fanhood

SDSU Campus Plan Released

3 hours ago, TK_05 said:

parking is so 1980's

looks cool. i see 3 photos so it's hard to say anything good or bad. be nice to have a bit more info honestly

I heard a piece today on the local NPR station. Apparently a lot of the buildings will have multiple levels of underground parking. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Where to tailgate not high on the priority list.  But I imagine it will be very similar to the tailgating at ASU, which is minimal.  I would guess there will be parking and tailgating on that baseball field shown.  Otherwise small parking lots at the commercial spaces will be utilized, trolley will be used by most fans, and a lot of pre-game at the bars and restaurants.  

8 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Awesome.  I like the way they show no parking lots and plan on relying on public transportation.  Tailgating will have to be someplace else and I hope they plan on making a space someplace for that.  I've been to your tailgating area and it seems to be a great time.  You don't want to lose that.

It will be an awesome expansion and hope it all happens.

https://twitter.com/ArtieNBCSD/status/935952648259362816

LOL. The Truth makes an appearance.

The key elements of the plan, prepared by the Carrier Johnson + Culture architectural firm, include:

• Aztec Stadium: A football-oriented facility at the northwest corner of the site with a grassy area called “Celebrate,” where about 1,000 cars could be parked on game days.
  • Hotels: A 22-story hotel, with 250 rooms, 75 condo units and a conference center, would be built along Friars Road, with views to the stadium immediately south. A second, low-rise ”select service” hotel with 150 rooms would be built just east of the main campus entrance.
  • Office space: About 1.6 million square feet of tech office and academic space, shared between private companies and SDSU departments, would be located in the southwest corner of the property. The university envisions “interdisciplinary teams” of climate and sustainability researchers working in tandem with private-sector tenants. A summary of the plan also mentions siting health clinics and counseling services to serve the community.
  • Housing: More than 4,500 units in 15 blocks of housing, including townhouses, mid-rises and five 22-story towers would be constructed at the northeast corner of the site. There was no breakdown on the residential mix. But the campus is committing to carry out a city requirement for a 10 percent set-aside for low-income units onsite. Housing for upper-division and graduate students and faculty would be included with other market-rate condos and apartments for the public. Carrier said the housing is far enough away to be out of the hazard zone of the nearby gasoline tank farm.
  • Retail: About 95,000 square feet of neighborhood-serving shops and restaurants, including a 12,000-square-foot grocery, would be located along the entrance road immediately east of the stadium. While stadium goers would be expected to patronize some of the restaurants and bars, architect Gordon Carrier said the businesses would primarily cater to the site’s residents and workers.
  • Parking: About 5,000 spaces would be constructed beneath buildings, rather than in standalone garages and lots. During heavy rains, water would directed to flow through the ground-level parking level, similar to what happens at Fashion Valley’s southern parking garages.
  • Parkland: A 50-acre San Diego River park which would be part of 85 to 90 acres of open space, ballparks, plazas and more than 4 miles of hiking and biking trails.

I know when I think of a college "campus", hotels, office space, condos and stores are the first things I think of.....<_<

The writers conclude the obvious to anyone with IQ north of lichen.

The rival SoccerCity plan generally proposes the same land uses

As the process continues, the blatent dishonesty of the "SDSU West"  crowd will be exposed. The reputation of the university will suffer.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/growth-development/sd-fi-sdsu-mission-valley-plan-stadium-20171129-story.html

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, bitteraztec said:

Where to tailgate not high on the priority list.  But I imagine it will be very similar to the tailgating at ASU, which is minimal.  I would guess there will be parking and tailgating on that baseball field shown.  Otherwise small parking lots at the commercial spaces will be utilized, trolley will be used by most fans, and a lot of pre-game at the bars and restaurants.  

There is going to be 85 acres of parkland (25 more acres than the Soccer City plan by the way) -plenty of places for recreation before the game.

6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL. The Truth makes an appearance.

I know when I think of a college "campus", hotels, office space, condos and stores are the first things I think of.....<_<

The writers conclude the obvious to anyone with IQ north of lichen.

As the process continues, the blatent dishonesty of the "SDSU West"  crowd will be exposed. The reputation of the university will suffer.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/growth-development/sd-fi-sdsu-mission-valley-plan-stadium-20171129-story.html

BIG difference... San Diego's largest and oldest public university will own and control the land and stadium and revenue/profit will be re-invested into the campus for research and higher education to serve the future social, cultural and economic needs of the greater San Diego region.  Soccer City OTOH is a PRIVATE corporation/hedge fund that will provide some tax revenue for the city (small beans in the grand scheme of things) and keep all profits for their investors while controlling the land and stadium.

