Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

2017-2018 coaching carousel

ok catch me up

florida— Dan Mullen

arkansas—Chad Morris

texas a&m— Jimbo Fisher

Florida State --Willie Target

oregon--Mario Cristobal

oregon state— Jonathan Smith

ucla— Chip Kelly

nebraska — Scott Frost

ucf— Josh Huepel

tennessee—Jeremy Pruitt

s alabama—

utep—Dana Dimel

georgia southern—

ole miss- Matt Luke

kent state-

arizona state—Herm Edwards

miss st—joe moorhead

rice—Mike Bloomgren

4 minutes ago, Billings said:

ok catch me up

florida—

arkansas—

texas a&m—

oregon state—

ucla—

nebraska — probable

Think Nebraska job opening is a definite 

Nebraska finishes its season 4-8, the first time since 1961 the program failed to win five games. It means Riley finishes his third and likely final season here with a 19-19 career record, including a 12-15 mark in Big Ten play. Since the Huskers climbed to No. 7 in the Associated Press poll after a 7-0 start last fall, the program has lost 12-of-18 overall.

Those marks included a combined 1-8 record against division opponents Wisconsin, Northwestern and Iowa.

The Huskers gave up at least 54 points in their final three games of the season and in four of their final six. 

7 minutes ago, badfish said:

Lot of quality openings this year. Glad we don't have to worry about Rocky leaving.

Surprisingly, I don't see any MW head coaches moving up this year.  Harsin or Calhoun could go, but it just doesn't seem like they will move this year.  

14 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Surprisingly, I don't see any MW head coaches moving up this year.  Harsin or Calhoun could go, but it just doesn't seem like they will move this year.  

Yeah I doubt that any get hired or fired. I wonder when the last time that happened was?

23 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Don't know much about Harsin, but outside of UCLA, none of those spots look like a good fit for him. He seems like a West Coast/NorthWest kind of guy.

14 minutes ago, bigd said:

Yeah I doubt that any get hired or fired. I wonder when the last time that happened was?

I wonder if it has ever happened.  Davie is an unknown for me.  I could see him getting fired for the off the field stuff and it kind of seems like he lost his team this year.  Did he lose the fan base in the process?

Brennan should be fired but SJSU doesn't have the funds.

59 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

The only ones that would be sought after IMO are Harsin, Rocky, and Calhoun.  I don't think Harsin has done quite enough yet, and the other two just seem like they're in too comfortable of a job to jump into the frying pan.

47 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

I wonder if any MWC coaches get poached. I think Tedford is probably most likely. Maybe Rocky. But I would think if he were going anywhere, it would have happened already.

Tedford's not leaving the west coast, and he's not leaving for a trash tier job.   Basically the only way he leaves Fresno this year is UCLA missing on like their top 5 guys.

obviously you can quote me if i'm wrong in 2 months but i really don't think he's leaving.  It's not like deruyter where he was blatantly angling for jobs by the end of year 1 - he tried super hard to get the colorado job

(btw i was told by someone at the time that if Petersen had turned down UW in 2013 it would have gone to deruyter)

25 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Mike Riley officially out at Nebraska..http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21553488/mike-riley-fired-nebraska-cornhuskers-coach-three-seasons

Craig Bohl is from Lincoln....   just saying...

I don't think that happens.  Bohl is too old.  If Frost doesn't go there I don't know who they get?  Campbell from ISU?  

23 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I don't think that happens.  Bohl is too old.  If Frost doesn't go there I don't know who they get?  Campbell from ISU?  

I don't think he is too old.  What if SDSU would have said Rocky Long was too old.  He got the suds job when he was older than Bohl.  Rocky is 8 years older than Bohl and Rocky looks like he will be around for a long time.  Nick Saben at Alabama is 7 years older than Bohl.  

Nah,  I think if he gets the right assistants he would do well there.