Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fort Fun

New Mexico Bowl- Colorado State vs Marshall

Already booked airfare and hotel. Flights on Frontier were $180 or around $250 on Southwest. Some friends will make the drive. Playing a respectable program that isn't in our own conference and we've never played before.

Gotta say, I'm pretty thrilled all things considered.

Related, it really sucks for UTSA that they didn't get the invite (apparently they guaranteed to purchase 10,000 tickets- TEN THOUSAND- but got rejected. Selfishly I'd rather play Marshall because we just did a home-and-home with UTSA.

Looking at going with a group of alums--friends of my wife (teaches high school with them). Probably drive down stay a couple days, but have to figure out her finals schedule. 

Should a good game. Marshall's offense is pretty awful (94th or something in the country) vs. our awful defense (91st I think). Our offense should be clicking but Marshall's defense is their strength--if you can call it that (25th ranked?). CSU should be able to put up some points, it just who's worst is worse on the other side.

Los Lobos welcome you back to ABQ! Lobo Nation will be fully behind CSU.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

@GOUNMLOBOS will you be going to this game again? Last time vs Wash State was a blast. Hit me up

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

1 minute ago, GOUNMLOBOS said:

I'll be there. 

I’ll bring you an Old Aggie

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Los Lobos welcome you back to ABQ! Lobo Nation will be fully behind CSU.

¿Who or what is a "Dreamstyle?"?

I sent you PM.

30 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

I sure hope you guys leave your DL coach home.  The one that called Connor Halliday a phag and whatnot.  

He didn't survive the Mac/Bobo transition.  The last I heard, he's no longer in the coaching profession.

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¿Who or what is a "Dreamstyle?"?

I sent you PM.

Dream style homes, is an upscale home remodeling company in Albuquerque, and has branches in Arizona and I think Southern California as well? Anyway, they paid $10 million to UNM for the naming rights to University Stadium, and the Pit.

edit:  they do business offices as well .They remodeled  the Lobo football coaches offices, and the suites at the stadium.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 hours ago, AKram said:

New Mexico fans. Seat suggestions? Best rows, etc.

I'm willing to bet the MWC side will be the east side of the stadium for the TV cameras (sections with double letters, AA-DD etc.). They're probably not expecting a lot from Marshall. For a 2:30 game there will be sun through out...

...my only real suggestion is to keep away from the bottom section seats to have a good sight line. The field isn't lowered and the seating isn't raised much.

The scoreboard is the biggest in the MWC and you can see it from anywhere.

Amenites are slightly better towards the north concourse (number of bathrooms, vendors) but that's just nitpicking.

Have a good time. I take in this bowl every year. I hope CSU pulls this out. ?

8 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Already booked airfare and hotel. Flights on Frontier were $180 or around $250 on Southwest. 

Whoa, make some history and take a selfie at DIA with your CSU gear on!!!

Just kidding Fort — I hope you have an excellent trip down there and eat some amazing Messican food. Ask @Chile_Ute for some recommendations. Go Rams!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, LetTheFurFly said:

I'm willing to bet the MWC side will be the east side of the stadium for the TV cameras (sections with double letters, AA-DD etc.). They're probably not expecting a lot from Marshall. For a 2:30 game there will be sun through out...

...my only real suggestion is to keep away from the bottom section seats to have a good sight line. The field isn't lowered and the seating isn't raised much.

The scoreboard is the biggest in the MWC and you can see it from anywhere.

Amenites are slightly better towards the north concourse (number of bathrooms, vendors) but that's just nitpicking.

Have a good time. I take in this bowl every year. I hope CSU pulls this out. ?

Thank you.

When you say bottom section are you saying avoid rows 1-10ish or anything in the bottom (1-33) of the AA-II side?

13 hours ago, Biggest Sack in the WAC said:

Marshall is not a “respectable program” ? 

Eh, they were chasing an Access Bowl a few years ago and have some history as a "giant killer" from their FCS (1AA?) days. They put Pennington and Randy Moss in the NFL.

BYU fans might remember those guys amiright?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

15 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Already booked airfare and hotel. Flights on Frontier were $180 or around $250 on Southwest. Some friends will make the drive. Playing a respectable program that isn't in our own conference and we've never played before.  Gotta say, I'm pretty thrilled all things considered.

I'll be making the drive too.  Taking my 76yr old dad to his first bowl game.  We're gonna party like it's 1959!