Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Official Hawai'i Bowl thread - Fresno State vs Houston

29 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The big question going in to next year is can we replace the toughness and leadership of Malik and Mitchell.   

I think Boyer will be a solid replacement for Mitchell. 

3 hours ago, BHDog said:

Boise was clearly defeated in Fresno and was lucky to get away with the win in Boise ... 

Wow I feel so lucky.

Boise State was just better coached for the two matchups. He told the team that it was eight quarters of Football, and it was.

This “lucky” bullshit is just sour grapes. So enjoy sucking on them all offseason.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

7 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Wow I feel so lucky.

Boise State was just better coached for the two matchups. He told the team that it was eight quarters of Football, and it was.

This “lucky” bullshit is just sour grapes. So enjoy sucking on them all offseason.

listen

you won the second game fair and square but don't kid yourself, there isn't that much separation between the teams and you know it. "just better coached" is a cop-out.  Every sphincter in boise was clenched tighter than humanly possible for most of the second matchup. 

27 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Wow I feel so lucky.

I'm not sour.  It is what it is.  Coulda shoulda woulda.  It sucked that Fresno couldn't score again in the 4th at that game and our defense allowed that last touchdown after leading most of the game, but Fresno had a great comeback season and won their bowl game so it's all good!  Especially since I was one of the ones that didn't expect a 10 win season.  No worries on my end.  

39 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

listen

you won the second game fair and square but don't kid yourself, there isn't that much separation between the teams and you know it. "just better coached" is a cop-out.  Every sphincter in boise was clenched tighter than humanly possible for most of the second matchup. 

“Got lucky” isn’t a cop out?

lmao

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

ML’d the game at $1K and got the win...happy camper right here.

Phuck Houston and phuck bsu...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Wow I feel so lucky.

Rogue...it was an 8 quarter game...Harsin  said as much...so with the carryover, we won on aggregate...no luck involved. Lol.

23 hours ago, Cincy said:

I think Boyer will be a solid replacement for Mitchell. 

Do you?  I don’t.  When he came in for Mitchell, Oliver went right by him.   Transfers are often transfers for a reason.   

I think St Andrews shifts back to center or Clive takes the spot.

32 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Do you?  I don’t.  When he came in for Mitchell, Oliver went right by him.   Transfers are often transfers for a reason.   

Boyer came in late too.  I don't know that his ceiling is as high as Mitchell's, but he'll benefit from an offseason of S&C....but then had you asked me in spring whether mitchell's ceiling was this high i would have been skeptical. Grubb is a miracle worker.

That said, watch out for Quireo Woodley and Zelan Tupuola...though I think Grubb highly values having a veteran starter at center to make protection calls and adjustments.

44 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

He came in cold against the Outland Trophy winner for a couple plays. I’ll cut him some slack in this instance. 

St. Andrew isn’t gonna play center in any scenario. 

4 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Boyer came in late too.  I don't know that his ceiling is as high as Mitchell's, but he'll benefit from an offseason of S&C....but then had you asked me in spring whether mitchell's ceiling was this high i would have been skeptical. Grubb is a miracle worker.

That said, watch out for Quireo Woodley and Zelan Tupuola...though I think Grubb highly values having a veteran starter at center to make protection calls and adjustments.

Yeah I agree with you about a vet at center.  That reason is why I think St Andrews switching positions is likely.

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Well Mitchell has been a four year starter at center. 

neither of you are correct.  St. Andrew has played exclusively at right guard, and Mitchell only got like 5 snaps his freshman year and started his sophomore and half of his junior year at left guard.