Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

World Cup Selection..who is watching?

Like acetone in a paper cut for any USMNT fans.   Today I want Arena, Bradley, Zusi and the rest of the 'old guard' gone from memory more than ever.   

German/Swiss heritage means I will have someone to root for but today I want nothing to do with the WC18.

2 hours ago, JohnAdams said:

Soccer is boring American kids should be playing baseball in the spring

As a lifetime baseball player, both sports are great for the athlete.  Neither is a great TV watch for most games.  Boring is not something a baseball fan should use to diss any other sport.    

Gay.  Now that's a decent attack.  Intelligent too. 

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

As a lifetime baseball player, both sports are great for the athlete.  Neither is a great TV watch for most games.  Boring is not something a baseball fan should use to diss any other sport.    

Gay.  Now that's a decent attack.  Intelligent too. 

Ooohh, good point regarding a baseball fan ragging on soccer for being boring. I like both by the way.

Now the gay thing?

I hope it's tongue in cheek because if there was a contest based upon who had the hottest wives/gf's, world class soccer players would win going away.(although I'm not sure about Christiano Renaldo:ph34r:)

Gay golfers might come in second.

18 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Russkis got a hilariously easy group. Hard to believe the seeding process could end up with such a group. 

I literally LOLd when I saw that group announced. I can only imagine the groups the U.S. and Mexico will be put in to in 2026 with that expanded field. 

7 hours ago, renoskier said:

Ooohh, good point regarding a baseball fan ragging on soccer for being boring. I like both by the way.

Now the gay thing?

I hope it's tongue in cheek because if there was a contest based upon who had the hottest wives/gf's, world class soccer players would win going away.(although I'm not sure about Christiano Renaldo:ph34r:)

Gay golfers might come in second.

It was totally satirical.  Using Gay as a slur was supposed to go away a couple decades ago.   And as an ex-motocross racer, we always bragged that motocross was rated by physiologists as the second most demanding sport (they used other terms) to only soccer.    Like the sport or not, and I admit to not being an MLS fan but I do watch England, German and Spain pro league games, those dudes are athletes at the highest level and they're getting paid for it. 

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I literally LOLd when I saw that group announced. I can only imagine the groups the U.S. and Mexico will be put in to in 2026 with that expanded field. 

They’re expanding the field? How many teams? 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

They are going from 32 to 48. Concacaf will have 6 bids instead of the 3.5 they have now. 

Jeez that’s a lot. I care about World Cup soccer vastly more than I care about any other version of it, but damn, all the drama of qualifying is taken out in concacaf with that expansion. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.