fanhood

SDSU Campus Plan Released

12 hours ago, kalua pig said:

underground parking smells like piss after a football game.

Fresburg Fans will Rejoice! Smells like.....Fresburg!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Exactly zero percent will be dedicated to education.

The whole thing is funded by revenue bonds. It is ....follow me here....ILLEGAL TO BUILD CLASSROOMS WITH REVENUE BONDS. Educational facilities require legislative action and are funded through the general fund. This is because the state is required to staff and maintain them. 

Educate yourself.

My understanding is that only the stadium will be financed through revenue bonds. On KPBS yesterday they said that the other components would be built by PPPs. The university would lease back the buildings until such time as the developer was paid off, at which time the buildings would become university property.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

This is really amazing if it all gets built. It's good to see something good happen to the land there in MV. When I first started there in 1985, there weren't any parking structures. Parking was so bad they rented an elementary school's land as overflow parking which was a long walk in. Or you could park where parking permits ended in residential streets. Long way too. Some got their bikes out of their cars and rode in. You had to be there EARLY to get a spot on campus. 

I remember one morning I was hoof'n it in and I walked against a don't walk signal and a motorcycle cop busted me for jaywalking. That cop was such a dick, too. So, that brought the smartass out of me, and I was saying things like "You can't give me a ticket for walking. Now my f'n walking insurance is going to go up!!"  SD motorcycle traffic cops were always such dicks back then. Probably still are. 

kat.jpg

58 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

My understanding is that only the stadium will be financed through revenue bonds. On KPBS yesterday they said that the other components would be built by PPPs. The university would lease back the buildings until such time as the developer was paid off, at which time the buildings would become university property.

Revenue bonds need a revenue source. A football stadium as EVERYONE knows, generates insufficient revenue to be self-sustaining.The surrounding development is that revenue stream. Revenue projects funded by the CSU system use System Wide Revenue Bonds as the ultimate financing vehicle.  Whatever the arrangement is 20-30 years down the road is purely notional, just like pretty much every other thing about this deceptive state sponsored land grab.

The Truth is SDSU's enemy. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

16 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Revenue bonds need a revenue source. A football stadium as EVERYONE knows, generates insufficient revenue to be self-sustaining.The surrounding development is that revenue stream. Revenue projects funded by the CSU system use System Wide Revenue Bonds as the ultimate financing vehicle.  Whatever the arrangement is 20-30 years down the road is purely notional, just like pretty much every other thing about this deceptive state sponsored land grab.

If this ultimately comes to fruition, will you no longer be a "SDSUfan"?

What is your agenda?

Although this might not be a good thing for Soccer City, why do you seem to think it is a bad thing for the school you claim to be a fan of?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

If this ultimately comes to fruition, will you no longer be a "SDSUfan"?

What is your agenda?

Although this might not be a good thing for Soccer City, why do you seem to think it is a bad thing for the school you claim to be a fan of?

I think it's bad for the city, my main concern. I'll always be SDSUfan. And if they win this thing, I'll get my season tickets and continue to enjoy college football. If Soccer City wins, I'll get my season tickets and enjoy football.

I AM DEAD SET AGAINST USING "EDUCATION" AS A PLOY TO MANIPULATE THE PROCESS.

Especially when it's so insultingly transparent.

SDSU need to come clean. SDSU wants the land to build a stadium and generate revenue. Nothing more. Nothing less. Then the projects can be judged on their merits, which SDSU West loses, hands down.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

16 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL. The Truth makes an appearance.

I know when I think of a college "campus", hotels, office space, condos and stores are the first things I think of.....<_<

Replace "campus" with "sign" and that was my initial reaction to SDSU's huge electronic advertising billboard just off I-8 when it was first erected. However, that type of thing has since become commonplace in academia. You may not like it and I don't but if you have even a modicum of objectivity you'll acknowledge this. Taxpayers' refusal to fund public universities to the degree they did for more than a century has required those schools to become entrepreneurial to make up the difference.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

I think it's bad for the city, my main concern. I'll always be SDSUfan. And if they win this thing, I'll get my season tickets and continue to enjoy college football. If Soccer City wins, I'll get my season tickets and enjoy football.

SDSU need to come clean. SDSU wants the land to build a stadium and generate revenue. Nothing more. Nothing less. Then the projects can be judged on their merits, which SDSU West loses, hands down.

Bwahahaha, can you be more of a soccercity honk?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

So you're only ok with a private sector land grab?  Got it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is really amazing if it all gets built. It's good to see something good happen to the land there in MV. When I first started there in 1985, there weren't any parking structures.

That's incorrect. I graduated in 1981 and the structure across the street from campus on College Avenue was there when I first attended SDSU in 1976.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That's incorrect. I graduated in 1981 and the structure across the street from campus on College Avenue was there when I first attended SDSU in 1976.

As if we needed any further evidence that his claim to being a SDSU grad was BS.

13 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

I'm really pissed that SDSU is being so transparent too.

• Haha 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

51 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I'm really pissed that SDSU is being so transparent too.

Transparent liars. 

You'll get curb stomped at the polls.

• Super-Mega Idiot 3

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, k5james said:

DP5q4OtVQAAK6Js.jpg

DP5rlK_UIAA5lBp.jpg

Those are inconsistent with other renderings now up on GoAztecs. And I don't think the ones above are accurate either since the media has reported the stadium will be double decked with the top deck containing a canopy and Wicker has always mentioned that. See these drawings: http://www.goaztecs.com/view.gal?id=210107

Boom goes the dynamite.