Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

Mountain West Basketball Week 3: 11/20-11/26

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

nothing personally will ever top the 13-11 halftime score between fresno and uc riverside a few years back. 

How about the start of the AF - Wyoming tourney game last year where AF led 25-0 in the 1st half at the 11:23 mark? 

..GO FALCONS..

2 minutes ago, trl87 said:

70-61 Pokes. In championship game vs winner of Richmond and #12 Cincinnati. 

Louisiana was averaging 100pts per game.  Holding them to 61 pts says good things about our defense.  No JJ the 2nd half and Dalton not really contributing on offense, it was nice to see others step up.  38 pts off our bench.  This team is deep.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Louisiana was averaging 100pts per game.  Holding them to 61 pts says good things about our defense.  No JJ the 2nd half and Dalton not really contributing on offense, it was nice to see others step up.  38 pts off our bench.  This team is deep.

I love the D, but we cannot have Lou Adams playing extended minutes. He is so quick, very athletic and he can shoot, yet his brain switches off at times and he can’t seem to play under control. He hurts us more than he helps, bad fouls and turnovers are just killers especially at the end of games.

1 hour ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

I love the D, but we cannot have Lou Adams playing extended minutes. He is so quick, very athletic and he can shoot, yet his brain switches off at times and he can’t seem to play under control. He hurts us more than he helps, bad fouls and turnovers are just killers especially at the end of games.

Our starters played 108 of the 200 minutes today.  We'll have some fresh legs tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Well we will need JJ and the Red Baron tomorrow. You think Edwards was intentionally resting guys? Or that’s just how the game developed?

Honestly, I think he was going to his bench to keep fresh legs in today's game.  The pace looked fast.  Dalton wasn't on and Gorski and Adams responded well, so it was easy to play them more minutes.  JJ's minutes were limited due to the hit to his mouth.

Not sure why, but it worked out.  I'm also concerned how much JJ will be able to contribute with fresh stitches around his mouth.

I go to look for cbs sports network and find it completely gone and replaced by BeIn sports. What the hell is up with this?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2017/11/21/dish-network-customers-lose-cbs-stations-fee-battle-threatens-thanksgiving-football-games

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

How about the start of the AF - Wyoming tourney game last year where AF led 25-0 in the 1st half at the 11:23 mark? 

that was something else, i don't remember ever seeing anything quite like it. there was so much excitement for AFA in the T&M every time they scored just to see how far it could go, but then it got to the point that everybody seemed to feel bad for wyo, and the place lit up when they were finally able to get a basket. and yet a little deflated at the same time, lol, i think we entertained the thought that they might not score the entire first half.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I go to look for cbs sports network and find it completely gone and replaced by BeIn sports. What the hell is up with this?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2017/11/21/dish-network-customers-lose-cbs-stations-fee-battle-threatens-thanksgiving-football-games

I'm in the same boat.  I feel like I'm living in a reno hell.  Dish won't pay what CBS is asking.  This won't be resolved anytime soon as they've been negotiating since January.