Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

matteosandiego

Rivalry Weeks in the Mountain West!

18 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I don’t know anyone who feels that USU is a Rival.

I’m on record as saying I like having the Aggies in the Conference. They’re an easy road trip. Logan is a “cool” town imo in that it is in the mountains, very pretty and I am sure there is some good mtn biking there, I like that they have committed to stadium upgrades, generally have pleasant fans, cute (blonde) coeds, quite a bit of nice things going for them. Definitely not a Rival.

We just don’t have a Rival unfortunately.

BYU fans and teams sure act like we are rivals whenever they beat us, but they insist there is no rivalry.  They always seem to rush the field or court at the end of the game when they beat us, but it means nothing to them.

35 minutes ago, matteosandiego said:

There are 4 November Saturdays with games.

The Conference Championship game is one week after the final regular season game, this year December 2.

http://themw.com/sports/2017/6/24/champ-football-2017.aspx

30 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

You missed the key word at least. He's saying you can play BYU and still have 2 weeks like the OP wants

Hello, I didn't miss anything. There are at least 4 Saturdays in November, and every other month.

19 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I don’t know anyone who feels that USU is a Rival.

I’m on record as saying I like having the Aggies in the Conference. They’re an easy road trip. Logan is a “cool” town imo in that it is in the mountains, very pretty and I am sure there is some good mtn biking there, I like that they have committed to stadium upgrades, generally have pleasant fans, cute (blonde) coeds, quite a bit of nice things going for them. Definitely not a Rival.

We just don’t have a Rival unfortunately.

There's a budding rivalry potentially rekindling between USU and WYO.  There's certainly a history there with the Aggies leading all-time (38-26-4).  Now that the Cougs and Utes are gone Cowboy fans just need someone, anyone from Utah for which to redirect our disdain!  :P  They'll never overtake CSU or AFA so not a candidate for the last 2 weeks of the season but it could turn into a heated matchup in the future.  We'll see.

8 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

There's a budding rivalry potentially rekindling between USU and WYO.  There's certainly a history there with the Aggies leading all-time (38-26-4).  Now that the Cougs and Utes are gone Cowboy fans just need someone, anyone from Utah for which to redirect our disdain!  :P  They'll never overtake CSU or AFA so not a candidate for the last 2 weeks of the season but it could turn into a heated matchup in the future.  We'll see.

There is a pretty cool trophy for the winner of the USU/WYO game.

8 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

The mountain schools seem to be better overall and have decent shared history vs each other. So really most of those games no matter how it is split can be played at the final stretch and be exciting and meaningful. A Boise vs USU game may not be the most crucial matchup, but at least the games could be very meaningful because most all the teams are pretty good. (FWIW I think Boise vs AF is a nice rivalry so far, so that can be one too?)

The West is a bit trickier because most of the teams have hopped around conferences much of their history. It usually boils down to SDSU vs Fresno for the division anyways so it just seems more common sense to have them two play at the end of the year when it will be an exciting finish for their division.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

UNLV is an original MWC school.

If the world had started in 2000, I suppose Vegas would have had a deeper, longer, more satisfying relationship with the MWC core (AFA, CSU, Wyoming & New Mejico, since the boogars and pukes are gone bye-bye) than Fresburgh.  Hawai'i, too, for that matter, since Fresburgh came into a relationship with the core long before the Bullpups.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

1 hour ago, LPH-10 said:

BYU fans and teams sure act like we are rivals whenever they beat us, but they insist there is no rivalry.  They always seem to rush the field or court at the end of the game when they beat us, but it means nothing to them.

54 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I was replying to Jack's post and speaking specifically to Boise State fans.

22 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think Boise feels rivalry with USU.  I think they feel it more with Fresno or Nevada.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

10 minutes ago, matteosandiego said:

LOL yeah our fanbase is mixed about the decision.

We wan to play them, but not cool they get to have their cake & eat it. 

Fresno, USU, Boise, SJSU i think all have scheduled BYU since they left.

I don't begrudge any of the schools that joined the MWC after BYU's departure for scheduling them.  Especially USU as an in-state rival.

24 minutes ago, matteosandiego said:

LOL yeah our fanbase is mixed about the decision.

We wan to play them, but not cool they get to have their cake & eat it. 

Fresno, USU, Boise, SJSU i think all have scheduled BYU since they left.

Nevada, Hawaii.  I think the rest will too eventually, except for AFA.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

UNLV is the only original MWC school that has scheduled BYU in football since they departed.  Once back in 2014 and UNLV will again cross that line on Nov 10th.  :foottap:

SDSU scheduled a home and home with them a few years from now.