Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Rank em basketball edition

I haven’t watched enough of the other teams yet to rank them. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Great start to the basketball season so far by the MWC...

Mountain West hoops is 21-3 so far this season, 16-3 vs. Division I programs

https://twitter.com/GeoffGrammer/status/931037824513597440?s=17

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Yeah, it’s too early. Nevada looks as advertised or better. San Jose looks not good, Utah State seems iffy leaning towards ok. Everybody else could be decent to great, who knows at this point.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Great start to the basketball season so far by the MWC...

Mountain West hoops is 21-3 so far this season, 16-3 vs. Division I programs

https://twitter.com/GeoffGrammer/status/931037824513597440?s=17

That looks good and sounds good...but in reality MWC teams are beating up on some serious cupcakes so far, with a couple exceptions. The good news is we are straight up destroying most of these weaker teams (as we should). I'm not going to get too geeked up until we can start beating some better teams consistently though...but it is a lot better start than last year in the OOC. 

33 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Based only on what I've seen:

1.CSU

Ummm, I haven't seen the others so we must be the best.

Carry on.

c40.jpg

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Winthrop sounds like a nobody but at least they beat Illinois and made the tourney last year so they could be good.

That said, we still might be mediocre as hell. Still have no offensive identity and no clavell to save our ass. 

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If San Jose State loses to Southern Utah, you can pencil them in for last place.

honestly we already could, they got whipped by an average San Diego team in their own house.

In all seriousness right now it looks like Nevada's a clear #1 and sjsu's a clear #11 and none of the other 9 teams have done anything to separate.   

gun to my head:

Nevada

SDSU

BSU

Fresno

Wyoming

CSU

NM

UNLV

Air Force

USU

SJSU

One, maybe two bid league unless we pull some upsets in the next two weeks, with two or three NIT teams. 

1. Nevada

2. Fresno State

3.Boise State

4. UNLV

5. Wyoming

6. SDSU

7. CSU

8. UNM

9. Utah State

10. Air Force

UNR is the clear #1 then 2-6 is kind of a mess. Fresno, Boise, UNLV, and Wyoming have all looked good, just need to see how they do against a little stiffer competition.  SDSU laid that egg against ASU in the second half, so would like to see how they bounce back.  Need to see how CSU does against Tulane- could move them up.  Also Need to see how UNM does against NMSU to see if they can compete or if they're building.  Utah State looks like it will struggle.  

I don't rank big sky teams *cough* sjsu

1 minute ago, TheJackel said:

1. Nevada

2. Fresno State

3.Boise State

4. UNLV

5. Wyoming

6. SDSU

7. CSU

8. UNM

9. Utah State

10. Air Force

UNR is the clear #1 then 2-6 is kind of a mess. Fresno, Boise, UNLV, and Wyoming have all looked good, just need to see how they do against a little stiffer competition.  SDSU laid that egg against ASU in the second half, so would like to see how they bounce back.  Need to see how CSU does against Tulane- could move them up.  Also Need to see how UNM does against NMSU to see if they can compete or if they're building.  Utah State looks like it will struggle.  

I don't rank big sky teams *cough* sjsu

I think SDSU is too talented for a 6th place finish but then again that's where they ended up last year.

Too early to tell.  Gotta at least wait till mid December.  By then teams will have played a decent amount of the non-conference schedule, and we'll have a better gauge.  For now.....

1. UNR

2-..........Everyone else

16 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I think SDSU is too talented for a 6th place finish but then again that's where they ended up last year.

I don't trust their big men this year.  You have Pope then it seems like a big drop-off.  I think they might struggle with opposing teams with a lot height