Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am Ram

Gun writers and imaginary threats

2 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

And you wear tiny shirts - we all saw it. 

No idea what that means but keep trying to convince us you’re in the market to buy a gun Mr. Outdoorsman. LOL

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, I am Ram said:

No, it wasn't. That was the introduction and the background to my actual topic. 

Yeah, that seems to be about your skill level. Make it a career. One day you might be able to tutor 6th graders. 

So do you want advice on what to carry or not?  You claimed this thread was not about pro 2A or anti 2A but rather you wanted advice.  You then pretended you were actually curios and went off on weird tangent about man eating bears.  Everybody told you how ridiculous you are and how you are better off without a gun in the hills.  Obviously you did not expect or like that response.  You never had any intention of protecting your well being in the woods in griz territory, and honestly a betta like you is far more likely to freak out at night when he hears a dear breaking a branch and shoot himself than actually defending himself against a bear.

If this thread has proven one thing, it is that this Ram dude would hide himself behind my little sister and cousins.  The idiot does not understand the +++++ing basics of either the ecosystem in which he wants to pretend to be involved with like a poser or the firearms he pretends to want to learn about.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So do you want advice on what to carry or not? 

No, I don't. Is this so hard to understand? I want to talk/rant about ridiculous threat scenarios in gun journalism. This has zero to do with asking for advice what kind of gun I want. 

You claimed this thread was not about pro 2A or anti 2A but rather you wanted advice.  

Yes, on the no pro/con 2A, no on the advice part. Where do you read that?

You then pretended you were actually curios and went off on weird tangent about man eating bears.  Everybody told you how ridiculous you are and how you are better off without a gun in the hills.  Obviously you did not expect or like that response.  You never had any intention of protecting your well being in the woods in griz territory, and honestly a betta like you is far more likely to freak out at night when he hears a dear breaking a branch and shoot himself than actually defending himself against a bear.

Geez. No. Just no. See above. Or better yet, let's wait for someone to come in who actually understands the initial post since you won't believe me. 

I'm gonna try one more time: My entire point is how ridiculous these kinds of horror scenarios are. When reading a bunch of reviews, I noticed - and it irked me - how common these scenarios/horror stories are in gun writing. That's all. I'm not looking for a "small handgun" (as mentioned in the initial post) to protect myself from grizzlies or snakes. There aren't even any +++++ing grizzlies or snakes in my +++++ing neck of the woods. Those were just two examples of the ridiculous stories I wanted to talk about. 

1 minute ago, I am Ram said:

No, I don't. Is this so hard to understand? I want to talk/rant about ridiculous threat scenarios in gun journalism. This has zero to do with asking for advice what kind of gun I want. 

Geez. No. Just no. See above. Or better yet, let's wait for someone to come in who actually understands the initial post since you won't believe me. 

I'm gonna try one more time: My entire point is how ridiculous these kinds of horror scenarios are. When reading a bunch of reviews, I noticed - and it irked me - how common these scenarios/horror stories are in gun writing. That's all. I'm not looking for a "small handgun" (as mentioned in the initial post) to protect myself from grizzlies or snakes. There aren't even any +++++ing grizzlies or snakes in my +++++ing neck of the woods. Those were just two examples of the ridiculous stories I wanted to talk about. 

LOL — just stick to reading “objective” Newsweek articles and shopping for “rugged” fleece vests at REI. 

11 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Dumb ass.....

12 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Learn to construct a conversation in English.

12 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

LOL — just stick to reading “objective” Newsweek articles and shopping for “rugged” fleece vests at REI. 

I have a much better idea: Let's ask a few people who have street cred with you super readers but who can actually process a text, and they can explain how they read my initial post. @mugtang @happycamper @AndroidAggie @renoskier

Not asking them to choose sides since there are no sides to choose other than the BS you made up when you got triggered. We'll just ask them to answer a few basic reading comprehension questions, namely:

1) Is the OP asking for advice on what gun to buy?

