Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

British Royalty is stupid

11 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@halfmanhalfbronco and @RogueStout ... we need to take @AndroidAggie out to get totally shitfaced next season when USU visits Boise State. 

You think I'd go to mormon hell over alcohol? 

If i ever give up being mormon, it won't be over a few drinks... My price is much higher. 

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Not really. In my experience living over there for awhile there's a relatively small segment of the population that are into the royals. A much larger portion of the population see it as a big waste of money. Most Scots are downright resentful. 

I didn't say that they all necessarily loved them.....they were nutso for them. They love reading about them and the public spectacle that is the royal family. That being said, there is a decent percentage of the population that does love them. 

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

how far away is shitfaced from black out drunk?

do you remember what you did when you were shitfaced even if a car in amsterdam DOESN'T nearly kill you?

also, once, in france, i was walking home around 9:15PM when this guy comes stumbling out of a bar.  and i mean stumbling.  me and the guy i was with just stood there, about 30 yards off, watching him.  he nearly biffed it with forward falling momentum several times as he circled his way towards the street to cross at the light.  there was ZERO traffic.  he caught himself just in the nick of time from falling all the way to the crosswalk.  there, he hit the button to change the light to give him a walking signal.  while waiting, with nary a car in sight, his balance hit some sort of resonance frequency and he fell over.

some friends came out of the bar to help him and we left.

was that shitfaced or tipsy or what? (serious)

It's a spectrum. Once you hit the point of "it would be shameful for your parents to even know that you had been in this state of existence" you are shitfaced. It isn't necessarily a level of drunk. Blackouts are tricky too; you can be just past tipsy and not remember a thing while getting stumble down drunk and have watery memories of the whole night. On the whole, the drunker you are the more likely you are to black out. 

Do you remember what you did while shitfaced? Umm... maybe. You certainly made some errors in communication, so even if you remember, what you remember may have little bearing on reality. You also tend to have bizarre emotional swings, so remembering you did or said something can be tricky unless someone reminds you because it's like remembering something someone else did. Your own agenda becomes alien. 

Drinking goes:

• Buzzed. This is what happens after a couple beers(Note: it's tough to get buzzed on liquor because of the way carbonation affects how fast alcohol hits your system). You smile a little wider and talk a little more, maybe flirt a bit when you wouldn't have, either out of apathy or reserved nature, before. After a long day you relax a little bit and the little things the kids do that makes you steam are just a little less irritating; boring things are a bit less boring too. If you drink every day and it is past buzzed, you're an alcoholic. 
  • Tipsy. This is the ultimate goal of social drinking; most of college is learning how to get here without blowing right through it to drunk. You shouldn't drive, but you're sober enough to know this. You're very gregarious, everyone is your friend, and brave enough to hit on the smokin' hot brunette that you'd otherwise not. You may be sober enough to actually have some success, too. Everything is really fun, everyone has lots of great ideas, and you are a stronger, smarter, more beautiful you. Generally, other people are smarter and more beautiful, too, so if you're tipsy you need to watch yourself, it gets a little too easy to decide to fall into bed with someone you'd normally not find attractive or in situations where you'd normally think "oh shit this is a terrible idea". Your control other than mate selection is starting to go too, so you are a little too loud, a little less coordinated, and you take hints a little too slowly. Tipsy sex is the best alcohol influenced sex there is, you're disinhibited enough to go wild but not so disinhibited you hate yourself later. IF you aren't disciplined with your drinking, you blow right past this into drunk. IF you don't keep drinking, you backslide into buzzed - not a nice, pleasant buzzed, but an irritated grumpy one, and that original, happy tipsy is impossible to get to. 
  • Drunk (not shitfaced). People may disagree, but I feel like there is a stage right after tipsy where you are just straight up drunk. You are no longer even remotely witty, you talk to people but you are depressed enough you aren't snappy or anything, you're just loud. You're kind of stupid. This is where it gets about impossible to interface with sober people; you need either a buzzed or, ideally, a tipsy person to interface with them for you. You can still have a good time, especially if you are doing stuff with other drunk people, but you're pretty well limited to dancing, watching movies you've seen before and talking through them loudly with points you think are hilarious but are super super super cliche, and drinking/alcohol games.
  • Shitfaced. You suck at everything. This is what frat boys brag about being; it is not good. You make decisions with no apparent logic, you may not know why you are doing what you are doing, you can't really read social cues. Some people's shitfaced bleeds in to their tipsy, while others stretch out "drunk" for a while before they hit shitfaced. You're liable to start fights, or assume someone else is so utterly in to you that a make out attempt is a good idea. Shitfaced sex sucks. If you can get it up, it's damn difficult to get off; you can end up just pounding for hours, which sounds like a 15 year old's dream, but is really just boring as hell. You end up covered in sweat with a half numb johnson and sometimes you just give up without finishing because, Christ, we started at 12:30 and we've been at it so long the drunk is going away and I'm starting to feel a hangover. 

I spent more time than I should have shitfaced in college. 

• Comatose. Get this person to a hospital!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

17 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

You think I'd go to mormon hell over alcohol? 

If i ever give up being mormon, it won't be over a few drinks... My price is much higher. 

I don't know ... remember what happened to @#1Stunner the last time he visited us in Boise:

a0gk2d.jpg

He's never been the same.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

First round is on me.

Also, "blackout" is not really a thing. You see, there is this perfect moment when you simply time-travel. It is glorious, but the stress of doing this does leave a lingering head pressure, ache even, that can really only be cured by a big, greasy breakfast and a bloody mary or manmosa. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

5 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

First round is on me.

Also, "blackout" is not really a thing. You see, there is this perfect moment when you simply time-travel. It is glorious, but the stress of doing this does leave a lingering head pressure, ache even, that can really only be cured by a big, greasy breakfast and a bloody mary or manmosa. 

In fact, the effects are cumulative. If you have time traveled enough, the stress causes your hands to shake, nausea, lethargy, sensitivity to light and sound, and overall crotchetiness. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

In fact, the effects are cumulative. If you have time traveled enough, the stress causes your hands to shake, nausea, lethargy, sensitivity to light and sound, and overall crotchetiness. 

^^ can confirm

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

20 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Not really. In my experience living over there for awhile there's a relatively small segment of the population that are into the royals. A much larger portion of the population see it as a big waste of money. Most Scots are downright resentful. 

You're kidding, right? 

"Most Scots are downright resentful" :lol:  The Irish are pretty resentful too. 

History does funny things.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

HaHa.  Watched this just last night.

The Duck of Death...

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke