Warbow

Mora fired

I think the best hires Nebraska could make would be either Scott Frost or Matt Campbell.  UCLA would be crazy not to go hard after Chip Kelly before Florida gets him hired.  If UCLA does hire Kelly then Frost gets the full on press from the Gators and they might get him over the Huskers.

42 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I think the best hires Nebraska could make would be either Scott Frost or Matt Campbell.  UCLA would be crazy not to go hard after Chip Kelly before Florida gets him hired.  If UCLA does hire Kelly then Frost gets the full on press from the Gators and they might get him over the Huskers.

Possible, but I think Joe is right and that Kelly goes to Florida.  Although I suspect Kelly is why the bruins cut mora loose a week early.

Frost may not be a lock for Nebraska, that's a tough job nowadays with unrealistic expectations.  He could look elsewhere.  He played at Stanford and coached at Oregon, so maybe he would go to the Pac10?

Id be very happy to see Kelly at ucla, and ten more years of The Ted at State.  I just don't think ucla will get Kelly.  The facilities are better now, and the tv contract helps ucla compared to the past, but when has ucla ever got The Big Name Coach, in football or basketball?  Never seems to happen.  I'd guess it will be a second or third tier name.  

I don't think tamu is firing sumlin, so ucla can't afford him.

Th Iowa State guy maybe?

I actually did some research and came across these interesting little statistics:

Jim Mora's record in six seasons at UCLA 46-30, Record vs Top-20 opponents in first six seasons: 8-12

Terry Donahue's record in first six seasons at UCLA 45-21-1, Record vs Top-20 opponents in first six seasons: 11-10-3

Henry Russell Sanders record in first six seasons at UCLA: 42-12-1, record vs Top-20 opponents in first six seasons: 9-8-0

Jim Mora wasn't doing that badly, but UCLA lost patience with Mora

On 11/19/2017 at 7:55 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Mora won a ton at the beginning by using Neuheisel's recruits. Also, his team has been undisciplined the last few years with significant numbers of penalties.

I liked Mora, and he seemed like a good hire, but the bruins were regressing and your points are valid.

Sumlin would always talk with Petros and Money when the Aggies came West.  He’s smooth.  Good interview.  Looks the part, and has a laid back demeanor.   Kelly is a red ass, actually Mora was too, but not as much as Kelly.  I can’t think of a guy that gives TDs vibe more than Sumlin.  He’s perfect.  But TAMU has to fire him for it to happen.

oh, and he’s a good coach and tamu is nuts for firing him.  I would prefer for ucla to run pro formation, but they’re not as locked into that as southern cal.  Don’t see that as being a deal breaker, even with aikman leading the search.

On 11/19/2017 at 8:45 PM, ExplorerSunDevil said:

I actually did some research and came across these interesting little statistics:

Jim Mora's record in six seasons at UCLA 46-30, Record vs Top-20 opponents in first six seasons: 8-12

Terry Donahue's record in first six seasons at UCLA 45-21-1, Record vs Top-20 opponents in first six seasons: 11-10-3

Henry Russell Sanders record in first six seasons at UCLA: 42-12-1, record vs Top-20 opponents in first six seasons: 9-8-0

How’s his record vs USC? That may be a factor also.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 11/19/2017 at 7:33 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Campbell seems like his style of play would fly more at NU than Frost's, even though Frost was uber QB during his time there. 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Around the time of Neuheisel's firing, I heard an interview with TD on the radio.  Donahue was nearly fired early in his tenure too.  Came down to an SC game, which he won.

They had a couple off years in the early nineties, before he stumbled onto Maddox, I remember he was getting heat then too.