2) Is the OP worried about man-eating bears?

3) Is the OP trying to push an anti-gun agenda in his initial post?

SuperWhy_Story_of_Super.jpg.resize.710x3

1 minute ago, I am Ram said:

I have a much better idea: Let's ask a few people who have street cred with you super readers but who can actually process a text, and they can explain how they read my initial post. @mugtang @happycamper @AndroidAggie @renoskier

Not asking them to choose sides since there are no sides to choose other than the BS you made up when you got triggered. We'll just ask them to answer a few basic reading comprehension questions, namely:

1) Is the OP asking for advice on what gun to buy?

2) Is the OP worried about man-eating bears?

3) Is the OP trying to push an anti-gun agenda in his initial post?

SuperWhy_Story_of_Super.jpg.resize.710x3

You start off with: 

This is not an pro/con 2A thread. If you'd like to talk about how guns are the solution for/cause of all problems, please do it somewhere else.

I'm currently looking around for a small personal defense gun I can take with me when going fishing/hiking on my own.

Then you spend the next 2/3 of the post ranting about how stupid and dishonest gun owners are. Yeah, very convincing. LOL

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You start off with: 

This is not an pro/con 2A thread. If you'd like to talk about how guns are the solution for/cause of all problems, please do it somewhere else.

I'm currently looking around for a small personal defense gun I can take with me when going fishing/hiking on my own.

Then you spend the next 2/3 of the post ranting about how stupid and dishonest gun owners are. Yeah, very convincing. LOL

The dud is a moron.  Can not even comprehend to worst he most certainly posted while drunk.

9 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Friend of mine was eaten by bears in Alaska.  You need a high caliber weapon to do anything at all.  But I am no gun expert.  

This is true. The best way to survive a deadly encounter is to use tactics that the bear doesn’t interpret as either threatening, evasive, or fearful. Trying to kill a griz or polar bear at close range with a low caliber firearm is futile as direct hits wouldn’t even slow it down. There are plenty of websites that give advise on what to do when confronted with an aggressive bear, but with all things that involve nature, not every situation goes according to the book. 

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

This is true. The best way to survive a deadly encounter is to use tactics that the bear doesn’t interpret as either threatening, evasive, or fearful. Trying to kill a griz or polar bear at close range with a low caliber firearm is futile as direct hits wouldn’t even slow it down. There are plenty of websites that give advise on what to do when confronted with an aggressive bear, but with all things that involve nature, not every situation goes according to the book. 

But the OP was looking for a "small personal defense gun" LMAO.  Jesus Christ.  Dude is hiking through Oregon, maybe someday he says, and goes off about man eating griz and what type of gun he should buy, then goes on about into how much he hates gun owners.

What an idiot, guy should not own or touch a gun.  He should make believe he is an outdoorsman in Oregon and cuddle with 4 or 5 people because he is afraid of the big bad animals at night.

20 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Friend of mine was eaten by bears in Alaska.  You need a high caliber weapon to do anything at all.  But I am no gun expert.  

.44 mag is considered the minimum for protection.  However home boy in the OP is a scared little man wanting to hike in Oregon wondering what type of gun he should get while simultaneously insulting gun owners.

It is Oregon, bitch, you do not need a gun. 

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

But the OP was looking for a "small personal defense gun" LMAO.  Jesus Christ.  Dude is hiking through Oregon, maybe someday he says, and goes off about man eating griz and what type of gun he should buy, then goes on about into how much he hates gun owners.

What an idiot, guy should not own or touch a gun.  He should make believe he is an outdoorsman in Oregon and cuddle with 4 or 5 people because he is afraid of the big bad animals at night.

I am Subaru would have been a little more credible had he concentrated on asking for advise and simply mentioned that blogs and articles tended to embellish necessity of a firearm. But being that 2/3 of his OP was focused on the lies of gun nuts, his weak attempt at sincerity fell way short.