fanhood

SDSU Campus Plan Released

Headed put to the game. I'm sure Ill be bumping into all of you sooperfanz there.

LOL

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

40 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

The initiative isn't the legally binding document. The lease with the city is the legal document.

Seriously. Keep up

By the way dipshit, until SDSU suffered their collective aneurysm, they were actively negotiating terms with FS.

This is wrong. I have provided you evidence to the contrary. You cannot be helped, I guess.

17 hours ago, AztecMD said:

Is SDSUfan SteveAztec?   Seems pretty unhinged.   

As bad a SA is wasn't he actual alumni and originally from the area? SDSUfan is not alumni and came to SD later in life based on his own comments here in the passed. 

19 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

The initiative isn't the legally binding document. The lease with the city is the legal document.

Seriously. Keep up

By the way dipshit, until SDSU suffered their collective aneurysm, they were actively negotiating terms with FS.

Lmfao, the city attorney stated the exact opposite.  Pardon me if I take her legal advice on the issue over some message board soccer honk.

Yes, they were negotiating on building a stadium.  Not developing the entire property.

Seriously.  Keep up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AztecMD said:

Is SDSUfan SteveAztec?   Seems pretty unhinged.   

No, he's a different kind of nuts. 

Let him lash out while he can.  Soccer City is dead in the water.  You know it.  I know it.  He knows it.  Hell, even Citizen Landon knows it.  Why the he'll else would he come out of retirement to play in Mexico during what is the most pivotal time of the process?

SDSUFan is definitely not Steve. However much Steve has pissed many of us off over the years, he's always been as big an SDSU fan as anybody.

And even assuming the guy with the disingenuous moniker actually attends games, there can be little doubt he does so to root against the Aztecs.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

You guys talking about SteveAztec? Dude single-handedly saved SDSU athletics on multiple occasions. You guys wouldn't have some dude in a skirt blowing on a seashell if it wasn't for Steve.

If only Sergio were here to tell us about him...alright alright, now I'm scared. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SDSUFan is definitely not Steve. However much Steve has pissed many of us off over the years, he's always been as big an SDSU fan as anybody.

And even assuming the guy with the disingenuous moniker actually attends games, there can be little doubt he does so to root against the Aztecs.

For those of us in the Aztec fan community online his absence from pretty much every fan group and message board except this one is at the very least suspicious. 

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

As bad a SA is wasn't he actual alumni and originally from the area? SDSUfan is not alumni and came to SD later in life based on his own comments here in the passed. 

Ya know, this is interesting because he often rails about how inept the administration is at SDSU. Who mocks or complains about the administration at a school they didn't attend? That's kind of weird. I didn't attend Nevada, and outside of the athletic department, really have no care, no clue, and no opinion about the competency of the administration

1 hour ago, k5james said:

No, he's a different kind of nuts. 

Let him lash out while he can.  Soccer City is dead in the water.  You know it.  I know it.  He knows it.  Hell, even Citizen Landon knows it.  Why the he'll else would he come out of retirement to play in Mexico during what is the most pivotal time of the process?

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Think what you will..   

LOL

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

14 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Ya know, this is interesting because he often rails about how inept the administration is at SDSU. Who mocks or complains about the administration at a school they didn't attend? That's kind of weird. I didn't attend Nevada, and outside of the athletic department, really have no care, no clue, and no opinion about the competency of the administration

I expect very little from government functionaries but at the very LEAST, they can act ethically.  The SDSU administration cannot even mange that basic threshold. 

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

34 minutes ago, renoskier said:

His politics are his life, that’s it and that’s all. He’s already said he never attended and that he’s not originally from the area. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 5:52 PM, CsquaredCC said:

I am still waiting for the watercolor jokes.

Impatient Come On GIF

Seriously - looks great.  I love that the conference is investing heavily in facilities.

I was going to say nice water color of the stadium.  It means it's going to happen, for sure.

