickets sold or butts in seats.  We sold 10,000 season tickets.  Poke fans were pretty excited about hosting Fresno so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sell at least another 12,000 tickets. The official attendance for the game was 15,440.  Only selling 5,440 individual game tickets to that game just feels very light to me.

This leads me to believe that Wyo's reported tickets are butts in seats.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 12/6/2017 at 9:58 AM, RAMification said:

Rightfully my ass!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

35 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Hmmm... the Rocky Mountain Showdown is effectively & virtually a Home game, played @ a neutral field, for CSU vs. CU. 

Were those BSU games you listed within 1 Hr. drive of your Home-Field ? (No.)  Were they played at the same location Annually?  (No.)  Are they played in a Stadium that's paid for by both teams' ?  (No.)   Was the Venue rented by both school's in order to accomodate the large crowd that neither school's stadium's can come close to accommodating?  (No.)  ...  Was the Attendance approximately 50/50 for each team??????  

I have no problem if you count those games toward BSU's attendance.  Just don't go dissing CSU's attendance for it's "Home Games" w/o counting our Rental of a 2x's larger venue for our annual "Rocky Mountain Showdown" vs. the Bluffaloes.  In other words, be informed dumbass posters.....

Sure, how about the tickets CSU sold for the game attendance and leave out the CU fans.

2 hours ago, RAMification said:

I was hoping you were joking with your first post. Go ahead and count 50k CU fans as your home attendance. Shit it's not really any worse than what suds does every game. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."