Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

2017 MWC Football Attendance

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Just remember, this is a picture of the home stands at our LOWEST attended game in 69k seat stadium. But some how no games are over 25k...I’ve been to games all over and spent time as a pro athlete. I’ve seen enough crowds to know we have a count problem.

B23CC100-B148-4081-A2D0-024CAB11DF0F.jpeg

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Look, I am just glad we got a number out of you. 33k vs Boise. Thanks for making an estimation. 

Yeah, your average lie is to add 1/2 of your actual attendance and report that. (25 + 12.5 = 37.5)

In fact, is there any school in America with a more aggressive inflation lie than 1/2 of your actual attendance?

You guys probably lead college football in the percentage that you inflate actual attendance. You've got that going for you, which is nice.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, your average lie is to add 1/3 of actual attendance and report that.

In fact, is there any school in America with a more aggressive inflation lie than 1/3?

You guys probably lead college football in the percentage that you inflate actual attendance. You've got that going for you, which is nice.

So Wyo doesn’t announce tickets sold? Only bits? Sounds like more bullshit. Don’t be mad we sell a lot of tickets. 

7 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

So Wyo doesn’t announce tickets sold? Only bits? Sounds like more bullshit. Don’t be mad we sell a lot of tickets. 

I have no idea how Wyoming announces attendance. Who cares? You would have to ask a Wyoming fan.

Ticket's distributed aren't tickets sold. I lived in San Diego for 6 years and was offered free tickets to Aztec games almost every weekend. They give them away at most of the elementary, middle schools, and high schools. They give them away on the radio. Corporations get blocks of tickets to give away for every game. 

Tickets distributed = tickets your athletics department gives away.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

I have no idea how Wyoming announces attendance. Who cares? You would have to ask a Wyoming fan.

Ticket's distributed aren't tickets sold. I lived in San Diego for 6 years and was offered free tickets to Aztec games almost every weekend. They give them away at most of the elementary, middle schools, and high schools. They give them away on the radio. Corporations get blocks of tickets to give away for every game. 

Tickets distributed = tickets your athletics department gives away and you guys give away more free tickets than anyone I've ever seen.

Haha, what a liar. 

Looking at Ticket revenue Boise and SDSU are top two. Wonder why...

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

My friend worked for Callaway Golf and he had free tickets to SDSU games whenever we wanted them, not discounted: free. Every game. Every weekend.

His company paid for them dumb dumb. We aren’t the city or NFL, can’t afford a give away like you describe. 

Either way we sit atop the conference with Boise when it comes to ticket revenue. How about the pokes?

The only reason I even slightly care about SDSU's attendance or how they count it is because of how defensive SDSU fans get about it.  I mean really, this should not be a muti page debate, several times a year.  Kind of like an easy way to troll a Boise fan is to dis the Blue turf or our city.  Every fan base has their easy button.

2 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

His company paid for them dumb dumb. We aren’t the city or NFL, can’t afford a give away like you describe. 

Either way we sit atop the conference with Boise when it comes to ticket revenue. How about the pokes?

Callaway didn't pay for tickets from SDSU. They were given a block of 100 for every game, that they could give away to whomever they pleased. 

When you average 40,000 empty seats per game, you can give away as many tickets as you want, as long as you don't give them away to people that might actually buy them: corporations, schools....

Who cares about Wyoming? I have no idea what their ticket revenue is. It sucks. They live in the Hillbilly backwater of Laramie.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The only reason I even slightly care about SDSU's attendance or how they count it is because of how defensive SDSU fans get about it.  I mean really, this should not be a muti page debate, several times a year.  Kind of like an easy way to troll a Boise fan is to dis the Blue turf or our city.  Every fan base has their easy button.

Actually it’s obvious that bumpkin types who have cultural issues with SoCal are usually the ones. Notice that almost no west div fans says shyte. It’s usually pokes, lobos, and some Aggie’s (they cooled off a bit after get hammered twice tho). 

Boise fans have jumped in but that’s because they see us as the only real threat to them in the MW. This topic is all about projection, which is obvious when you look at which posters are so interested in our numbers. 

12 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

I’m guessing they didn’t announce 5k attendance did they?

Correction - 

DATE: 11/17/2017 SITE: Albuquerque, N.M. STADIUM: Dreamstyle Stadium ATTENDANCE: 14744 KICKOFF TIME: 7:35 pm END OF GAME: 10:55 DURATION: 3:20 TEMPERATURE: 58 WIND: W17 WEATHER: Mostly cloudy