Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Nick Saban just said

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

That Power 5 teams should not play group of 5 teams.

Did I hear that right?

But it's OK to play FCS teams and NEVER play a true home-and-home with other power teams OOC.  When is the last time, Alabama played on the road ooc, and I'm not talking some "neutral" site game in Dallas or Atlanta?

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

7 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

But it's OK to play FCS teams and NEVER play a true home-and-home with other power teams OOC.  When is the last time, Alabama played on the road ooc, and I'm not talking some "neutral" site game in Dallas or Atlanta?

They don’t have to.  Also, I kind of agree with Nick Saban.  He’s also opposed to only playing 8 SEC games.

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

They don’t have to.  Also, I kind of agree with Nick Saban.  He’s also opposed to only playing 8 SEC games.

Other bluebloods schedule marquee home-and-aways.  Just in the last two years, we've had USC-Texas and Ohio State-Oklahoma.  There's no excuse that Alabama can't do the same.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

He'll use us when it's convenient cuz I'm pretty sure last night on ESPN he factored in Fresno State in counting up the number of wins Bama has over Top 25 teams this year in making his case for a playoff spot.

1 hour ago, fearthefumanchu said:

So why does he keep scheduling them?

He claims he can't get a late season P5 to play, and all the SEC teams have a late season OOC game because they play 8 game conference schedule.

Edit to add:

Just looked at his schedule for the next few years, and he is full of shit.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 minute ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Other bluebloods schedule marquee home-and-aways.  Just in the last two years, we've had USC-Texas and Ohio State-Oklahoma.  There's no excuse that Alabama can't do the same.

They can but haven't needed to...and probably won't until they get left out enough times that they can no longer avoid the risk like other programs. 

College football is popular, very popular but there are as many G5 schools as P5 schools.  I have to think the overall college football interest would decline if over half the FBS programs and their alumni/fans no longer get to play or a seat at the table, albeit the kids table.  Becareful what you wish for Saban.

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

College football is popular, very popular but there are as many G5 schools as P5 schools.  I have to think the overall college football interest would decline if over half the FBS programs and their alumni/fans no longer get to play or a seat at the table, albeit the kids table.  Becareful what you wish for Saban.

I think some of that has happened already.   The days of a BYU getting a championship are long gone.

Saban always pulls this kind of blame game whenever he loses.  He's just trying to justify his highest paid salary.  It's a tired act.  BTW, if Auburn wasn't in Alabama he would have somehow attacked them for his loss instead.

4 hours ago, roughrider said:

I know, right Nick?      It's so damn embarrassing when those pesky little G5's compete and win.    

It's not about competition, it's about protecting your cash.   Just go to 8 and stfu. 

And pesky little FCS schools that beat P5's. Doesn't it suck when classic SEC schools like LSU lose to Sun Belt schools like Troy, Nicky? Last year Alabama had OOC games against Chattanooga, Kent St. and WKU. Nicky, you're saying that as powerful you are as a HC, you don't have any say who you schedule in OOC? For one of the best programs to be scheduling something like this just screams "I'm a hypocritical big puss".

kat.jpg