PokeNation: Internet Society of Wyoming fans everywhere

Sure, SDSUfan is a little extreme, but I also find it very weird how every single other Aztec fan on this board seems to be drinking the Kool-Aid whole heartedly and not even attempting to respond to his basic concerns. Based on what I've read, the current situation is that both the Soccer City and the SDSU proposals will be on the ballot in November. Most likely there is going to be a nasty campaign with backers of each initiative attacking the other initiative, and at least some pundits are expecting both initiatives to fail as a result. And SDSU has not negotiated an extension to their lease at the current stadium, which expires at the end of this season. What is SDSU going to do if both initiatives fail? What if the city refuses to renew the lease, or renews it only under the condition that SDSU assumes all the maintenance costs at the current stadium (reported to be $7 million per year)? Does SDSU plan to commit $7 million of their athletic budget for the upkeep of a crumbling stadium indefinitely? (If both initiatives fail, even if SDSU ultimately does gain ownership of the property, that's years away in the best-case scenario.) And what about the nightmare scenario where the initiative fails and the city sells the land to someone other than SDSU? What is SDSU's plan then? Play in the Coliseum? I've been asking these questions in every thread on this subject, and the only response I get from the SDSU fanboys are, "The initiative will pass. You're stupid and you don't know anything about this." Predicting the results of elections is difficult, as nearly every pundit in the world found out in the last presidential election. If I were an SDSU fan, I would want to have some idea what the plan is if the initiative fails. I haven't seen any such plan, and I find it a little weird that none of the SDSU fanboys on this board seem to be even remotely worried about that possibility.

36 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

Sure, SDSUfan is a little extreme, but I also find it very weird how every single other Aztec fan on this board seems to be drinking the Kool-Aid whole heartedly and not even attempting to respond to his basic concerns. Based on what I've read, the current situation is that both the Soccer City and the SDSU proposals will be on the ballot in November. Most likely there is going to be a nasty campaign with backers of each initiative attacking the other initiative, and at least some pundits are expecting both initiatives to fail as a result. And SDSU has not negotiated an extension to their lease at the current stadium, which expires at the end of this season. What is SDSU going to do if both initiatives fail? What if the city refuses to renew the lease, or renews it only under the condition that SDSU assumes all the maintenance costs at the current stadium (reported to be $7 million per year)? Does SDSU plan to commit $7 million of their athletic budget for the upkeep of a crumbling stadium indefinitely? (If both initiatives fail, even if SDSU ultimately does gain ownership of the property, that's years away in the best-case scenario.) And what about the nightmare scenario where the initiative fails and the city sells the land to someone other than SDSU? What is SDSU's plan then? Play in the Coliseum? I've been asking these questions in every thread on this subject, and the only response I get from the SDSU fanboys are, "The initiative will pass. You're stupid and you don't know anything about this." Predicting the results of elections is difficult, as nearly every pundit in the world found out in the last presidential election. If I were an SDSU fan, I would want to have some idea what the plan is if the initiative fails. I haven't seen any such plan, and I find it a little weird that none of the SDSU fanboys on this board seem to be even remotely worried about that possibility.

Because we've been paying attention and have an understanding of the situation that am outsider wouldn't.

Both initiatives failing is far from a "nightmare" scenario.  It can be argued it would actually be preferable to both initiatives.

If both initiatives fail in order for the land to be sold it would have to be designated surplus land.  Once it is designated surplus land the city charter has already established who gets first crack at the land.  SDSU would be number two behind government agencies responsible for low income housing.

It won't cost SDSU $7M to run that stadium as a majority of that $7M figure is for the city employees that run the place's salaries/bonuses/pensions.

The actual cost to keep it running is closer to $2.5M last I looked into it.

That's why SDSU fan isn't too worried.  The worst case scenario right now is playing second fiddle to a small time league in a too small stadium surrounded by a bunch of condos.  While that would suck it wouldn't be the end of the world.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, renoskier said:

I don't know SDSUfan's position on social issues but he is otherwise a dyed in the wool libertarian who detests government - law enforcement and the military excepted.

I worked briefly in aerospace and saw plenty of engineers with that mindset. They can't stand the "welfare state," "lazy" public employees, using taxpayer money to fund "non-essential" services, etc. There is certainly some factual support for such animus but to allow it to make one as disgruntled about life as some of these guys do is unfortunate. Hell, this guy could be the father of the tag team which runs AztecMesa. A number of years ago that guy started pimping Anyn Rand's books. I didn't know all that much about the woman but that motivated me to read up on her and she was a real whackadoodle.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.