fanhood

SDSU Campus Plan Released

7 hours ago, k5james said:

Curb stomping indeed...

IMG_20180116_234102.jpg

Thanks for your contribution. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

7 hours ago, k5james said:

That space is designated by the initiative to become condos if the NFL decides not to show dipshit.  I figured a mensa like you would know that...

Nothing is etched in stone. If the university had stayed engaged in the process, terms could have been negotiated to give SDSU first right of refusal. That however would take thought and imagination, two things utterly lacking up on the Mesa.

Footy says hi!

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Nothing is etched in stone. If the university had stayed engaged in the process, terms could have been negotiated to give SDSU first right of refusal. That however would take thought and imagination, two things utterly lacking up on the Mesa.

Footy says hi!

False. The initiative cannot be changed. How many times do we need to go over this?

I realize you won't read this, but Mara Elliott clearly states that the initiative cannot be changed.

RC-2017-1.pdf

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, k5james said:

Curb stomping indeed...

IMG_20180116_234102.jpg

46% of voters basically either want to keep Q as is with Aztecs playing in it or for the site to become SDSUwest. Soccercity is screwed. When a real poll is crafted with Leave as is removed since its not a real option, SDSU will be close to 50% threshold.

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

46% of voters basically either want to keep Q as is with Aztecs playing in it or for the site to become SDSUwest. Soccercity is screwed. When a real poll is crafted with Leave as is removed since its not a real option, SDSU will be close to 50% threshold.

LOL.  Brilliant insight!

Do you even live in SD? do you not know what the politics are when it comes to land use here?   That 26% is a hard reactionary, "Get off my Lawn" "We don't want to be LA" 26% that will and does vote against anything and everything. It's baked into any initiative involving land use in this city.  For SDSU to prevail, they need to win over basically all of the soccer city folks + a few from the "not sures" or "others".  Barring that and barring SC winning, this thing goes to an RFP.   Who wins when it goes to an RFP?  Basically a group of developers that call themselves "Friends of SDSU".   You know, the group that pledged that they are backing SDSU West as a civic duty and to "prove" it, have pledged NOT to compete for the work should SDSU West prevail.  They know damn well what the electorate will do.  They know damn well that putting two competing proposals on the ballot practically ensures neither will prevail. Their intent is to bring it to a process they are all comfortable with and can manipulate in familiar ways.   SDSU is nothing more than a convenient prop that THEIR boy McGrory has delivered to them.

Is the picture getting any brighter for you?

I've never seen a more delusional crowd than TRUE SDSU FANS

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

30 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL.  Brilliant insight!

Do you even live in SD? do you not know what the politics are when it comes to land use here?   That 26% is a hard reactionary, "Get off my Lawn" "We don't want to be LA" 26% that will and does vote against anything and everything. It's baked into any initiative involving land use in this city.  For SDSU to prevail, they need to win over basically all of the soccer city folks + a few from the "not sures" or "others".  Barring that and barring SC winning, this thing goes to an RFP.   Who wins when it goes to an RFP?  Basically a group of developers that call themselves "Friends of SDSU".   You know, the group that pledged that they are backing SDSU West as a civic duty and to "prove" it, have pledged NOT to compete for the work should SDSU West prevail.  They know damn well what the electorate will do.  They know damn well that putting two competing proposals on the ballot practically ensures neither will prevail. Their intent is to bring it to a process they are all comfortable with and can manipulate in familiar ways.   SDSU is nothing more than a convenient prop that THEIR boy McGrory has delivered to them.

Is the picture getting any brighter for you?

I've never seen a more delusional crowd than TRUE SDSU FANS

I'm from here, I live here, and I attended. Unlike you.

Thanks for finally admitting you're not a True/Real fan btw, took you awhile to own it. Good on you.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

I'm from here, I live here, and I attended. Unlike you.

LOL. Given the vacuity of the administration and the SDSU posters in this forum, I'm not sure that's something I would admit. Remember, all you need to do is convert the 26% of those that don't want to do anything with the site ( 20%+26%=46%) and you're damn near there!  LOL

As for being a TRUE SDSU FAN, if that means buying into this dishonest, profligate, parochial, pig-in-a-poke SDSU Worst debacle, count me out.  I always thought going to all of the games ( BB and FB) and donating to the university might be a better indicator but apparently not.  See you at the game. Stop over and say Hi.

