Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Let's just abandon Americans, but keep on fighting illegal wars

You +++++ing sack of shit. You, like you predecessors, don't have a damned problem spending billions and keeping our troops in Afghanistan indefinitely... but +++++ Puerto Rico, we can't keep people to help them because of their "financial issues". +++++ you, you're not a President, you're a +++++ing piece of shit demagogue wannabe dictator. Your businesses have declared bankruptcy not once, not twice... no, SIX +++++ING TIMES! Those were messes of your own making, but you took the easy way out. Puerto Rico is a disaster to be sure, financially, infrastructure, and they've just experienced a natural disaster. But you can't just blame everything on them, and then abandon them. THEY'RE AMERICAN CITIZENS! 

With every passing day, I get more and more enraged by this dipshit and his asinine supporters. From wanting to stamp out the First Amendment because the press is mean to him (which he whined about again today), to the Puerto Rico thing, golfing ALL THE GODDAMN TIME, funneling government money to his properties by making the decision to stay there instead of elsewhere, and his administration costing us millions with their wasteful spending. +++++ this bullshit. When do we get to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors so that even the +++++tard Republicans can't defend him anymore? He's a sick, disgusting, mentally incompetent, and possibly senile shitstain that thinks he should be able to rule like a dictator. But his supporters and the GOP establishment doesn't give a shit. 

I'm disgusted with most of our elected officials, and a significant portion of my fellow Americans today. 

27 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

" Its official languages are Spanish and English, though Spanish predominates"

That's why. They don't even speak 'Murican.

You got yourself one of them Murican/Messican dictionaries? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

You +++++ing sack of shit. You, like you predecessors, don't have a damned problem spending billions and keeping our troops in Afghanistan indefinitely... but +++++ Puerto Rico, we can't keep people to help them because of their "financial issues". +++++ you, you're not a President, you're a +++++ing piece of shit demagogue wannabe dictator. Your businesses have declared bankruptcy not once, not twice... no, SIX +++++ING TIMES! Those were messes of your own making, but you took the easy way out. Puerto Rico is a disaster to be sure, financially, infrastructure, and they've just experienced a natural disaster. But you can't just blame everything on them, and then abandon them. THEY'RE AMERICAN CITIZENS! 

With every passing day, I get more and more enraged by this dipshit and his asinine supporters. From wanting to stamp out the First Amendment because the press is mean to him (which he whined about again today), to the Puerto Rico thing, golfing ALL THE GODDAMN TIME, funneling government money to his properties by making the decision to stay there instead of elsewhere, and his administration costing us millions with their wasteful spending. +++++ this bullshit. When do we get to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors so that even the +++++tard Republicans can't defend him anymore? He's a sick, disgusting, mentally incompetent, and possibly senile shitstain that thinks he should be able to rule like a dictator. But his supporters and the GOP establishment doesn't give a shit. 

I'm disgusted with most of our elected officials, and a significant portion of my fellow Americans today. 

Emotion is a good thing :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Now I am against fighting wars with 3rd world countries that only do one thing which is create more terrorists.

I have to say @retrofade I am also against having FEMA in Puerto Rico for more than 60 days.   I don't think they should be in Texas or Florida either.

I am against the rich man welfare insurance system that forces Idaho citizens to insure some asshole who builds his house on a sand dune in the ocean off South Carolina or Alabama every couple years when it gets hit by a hurricane again.  If that sand dune is that cool than the rich dude should rebuild his own fucking house.

I am against rebuilding cities like New Orleans that are 20 feet below sea level in some places.   Spending Billions of dollars of national tax money every year to keep a city smaller than Reno dry just doesn't make sense.  If that city is that valuable than the locals who benefit should fund it.

I am against spending billions in Florida every time a hurricane passes through.  It is a common predictable event.  If you want to live in Florida because it is so great there, then you deal with the hurricane damage.  It is not my problem or the problem of the Nebraskan farmer that you had your home damaged by a common occurrence in your part of the world.

These "natural disasters", which are really just very common weather phenomena are something you are aware of when you or your granddaddy first moved to Puerto Rico or Florida or Texas ect....     Calling them emergencies, is like calling a windy day in Wyoming an emergency or a 100 degree day in Phoenix an emergency.

States, counties and municipalities should handle these common occurrences.   They should be planned for.  Now you are going to say the local governments can't afford to do this.   Well then it isn't worth doing.  There is no payoff on keeping New Orleans dry.  It isn't worth $4 billion a year or $4 billion a decade to keep it dry.

There is no justification for an Idaho citizen to pay for a problem 1000's of miles away.    He should pay for his problems and the guy who wants to love 20 feet under sea level in New Orleans should pay for his levees and pumping stations.

FEMA should show up with $100 gas vouchers and MRE's.  Maybe a voucher for your first month's rent in North Dakota or wherever you want to move too.   Otherwise if you want to stay and take the risk of hurricanes, tidal waves, earthquakes, tornadoes or any other very predictable weather occurrence.  You need to self insure or use the capitalist system.  Having the rest of us pay for your sunny days in Florida just don't cut it.

Yes, you're right, tools... Those people who were overwhelmingly born in Puerto Rico into poverty should have know about hurricanes and decided to be born elsewhere. 

You're really living up to the tools moniker right now. 

22 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

What are you suggesting the difference is?

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

6 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

What are you suggesting the difference is?

