Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Mountain West Basketball Week 5: 12/4 -12/10

37 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Fresno is really laying in the weeds so far this year. Not screwing up their OOC games (minus Evansville) and playing pretty good ball early with no one really talking about them much. That loss to a pretty good Arkansas was more competitive then anyone else has been against the Razorbacks at home and Arky just thrashed #14 Minnesota. They have decent RPI and Kenpom numbers at this stage too.

I don't know if their OOC schedule will be good enough for a legit shot at an at-large bid, but if they can beat Oregon at home they will at least have an outside chance if they win a bunch of games in conference. They are definitely the darkhorse for winning the MWC regular season IMO.

I don't know that anyone is sleeping on Fresno. I think most of us consider them in the mix. Their issue with winning a regular season conference title has always been their consistency. They have a tendency to lose to some of the weaker teams. Evansville type games.

27 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Can’t tell if this is just an act or if you really are that phukking retarded.

It’s not an act.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I don't know that anyone is sleeping on Fresno. I think most of us consider them in the mix. Their issue with winning a regular season conference title has always been their consistency. They have a tendency to lose to some of the weaker teams. Evansville type games.

tbh we've had a cleaner OOC performance thus far than i expected.  I was expecting a road loss at LBSU or poly.

It amazes me how many people PH still triggers. :lol:

You ever encounter the panhandlers that have a sob story to tell you, but instead of listening you're thinking about how you're gonna say no?

That's the approach you guys need. Avoid at all costs and if stuck just carry on with the thread.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

13 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

It amazes me how many people PH still triggers. :lol:

You ever encounter the panhandlers that have a sob story to tell you, but instead of listening you're thinking about how you're gonna say no?

That's the approach you guys need. Avoid at all costs and if stuck just carry on with the thread.

Where am I wrong?  Who else in the conference has the talent to compete nationally?

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Where am I wrong?  Who else in the conference has the talent to compete nationally?

You haven’t competed regionally, let alone nationally, in how long?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

What do you mean compete nationally?  Make a sweet 16 run?  I think most would consider that competing nationally.  Here is the thing, you do not need All Americans to do that.  

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Where you're wrong is in failing to acknowledge that UNLV's past championship runs were made primarily on the backs of "transfers".

Johnson, Ackles, Spencer,.... no Larry Johnson, no championship.

Just now, renoskier said:

Where you're wrong is in failing to acknowledge that UNLV's past championship runs were made primarily on the backs of "transfers".

That, and it’s been 30 years. It’s like SMU claiming they’re still a national power.

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Tark always took JC & transfers...............started with JC transfer Ricky Sobers in 1975 at UNLV