Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU vs Army in the Armed Forces Bowl

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

And hopefully that tweet is just the public sentiment of the administration and the private one is we got hosed.

How did you guys get hosed?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

How did you guys get hosed?

The majority of reports were we were headed to the FF Bowl. However, once WSU got chosen for the Holiday Bowl, Arizona became the default and although you might not buy it, I subscribe to the belief of many Aztecs that because we recruit against that school and ASU more than any other P5s, Zona didn't want to play us and made that clear to the FF. It's really the only explanation for the FF Bowl to take a 6-6 team from a podunk town in Indiana.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

And hopefully that tweet is just the public sentiment of the administration and the private one is we got hosed.

Where did you "deserve" to go?

The MWC Bowl Line-Up is the WORST in D-1A.

17 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The majority of reports were we were headed to the FF Bowl. However, once WSU got chosen for the Holiday Bowl, Arizona became the default and although you might not buy it, I subscribe to the belief of many Aztecs that because we recruit against that school and ASU more than any other P5s, Zona didn't want to play us and made that clear to the FF. It's really the only explanation for the FF Bowl to take a 6-6 team from a podunk town in Indiana.

¿Are you serious?

¿Have you ever been to Bloomington?  "Podunk" Indiana is from the BIG-10.  There is your explanation.

NOTE:  Purdue...NO Indiana is going to the FF Bowl in SF

7 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

¿Are you serious?

¿Have you ever been to Bloomington?  "Podunk" Indiana is from the BIG-10.  There is your explanation.

Purdue is in West Lafayette you dolt. Population 30K.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I just scanned your post.  I thought UI was going to the FF.  Either way.  They will take a BIG-10 bottom feeder over CSU-San Diego 10-out-of-10 times.

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The fact remains, they took a BIG-10 school.  They'd be stupid to take CSU-San Diego over a BIG-10 school.  It's only going to get worse as the P5 $$$ adds up.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

^ ^ ^ Dolt ^ ^ ^

I'm a "dolt" because I realize why Purdue is more marketable than CSU-San Diego.  So be it.

41 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

The fact remains, they took a BIG-10 school.  They'd be stupid to take CSU-San Diego over a BIG-10 school.  It's only going to get worse as the P5 $$$ adds up.

Isn’t the Big their tie in?   Did the Big not fill another bowl?    The PAC has stiffed us  as much as possible.   

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Oh, so it's about the city, not the school. Because San Diego uber alles....

Image result for yeah right

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

54 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

What happened is the Big 10 sent Purdue west to play Arizona versus sending Purdue to the Quicklane bowl to play Duke.   So instead of SDSU or Fresno getting to play a PAC-12 team, NIU gets to play Duke in the Quicklane bowl.    

Thompson needs to be fired. 

Actually what happened was that Ohio State was expected to go to the Playoffs.  When they dropped out it changed everything.  Wisconsin ended up going to the Orange (instead of Auburn or Alabama) which opened up the Citrus to Notre Dame.  That pushed ALL the Big 10 teams down one spot on the bowl slot, which filled up the Foster Farms Bowl (who has a pick ahead of the Quick Lane Bowl).  Foster Farms chose to stay committed to their conference affiliation rather than passing on Purdue for SDSU.  Seems logical.  I haven't heard anything about Arizona pressuring for Purdue.  It doesn't make much sense especially since Arizona has scheduled a home and home vs SDSU for the 2021 and 2022 seasons.

But I think we can all agree that Hair should be fired.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

What happened is the Big 10 sent Purdue west to play Arizona versus sending Purdue to the Quicklane bowl to play Duke.   So instead of SDSU or Fresno getting to play a PAC-12 team, NIU gets to play Duke in the Quicklane bowl.    

Thompson needs to be fired. 

Ummm, how did Thompson have any influence in this situation?