Footy says hi!

foot-mcfooty.thumb.jpg.87330029295300c79b8aef013a265e03.jpg

5a4a84e6addea_SoccerCity.thumb.jpg.71f68c6850542f082ee0be9c91a022c1.jpg

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

34 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL. Given the vacuity of the administration and the SDSU posters in this forum, I'm not sure that's something I would admit. Remember, all you need to do is convert the 26% of those that don't want to do anything with the site ( 20%+26%=46%) and you're damn near there!  LOL

As for being a TRUE SDSU FAN, if that means buying into this dishonest, profligate, parochial, pig-in-a-poke SDSU Worst debacle, count me out.  I always thought going to all of the games ( BB and FB) and donating to the university might be a better indicator but apparently not.  See you at the game. Stop over and say Hi.

Footy says hi!

lol, you see what you want. I mean only 22% of respondents voted for the only path that would be for Soccer. Most of the rest voted for a FB stadium, the current one or a new one. That's just the facts Mr. Libertarian Soccer Bro.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

lol, you see what you want. I mean only 22% of respondents voted for the only path that would be for Soccer. Most of the rest voted for a FB stadium, the current one or a new one. That's just the facts Mr. Libertarian Soccer Bro.

SDSU Worst is a "multi-use" stadium, just like Soccer City, Remember?

Can't keep your lies straight. that's the problem when you run a dishonest campaign.

Footy goin' ta be doin' some stompin'

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

42 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Footy says hi!

Did you read the analysis I posted of you?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

I'm not sure about him being a fan of soccer but although the guy comes and goes, his true colors never change. He's a dyed in the wool libertarian (maybe with a capital "L") who abhors entities supported by taxation except the military and perhaps fire departments and law enforcement. Of course, he can't very well oppose military spending since he works for a defense contractor. His moniker could hardly be more disingenuous.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I'm not sure about him being a fan of soccer but although the guy comes and goes, his true colors never change. He's a dyed in the wool libertarian (maybe with a capital "L") who abhors entities supported by taxation except the military and perhaps fire departments and law enforcement. Of course, he can't very well oppose military spending since he works for a defense contractor. His moniker could hardly be more disingenuous.

LOL.

See you at the game tonight..no? 

I thought I worked for a contractor...or I'm a anti-sports professor....something.  I can't POSSIBLY be a SDSU sports fan AND a lifelong city resident that want what I believe is best for the city.  That could NEVER happen.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

13 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL.

See you at the game tonight..no? 

I thought I worked for a contractor...or I'm a anti-sports professor....something.  I can't POSSIBLY be a SDSU sports fan AND a lifelong city resident that want what I believe is best for the city.  That could NEVER happen.

No, you are an idiot.  To take a poll, as poorly worded as it was and wholly incongruent with reality, and use it as justification for your assertion makes you an imbecile.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fowl said:

No, you are an idiot.  To take a poll, as poorly worded as it was and wholly incongruent with reality, and use it as justification for your assertion makes you an imbecile.

I didn't post the poll you +++++ing jackass.

Try again

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

18 minutes ago, Fowl said:

TRUE SDSU FAN TRUE SDSUFANNING

LOL

Phuking idiot

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Footy says hi!

Not when it's etched in the stone of the initiative genius.  FFS.  For somebody who portends to be so intelligent on the subject you're pretty effing clueless.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

SDSU Worst is a "multi-use" stadium, just like Soccer City, Remember?

Can't keep your lies straight. that's the problem when you run a dishonest campaign.

Footy goin' ta be doin' some stompin'

What color is the sky in your world?  

1 hour ago, k5james said:

Not when it's etched in the stone of the initiative genius.  FFS.  For somebody who portends to be so intelligent on the subject you're pretty effing clueless.

The initiative isn't the legally binding document. The lease with the city is the legal document.

Seriously. Keep up

1 hour ago, k5james said:

By the way dipshit, until SDSU suffered their collective aneurysm, they were actively negotiating terms with FS.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke