Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

The US has Failed to Qualify for the World Cup

Absolutely +++++ing embarrassing. The team played with no urgency whatsoever in the first half. Then ins the second half, they still seemed like they didn't give a shit.

I said from the beginning that Arena wasn't the right hire, and that seems pretty goddamned +++++ing obvious now. He's a decent enough MLS coach, but there's a reason he was let for as the USMNT coach to begin with. Sunil Gulati should have been canned a long time ago as well. We need massive changes from the top down if we want to even have chance at any sort of success in the next decade. 

I'm just +++++ing disgusted right now. Even down by a goal with ten minutes, knowing full well that they were out of qualifying, they were just +++++ing around. +++++ing goddamned mother+++++ing pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

This doesn't bother me all that much.  I love the World Cup, but I will miss not having the Netherlands or Argentina (unless they rally in the final game) more than the USA.

Never mind, Argentina made it, but Chile stays home.  Chile and Wales are ranked in the top 15 in the world, but will not be at the World Cup.  Switzerland is ranked 7th in the world and they will have to win a playoff to get there.

33 minutes ago, retrofade said:

This is actually the worst US Soccer loss that I've ever witnessed. I feel like they just kicked me in the junk. 

I was in the stands in Lyon in 1998 when Iran beat the US 2-1.  Nothing could be worse than that one.

6 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I was in the stands in Lyon in 1998 when Iran beat the US 2-1.  Nothing could be worse than that one.

Yeah... but we were at least IN the World Cup for that game. I remember watching that game, and it felt like a gut shot. This feels like a kick in the balls.

If you can't get a result in T&T when you need one you don't deserve to go.

People can blast Arena all they want but he got us farther in '02 than ever before or since. The players on the field are responsible too. Our central defense has been shaky for years. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say