In addition, SDSU Mission Valley is much less dense than Soccer City and will have far less traffic impact on the area. 

SCSD has 4,800 housing units (mostly 4 non-students) 3.1 million sqft office space -450 hotel rms-60 acres park; @SDSU 4,500 units (mostly for faculty/students) 1.6 million sqft office-400 hotel rms-85 acres park @SDSUWest is less dense and has 25 more acres of parkland.

SDSU Mission Valley is a better long term plan for the greater San Diego region and surrounding Mission Valley and its not close.

Go SDSU Mission Valley!

Go AZTECS!

1 reply2 retweets6 likes

• Like 1

Just now, SDSU-Alum2003 said:

BIG difference... San Diego's largest and oldest public university will own and control the land and stadium and revenue/profit will be re-invested into the campus for research and higher education to serve the future social, cultural and economic needs of the greater San Diego region.  Soccer City OTOH is a PRIVATE corporation/hedge fund that will provide some tax revenue for the city (small beans in the grand scheme of things) and keep all profits for their investors while controlling the land and stadium.

In addition, SDSU Mission Valley is much less dense than Soccer City and will have far less traffic impact on the area. 

SCSD has 4,800 housing units (mostly 4 non-students) 3.1 million sqft office space -450 hotel rms-60 acres park; @SDSU 4,500 units (mostly for faculty/students) 1.6 million sqft office-400 hotel rms-85 acres park @SDSUWest is less dense and has 25 more acres of parkland.

SDSU Mission Valley is a better long term plan for the greater San Diego region and surrounding Mission Valley and its not close.

Go SDSU Mission Valley!

Go AZTECS!

1 reply2 retweets6 likes

DO2jdhVUMAECzWC.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SDSU-Alum2003 said:

Go SDSU Mission Valley!

Go AZTECS!

1 reply2 retweets6 likes

Who the phuck do you think your peddling the bullshit to?  Revenue from the site will pay for the stadium, What else will pay for it given that no tax dollars and no student fees will be used, five SDSU football games/yr?  The mythical "professional" partner? Fairies peddling unicorn dust?  L....O...L

Again, you can't admit the truth because once it's known, SDSU West is sunk.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

7 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Who the phuck do you think your peddling the bullshit to?  Revenue from the site will pay for the stadium, What else will pay for it given that no tax dollars and no student fees will be used, five SDSU football games/yr?  The mythical "professional" partner? Fairies peddling unicorn dust?  L....O...L

Again, you can't admit the truth because once it's known, SDSU West is sunk.

LOL! Not only is SDSU Mission Valley going to pass come November of 2018 it is going to CRUSH Soccer City at the polls - its not going to be close. And yes the stadium will use Revenue Bonds and public-private partnerships among other funding sources. 

Hmmmm, now if only I knew how SDSU main campus was built over all these years... and how did we build South Campus Plaza and the other $500 million in projects at SDSU over the last several years... you guessed it! Revenue Bonds and public-private partnership. Good luck for you Sucker City proposal; you are going to need it! LOL!

Go SDSU Mission Valley!

Go AZTECS!

8 minutes ago, SDSU-Alum2003 said:

LOL! Not only is SDSU Mission Valley going to pass come November of 2018 it is going to CRUSH Soccer City at the polls - its not going to be close. And yes the stadium will use Revenue Bonds and public-private partnerships among other funding sources. 

Hmmmm, now if only I knew how SDSU main campus was built over all these years... and how did we build South Campus Plaza and the other $500 million in projects at SDSU over the last several years... you guessed it! Revenue Bonds and public-private partnership. Good luck for you Sucker City proposal; you are going to need it! LOL!

Go SDSU Mission Valley!

Go AZTECS!

I can't make you understand that when you tell the citizens that it's about "education" and they see condos, offices and stores that they'll feel uhhh ...misled  and will vote accordingly. You'll just have to experience it for yourself.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

I can't make you understand that when you tell the citizens that it's about "education" and they see condos, offices and stores that they'll feel uhhh ...misled  and will vote accordingly. You'll just have to experience it for yourself.

Hmmmm, is there housing, offices, stores, restaurants on main SDSU campus? Sure is! Will there be some low income/market rate housing? Absolutely! But the primary use of the property will be for facutly/students/research/classrooms/innovation and public-private incubation centers much like Tech Square at Georgia Tech. And you bet I will be experiencing it for myself as I will have a vote come November of 2018.

• Like 1