Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

2017 MWC Football Attendance

I have gone to almost every SDSU football game in the past 5 years.  I can't ever remember ever going through a turnstile.  And I would say that only half the time my ticket is scanned, often times I just show it.  Strangely I have season tickets to the Basketball games and my ticket is scanned 100% of the time and I go through a turnstile 100% of the time.  

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

So, in the face of truth, we're supposed to believe that SDSU hasn't figured out a way to count to 25 thousand in the year of 2017?

1000's of concerts, games, and large crowd events occur around the country every day, and SDSU hasn't quite figured out how to count higher than 25 K with modern technology.

That seems legit.

If there's another school more desperate than SDSU for attendance numbers to make themselves look legit than I don't know who that would be. You have every reason to ensure that you can count past 25 K, since your bid to a big conference is dependent on decent attendance numbers.

Let me see if I understand the current big lie as it stands. You haven't figured out how to get an accurate count, when you membership to a big conference is dependent on it.

That doesn't sound like bullshit at all, does it?

Just remember, this is a picture of the home stands at our LOWEST attended game in 69k seat stadium. But some how no games are over 25k...I’ve been to games all over and spent time as a pro athlete. I’ve seen enough crowds to know we have a count problem.

B23CC100-B148-4081-A2D0-024CAB11DF0F.jpeg

Just now, namssa said:

I have gone to almost every SDSU football game in the past 5 years.  I can't ever remember ever going through a turnstile.  And I would say that only half the time my ticket is scanned, often times I just show it.  Strangely I have season tickets to the Basketball games and my ticket is scanned 100% of the time and I go through a turnstile 100% of the time.  

Oh, the new lie.....It's such a low priority at SDSU to get an accurate attendance number that they don't scan tickets over half the time....

On top of that, people always sit on the side of the stadium that the cameras are on, so the stadium looks more empty than it actually is.

SDSU fans are hilarious...

Lie, lie, lie.....

Truth

New lie, new lie, new lie

Shit, would be great to be a SUDS fan as you can just go to the games for free. Don’t need a ticket, just walk right on in. That’s awesome. LOL

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

We were 3-9 :shrug: 

No kidding. I've seen threads here and on BC complaining that BSU attendance is down after stubbing their toe earlier in the season and then someone asks why our attendance is so low this year?? 

10 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Just remember, this is a picture of the home stands at our LOWEST attended game in 69k seat stadium. But some how no games are over 25k...I’ve been to games all over and spent time as a pro athlete. I’ve seen enough crowds to know we have a count problem.

B23CC100-B148-4081-A2D0-024CAB11DF0F.jpeg

Yeah, you're the only city on earth that hasn't figured out a way to count past 25K, with ticket scanners and bar codes, because pointing a laser at a bar code is such an incredibly difficult task to perform.

You SDSU fans do realize that we've been in the conference with you for 50 years and we're all surprised when you actually break 20 K in attendance regardless of how big your stadium is.

Let's have more lies though.

It's hilarious.

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Shit, would be great to be a SUDS fan as you can just go to the games for free. Don’t need a ticket, just walk right on in. That’s awesome. LOL

More like you just buy one ticket (sky show) and keep coming back with the same one the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, namssa said:

Why the hell would I lie?  I'm just telling you of my experience.  I could care less if you believe me or not.  

Yeah, I could care less if you believe the article quoting actual turnstile numbers or not.

When it comes to SDSU football attendance we have learned certain things are always true.

1. You always inflate your numbers.

2. When actual numbers come out, you lie about why those numbers aren't accurate.

3. When the camera pans across a 70K seat empty arena, there's always a lie to explain why that stadium isn't actually empty.

Let's just leave it at the new lie: SDSU can't count past 25K, when every other large crowd organization on earth has figured out how to scan a bar code with a laser. 

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, you're the only city on earth that hasn't figured out a way to count past 25K, with ticket scanners and bar codes, because pointing a laser at a bar code is such an incredibly difficult, taxing task to perform.

You SDSU fans do realize that we've been in the conference with you for 50 years and we're all surprised when you actually break 20 K in attendance regardless of how big your stadium is.

Let's have more lies though.

It's hilarious.

Is the picture lying? You should see Cal and Stanford pics, which supposedly only had 30k. 

5 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Is the picture lying? You should see Cal and Stanford pics, which supposedly only had 30k. 

I don't know. You tell me.

Am I supposed to believe an article based on turnstile attendance or the fan base of a team that's trying to convince everyone how legit they are by lying about attendance, when SDSU has been a historical football attendance turd for 50 + years?

I believe history, the cameras that pan over an empty football stadium six times a year, and articles originating in San Diego about actual attendance more than I believe the fans of the program trying to prove how "legit" they actually are when they can't average more than 25 thousand fans in a city of 5 million defending BACK to BACK MWC football championships.

It's not hard to believe that San Diego doesn't give a shit about SDSU football. They never have and never will.

34 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

College football live is going down the drain.

And I’m defending chitty fans because I’m one of them. Vegas game was the only one I attended this season other than the WSU game in Pullman. 

Did you at least make sure you season tickets were used?

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

3 minutes ago, MontysDen said:

The Ghost of Jack Graham is Cowboy Junky right?  There is nobody in existence other than him that gets this worked up about SDSU attendance. 

Has to be a Cowboy.  There is a lot of envy in his CSU posts.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

I don't know. You tell me.

Am I supposed to believe an article based on turnstile attendance or the fan base of a team that's trying to convince everyone how legit they are by lying about attendance, when SDSU has been a historical football attendance turd for 50 + years?

I believe history, the cameras that pan over an empty football stadium six times a year, and articles originating in San Diego about actual attendance more than I believe the fans of the program trying to prove how "legit" they actually are when they can't average more than 25 thousand fans in a city of 5 million defending BACK to BACK MWC football championships.

It's not hard to believe that San Diego doesn't give a shit about SDSU football. They never have and never will.

Lol, Lotsa butt hurt to dig through here. Can’t answer a simple and direct question about a pic at UNM/SDSU game. Hi Junky. 

34 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Just conjecture on my part. But a 69k stadium with only the upper deck unfilled probably has more than 30k seated. I don’t think anyone knows the true attendance which is def a problem.

With the tarps in the lower section  and the sparsely filled sunny areas, you start cutting it close. One of these days I'm going to be really, really bored at work and count by hand.