Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Congrats CSU. Fire Harsin.

9 hours ago, AKram said:

Give it time.

I don't know if I should be happy I "knew" it would happen or disheartened that it did. CSU football is giving me the shakes.

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Remember all the things I've been saying about how bad CSU's defense is?  You put up 52 on a really good Boise State D and still lose?  Bobo should change the locks on the DC's office tonight.

Think of it this way ... at least Bobo’s contract isn’t written as such that he gets an automatic extension every time CSU holds an opponent under 50 points. Your program isn’t cursed with that type of anchor like mine is.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Think of it this way ... at least Bobo’s contract isn’t written as such that he gets an automatic extension every time CSU holds an opponent under 50 points. Your program isn’t cursed with that type of anchor like mine is.

I found my Christmas gift for Mike Bobo:

https://www.amazon.com/How-Good-You-Want-Champions/dp/0345500849

I hope he reads, learns, and improves as a head coach! As to Harsin, I don't think he's as bad as reported. 

35 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The OP perfectly illustrated what I see from BSU fans every time they get down by ten or more.  The premature quit is a Bronco fan trait.

In our defense, this was really only the second time a Harsin team came back from a significant deficit. Under Petersen, it was rare to go down by double digits at all and we Bronco fans have become programmed to be disappointed under this current staff. 

17 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In our defense, this was really only the second time a Harsin team came back from a significant deficit. Under Petersen, it was rare to go down by double digits at all and we Bronco fans have become programmed to be disappointed under this current staff. 

I don't understand your dislike of Harsin. Is he Petersen? No. That's a once in a lifetime coach and he stayed forever because of your bike paths. Harsin took you to a Fiesta Bowl and won. You're likely going to win another MW title this year.

What do you view as the problem? That he's not as good as Petersen? You're not getting another coach like him, ever. Do you think Koetter is the answer? I know your program has crazy lofty expectations- that is good, but you might not be able to go to a NY6 every other year. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

7 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don't understand your dislike of Harsin. Is he Petersen? No. That's a once in a lifetime coach and he stayed forever because of your bike paths. Harsin took you to a Fiesta Bowl and won. You're likely going to win another MW title this year.

What do you view as the problem? That he's not as good as Petersen? You're not getting another coach like him, ever. Do you think Koetter is the answer? I know your program has crazy lofty expectations- that is good, but you might not be able to go to a NY6 every other year. 

Harsin is a good recruiter but also has the reputation of being a micromanager with regard to his staff and there have been times when the team has been woefully unprepared for a game (e.g. Virginia). For me, he needs to demonstrate the ability to grow as a head coach, primarily in keeping his staff a little longer and also cutting down on player turnover. In addition, some gottdamm consistency would be nice. Yeah, I know we Boise State fans are spoiled but this is our venue to bitch about things we’re frustrated with. FWIW, I watched the game in its entirety. 

I’m not a huge Harsin fan, I was adamant about wanting DK, but that ship has sailed and isn’t an option any more.

Serious question - If we were to get rid of Harsin, who in the world could we hire that would be better?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

9 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I’m not a huge Harsin fan, I was adamant about wanting DK, but that ship has sailed and isn’t an option any more.

Serious question - If we were to get rid of Harsin, who in the world could we hire that would be better?

Marty English. 

10 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Koetter's seat is getting warm in Tampa Bay, no?       And the future coaching star on the staff is Avalos IMO.   Someday that guy is a successful head coach. 

Conjecture is great but Harsin is learning how to be a better head man every week.   Give him 2 solid coordinators (Hill is improving each week now too) and he's pretty darn good.  Imagine that.

Harsin is good enough for me. He has a big Bowl win under his belt, he brings in way better talent than Petersen ever did, and he is starting to Coach his players up better than he used to (no where near what Coach Pete did).

The only thing that needs to happen is for someone at the University to get him to chill the +++++ out and not let him run his assistants off.

Again, the Koetter moment has passed. I wouldn’t bring him in now, after having selected someone else.

16 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Koetter's seat is getting warm in Tampa Bay, no?       And the future coaching star on the staff is Avalos IMO.   Someday that guy is a successful head coach. 

Conjecture is great but Harsin is learning how to be a better head man every week.   Give him 2 solid coordinators (Hill is improving each week now too) and he's pretty darn good.  Imagine that.

I see Avalos as next man up as well. I think he has the tools and attitude to eventually be a HC.

26 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Harsin is good enough for me. He has a big Bowl win under his belt, he brings in way better talent than Petersen ever did, and he is starting to Coach his players up better than he used to (no where near what Coach Pete did).

The only thing that needs to happen is for someone at the University to get him to chill the +++++ out and not let him run his assistants off.

Again, the Koetter moment has passed. I wouldn’t bring him in now, after having selected someone else.

LOL.  Our 2010 team had the second most NFL players on it in the nation.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

LOL.  Our 2010 team had the second most NFL players on it in the nation.

No shit man but they did not come in highly ranked. My point being that Harsin is bringing in highly ranked recruits and starting to coach them up.

Pete was unmatched in bringing in “our kind of guys” ( I think that’s what he called it) and turning them into fantastic Football players.

He was never interested in recruiting battles for 4 star kids though.

6 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

No shit man but they did not come in highly ranked. My point being that Harsin is bringing in highly ranked recruits and starting to coach them up.

Pete was unmatched in bringing in “our kind of guys” ( I think that’s what he called it) and turning them into fantastic Football players.

He was never interested in recruiting battles for 4 star kids though.

But that is not what you said.  You said he brings in better talent.  He does not.  Hell most of those two classes played as Freshmen or True Freshmen, so the "they were developed better" theory does not really hold up either.

Harsin beats out more P5 teams for recruits, that does not mean he brings in better talent.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

But that is not what you said.  You said he brings in better talent.  He does not.  Hell most of those two classes played as Freshmen or True Freshmen, so the "they were developed better" theory does not really hold up either.

Harsin beats out more P5 teams for recruits, that does not mean he brings in better talent.

I think I was pretty clear. You like to argue with people about semantics and small trivial things.

Not really something I do.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How else do you evaluate talent coming out of high school?   Developing them once they get to college is another story.  

Posted Image