Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am Ram

Comcast fanboys, rejoice!

Golden times are upon us indeed! On December 14th, the FCC will decide that net neutrality is a thing of the past, and the US will join advanced high tech nations like Portugal, where internet providers can decide what contents their customers can have access to and at what speeds. This is wonderful news for @thelawlorfaithful and @CPslograd. All those sports streaming pirates won't be a problem anymore because ISPs can simply block known streaming websites. "Aha," says the pirate, "I will simply use a VPN." And because of that, your ISP will also likely block or slow down access to VPN services. After all, VPNs are just for people who have something to hide anyway, right? 

And that's just the beginning! Because ISP and content providers are increasingly the same thing, Comcast and friends can use their new powers to make sure you don't veer too far outside their universes. No need for a big, scary, and unregulated internet. From now on, there will be a Comcast internet, a Verizon internet, an AT&T internet, etc. - all with their own apps, content packages, and data allotments. And if you don't like that, that's no problem. Most Americans have a choice between many a few one or two ISPs, so there will be tough competition for your dollars. And if you are still not satisfied, you can just opt to live without internet. 

I wonder how much a long cable from British Columbia to Portland costs...

Oh, and those cord-cutter friendly internet TV bundles we like so much? NOOOOOOOOOPE! Sling, YouTube TV, etc. directly compete with cable providers, so don't count on those pesky disruptors being allowed to exist in the future.

16 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Oh, and those cord-cutter friendly internet TV bundles we like so much? NOOOOOOOOOPE! Sling, YouTube TV, etc. directly compete with cable providers, so don't count on those pesky disruptors being allowed to exist in the future.

Shirley, you can't be serious.

11 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Shirley, you can't be serious.

Of course I am. Why allow a customer to pay $35 to another guy when you can sell it them $55? At the very least, expect a nice little extra fee. 

(And don't call me Shirley!)

14 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

YES!  FREEDOM HAS BEEN DESTROYED!  THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR!  I JUST WISH MY REACTION COULD BE AS HYPERBOLIC AS I AM RAM'S OP!

You must have forgot all that internet genocide that happened before the FCC saved everyone. #neverforgetpre2015internetdeathcamps 

I got you covered.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You must have forgot all that internet genocide that happened before the FCC saved everyone. #neverforgetpre2015internetdeathcamps 

I got you covered.

Every time your internet gets shittier and more expensive, I will be there to laugh at you. 

Just now, I am Ram said:

Every time your internet gets shittier and more expensive, I will be there to laugh at you. 

And every time it doesn’t I will be laughing at you. Like right now.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2851979/net-neutrality-five-myths-and-the-real-facts.html

A few facts regarding the end of internet freedom and life on earth as we know it.

Lol, good job finding the one article that doesn't condemn the ending of net neutrality. From 2014. On PC World (lol!). I encourage you to do a search for more recent articles.

Myth #4: Without net neutrality, some Internet users will experience slower service 

This isn't a myth either, but two different positions around the same fact. This is the fact: If ISPs offer faster service for some Web companies, the service for other companies will be slower by comparison.

The argument centers around a perception: Is slower bad, or just not as good as faster? Net neutrality advocates warn that if ISPs give some websites a fast lane for an extra fee, that's essentially downgrading service for all other websites. Opponents contend that service to all wouldn’t be downgraded, but those who paid extra would get better (faster) service.

This is awesome. Only ISPs will be able to downgrade the hell out of everything they don't like. And when have Verizon and Comcast NOT done anything awful when they had the opportunity to do so? That's right, never.

In all fairness and seriousness, it should be pointed out that local-loop unbundling (i.e. allowing multiple providers to use the final mile to the customer's home), as it's done in many European and Asian countries, would make the ENTIRE net neutrality debate pretty much unnecessary. But that's not going to happen in this country anytime soon.

I think some of you lefties have flown over the cuckoos nest recently.  I'm guessing its because the lefts fraudulent position regarding the WARONWOMEN as been exposed.

Getta grip cookie!  Youre losing it.

While we're at it, we need to break up apple for intentionally keeping its Safari Browser weak in order to sell apps!.  Lets break up MS too, they still have an essential monopoly.  FaceBook must be destroyed! 

38 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I think some of you lefties have flown over the cuckoos nest recently.  I'm guessing its because the lefts fraudulent position regarding the WARONWOMEN as been exposed.

Getta grip cookie!  Youre losing it.

While we're at it, we need to break up apple for intentionally keeping its Safari Browser weak in order to sell apps!.  Lets break up MS too, they still have an essential monopoly.  FaceBook must be destroyed! 

Bla, bla, bla, right, left, bla, bla...

CPslograd keeping it real on the interwebz:

hqdefault.jpg