Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

2017 MWC Football Attendance

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Reported ACTUAL attendance and reported attendance are different. SDSU fans know that better than anyone.

If you reported 50 K, and your average lie is about 66 percent of the reported number, than 66 percent of 50 K is 33 K.

I would guess that your actual attendance was 33K, but that's just me, using math and averages, and things that don't involve SDSU fan conspiracy theories.

So, you think there are 33k at that game?

20 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

There are tons of empty seats on the lower level if you look closely. 

But good to know I don’t ever have to buy tickets to an Aztec game, I’ll just walk in with a crowd.

I am not sure what your definition of "tons" is. 

Either way, these threads never cease to amaze me. I realize SDSU has a stadium problem. I also realize that we should have better attendance. However, even when people post pictures, there are jackasses (not saying @IanforHeisman is one) here that deny or split hairs even when pictures are provided. 

Doesn't matter anyway. We'll have a new Stadium in five short years, and it will be sold out ever Saturday.

6 minutes ago, fanhood said:

So, you think there are 33k at that game?

Based on real actual numbers: yes, about that.

Your reported attendence was 37 K. Your actual attendance was 25 K. 25/37 is 66 percent. That means you inflate your numbers by a factor of 1/3. Or.....Actual Attendance = Reported Attendance x 2/3

So 50 K x 2/3 = 33 K

Your actual attendance for the Boise game is very likely to be close to 33k.

That fits since the pictures you provided show an empty upper deck, 23 lower sections covered in tarps, most sections not even full, and the fact that you most likely took photos of the most densely populated sections in your crappy rent-a-stadium.

We'll wait until the actual attendance numbers come out, but I'm guessing it's pretty damn close to 33 K.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Based on real actual numbers: yes, about that.

Your reported attendence was 37 K. Your actual attendance was 25 K. 25/37 is 66 percent. That means you inflate your numbers by a factor of 1/3. Or.....Actual Attendance = Reported Attendance x 2/3

So 50 K x 2/3 = 33 K

Your actual attendance for the Boise game is very likely to be close to 33k.

So, that stadium is half empty?

Just now, fanhood said:

So, that stadium is half empty?

Yeah, 23 lower bowl sections are covered in tarps in one of the photos. The entire upper deck is empty, with the exception of a few sections. Most of the sections aren't close to being full, and are less densely filled the farther you go up. And most likely, the photographer didn't even take pictures of the most pathetic sections of the stadium.

Half full sounds about right to me.

Just now, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, 23 lower bowl sections are covered in tarps in one of the photos. The entire upper deck is empty, with the exception of a few sections. Most of the sections aren't close to being full, and are less densely filled the farther you go up. And most likely, the photographer didn't even take pictures of the most pathetic sections of the stadium.

Half full sounds about right to me.

:-)