Ohhhhh....I get it now, you guys were trying to say that Houston is full of white people....but then I says to myself "self, that can't be true, because Houston is only 25% white and is 43.8% Hispanic." So back to the drawing board I guess.....what is the difference you were referencing? When you guys figure it out....let me know. 

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/Demographics/docs_pdfs/Cy/Race_Ethnicty_and_Language_Spoken.pdf

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

7 hours ago, retrofade said:

Yes, you're right, tools... Those people who were overwhelmingly horning Puerto Rico into poverty should have know about hurricanes and decided to be born elsewhere. 

They can move, their parents could move.

It isn't a free world but this is still a country that allows significant freedoms.

It is easy to call me a heartless asshole.   Not so easy to actually address the issues I brought up.  Not so easy to justify rebuilding the same shit over and over when it is predictably going to be destroyed.   Not easy to justify Idaho or Nevada citizens paying for the economic prosperity of others.

13 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Now I am against fighting wars with 3rd world countries that only do one thing which is create more terrorists.

I have to say @retrofade I am also against having FEMA in Puerto Rico for more than 60 days.   I don't think they should be in Texas or Florida either.

I am against the rich man welfare insurance system that forces Idaho citizens to insure some asshole who builds his house on a sand dune in the ocean off South Carolina or Alabama every couple years when it gets hit by a hurricane again.  If that sand dune is that cool than the rich dude should rebuild his own fucking house.

I am against rebuilding cities like New Orleans that are 20 feet below sea level in some places.   Spending Billions of dollars of national tax money every year to keep a city smaller than Reno dry just doesn't make sense.  If that city is that valuable than the locals who benefit should fund it.

I am against spending billions in Florida every time a hurricane passes through.  It is a common predictable event.  If you want to live in Florida because it is so great there, then you deal with the hurricane damage.  It is not my problem or the problem of the Nebraskan farmer that you had your home damaged by a common occurrence in your part of the world.

These "natural disasters", which are really just very common weather phenomena are something you are aware of when you or your granddaddy first moved to Puerto Rico or Florida or Texas ect....     Calling them emergencies, is like calling a windy day in Wyoming an emergency or a 100 degree day in Phoenix an emergency.

States, counties and municipalities should handle these common occurrences.   They should be planned for.  Now you are going to say the local governments can't afford to do this.   Well then it isn't worth doing.  There is no payoff on keeping New Orleans dry.  It isn't worth $4 billion a year or $4 billion a decade to keep it dry.

There is no justification for an Idaho citizen to pay for a problem 1000's of miles away.    He should pay for his problems and the guy who wants to love 20 feet under sea level in New Orleans should pay for his levees and pumping stations.

FEMA should show up with $100 gas vouchers and MRE's.  Maybe a voucher for your first month's rent in North Dakota or wherever you want to move too.   Otherwise if you want to stay and take the risk of hurricanes, tidal waves, earthquakes, tornadoes or any other very predictable weather occurrence.  You need to self insure or use the capitalist system.  Having the rest of us pay for your sunny days in Florida just don't cut it.

I agree with all of this. If you don't like sand, don't move to the seashore. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

34 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

They can move, their parents could move.

It isn't a free world but this is still a country that allows significant freedoms.

It is easy to call me a heartless asshole.   Not so easy to actually address the issues I brought up.  Not so easy to justify rebuilding the same shit over and over when it is predictably going to be destroyed.   Not easy to justify Idaho or Nevada citizens paying for the economic prosperity of others.

You have absolutely no idea about the economic realities of living in Puerto Rico are. Furthermore, Puerto Rico gets hit by a major hurricane about once every 100 years. Should people not live in Los Angeles or San Francisco because an earthquake might hit them someday? Should people not live in the great plains because there are tornadoes that go through there? Your argument is flawed at its very core. 

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You have absolutely no idea about the economic realities of living in Puerto Rico are. Furthermore, Puerto Rico gets hit by a major hurricane about once every 100 years. Should people not live in Los Angeles or San Francisco because an earthquake might hit them someday? Should people not live in the great plains because there are tornadoes that go through there? Your argument is flawed at its very core. 

Where did I say anyone shouldn't live where they want.   Just pay your own way.

Go ahead and live in Florida, just get stay out my pocketbook when the hurricane hits.   Go ahead and live in Puerto Rico, just don't use a hurricane as an excuse to come after my money to repair your ancient infrastructure that your politicians ignored for decades while running your economy into the ground.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I agree with blues on this one. Live where you want, get wiped out once and you get helped. Get wiped out again, that's on you.

It pisses me off to hear stories of how many time some home owners in New Jersey, and elsewhere, have received flood insurance settlements. And don't tell me "they pay for flood insurance". They pay ridiculously low rates subsidized by all of us. As often as some areas flood, there's no way folks would be able to obtain or afford flood insurance.

edit: BTW, my rant has nothing to do with the situation in Puerto Rico.

edit2: also, strict new and no doubt more expensive building codes should be written and enforced.

Surprisingly little damage was done to homes built in Florida after 1993 because the building codes were completely rewritten after hurricane Andrew.

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

Yes, you're right, tools... Those people who were overwhelmingly horning Puerto Rico into poverty should have know about hurricanes and decided to be born elsewhere. 

So, just why were you "horning Puerto Rico into poverty"?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Trump would have to kill and eat a white baby on live tv during the national anthem of the super bowl for his supporters to turn on him. Even then, he could claim that eating babies will bring back coal jobs and probably keep most of them.