Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

SDSU vs BSU Big Game!!! Ur predicted Winner, who u will root for, and why???

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Don't use stats, it frightens and confuses Tecfan. (good analysis, btw).

The one that is very skewed for Boise is the ppg (at least, as a "defensive" number). The offense has given up 3 TDs... nothing the defense could do about that. On multiple other occasions the defense had a very short field because of a TO. They also gave up 16 points to Wazzu after regulation... something the defense wouldn't have had to do had the offense/special teams not gifted Wazzu 21 points. 

Yup

11 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Yup

It's interesting that this is the first conference game in a long, long time where Boise is the hunter and the opponent is the hunted. I don't know what that means on Saturday, but it'll be a new situation for everyone in the Boise locker room. 

Boise State will lose by 11+, probably by being worn down in the second half.

However, Boise State has beaten Troy (comfortably), shoulda-coulda-woulda beat a Top 10 team on the road vs. Washington State.  The Virginia loss, while embarrassing, was against a resurgent team with a good coach (that knows Boise State fairly well).  I was pleased with the improved play of the OL against BYU (but of course, I must take into consideration that it was "against BYU"!)

SDSU will more than likely win, but I'm pretty confident that at a few points in the game, Aztec fans will become very uncomfortable!  That's the best I got for this game as a fan of what I presume will be the losing team...   

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

It is funny how they all deny it but this is SDSU's superbowl every year.

As evidenced by a 10 page thread almost a week before the game is even played.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

80% of the posts on this thread are probably by non SDSU fans. 

It's no secret that the Aztecs will try to win Time of Possession, so Boise's ability to get the Aztecs into 3rd and long situations will be telling. One area of possible concern for the Aztecs is the Personal Fouls.  There have been a few plays where the Aztecs got worked up and don't walk away from a play when they should have.  Passion and intensity is good - but not when it backs you up 15 yards or gives the opponent a  first down.  Hopefully, the Aztecs have learned from their earlier transgressions.

I'm more impressed by Boise's close loss to Wazzu than their wins over Troy (yes, even if they beat LSU), UNM's 3rd string QB and a historically pathetic BYU team.  I just don't know how to measure Boise at this point - so this game appears to be a huge opportunity for both teams to define their season.

A couple of questions:

• Special teams play has also been a factor this year for the Aztecs, what's the overview of Boise's special teams?  Solid, average or meh?
  • Which game on this year's resume' is the real Boise State team - the one that took #8 Wazzu to 3OT or the one that shat upon the bedcovers against the 'Hoos?

There's no doubt that both sides will come in focused and ready for this game - so it should be worth the price of admission.  Can't wait for Saturday!

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

It is funny how they all deny it but this is SDSU's superbowl every year.

As evidenced by a 10 page thread almost a week before the game is even played.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

How can this be "SDSU's superbowl" every year when we haven't played each other since 2014 and the all-time record is 2-2?  Methinks the tBSUf is strong in this post.  

This is an important game for both teams - but from the Aztecs' standpoint it should be obvious that this is our last opportunity against a "brand name" opponent on the schedule and would be significant for national perception (MWC Championship game is still TBD).  A win in this game would go a long way in bolstering the Aztecs' case in the Scraps/Access Bowl conversation.

18 minutes ago, Monty93 said:

• Which game on this year's resume' is the real Boise State team - the one that took #8 Wazzu to 3OT or the one that shat upon the bedcovers against the 'Hoos?

That's the dilemma for my view of Boise State this year...I'm not really sure they "shat upon the bedcovers" vs. Virginia.  JMO, but I think Boise State's a young team with decent-to-good talent that played their "bad game" against a better-than-anticipated squad. 

If the offensive line play hadn't looked significantly better against BYU (again, "against BYU" might explain the improvement!), I'd say SDSU by 21+ which is still a definite possibility!

12 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

That's the dilemma for my view of Boise State this year...I'm not really sure they "shat upon the bedcovers" vs. Virginia.  JMO, but I think Boise State's a young team with decent-to-good talent that played their "bad game" against a better-than-anticipated squad. 

If the offensive line play hadn't looked significantly better against BYU (again, "against BYU" might explain the improvement!), I'd say SDSU by 21+ which is still a definite possibility!

Boise State's talent is what I'm most interested in.  They will be focused and ready - and have had an extra day to prepare for this game - so I don't expect them to roll over.  As Rocky has said, Boise's defensive scheme will look a lot like other schemes we've seen this year - but Boise State's players have more talent than some of the teams we've played. 

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Well I was being kind, BSU is everyone's superbowl in this conference.

You all know that a game with BSU is far and away the most important game on your schedule.

Do you mean a team that has been good for a decade is going to be a highlighted conference game, in a conference where most teams are ranked in the bottom quartile of college football?  I do not believe it!

Seems like SDSU is becoming a school BSU fans can't get enough of, hence a 10 page thread days before kickoff.  :banana:

33 minutes ago, Monty93 said:

It's no secret that the Aztecs will try to win Time of Possession, so Boise's ability to get the Aztecs into 3rd and long situations will be telling. One area of possible concern for the Aztecs is the Personal Fouls.  There have been a few plays where the Aztecs got worked up and don't walk away from a play when they should have.  Passion and intensity is good - but not when it backs you up 15 yards or gives the opponent a  first down.  Hopefully, the Aztecs have learned from their earlier transgressions.

I'm more impressed by Boise's close loss to Wazzu than their wins over Troy (yes, even if they beat LSU), UNM's 3rd string QB and a historically pathetic BYU team.  I just don't know how to measure Boise at this point - so this game appears to be a huge opportunity for both teams to define their season.

A couple of questions:

• Special teams play has also been a factor this year for the Aztecs, what's the overview of Boise's special teams?  Solid, average or meh?

There's no doubt that both sides will come in focused and ready for this game - so it should be worth the price of admission.  Can't wait for Saturday!

Special teams has been monumentally horrible under Harsin, but that is different this year. Avery Williams is 12th in the country in punt return avg (13.8), Ced Wilson is 19th in KO rtn avg (28.1) and Boise is one of 5 teams in the country to not miss a FG. They also haven't given up a return for a TD yet this year, either. ST has been a pleasant surprise this year.

As to which is the real Boise team. They have held 4 teams to under they averages in points and yardage (in regulation) and then one got more in both. Take that for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, DarksideReturns said:

On average, Boise's defense is holding teams 75 yards under the opponents season avg.  That's pretty good.  SDSU is holding teams 111 yards under their season average.  That is noticeably better.

For a guy who doesn't like stats you sure do like stats

22 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Well I was being kind, BSU is everyone's superbowl in this conference.

You all know that a game with BSU is far and away the most important game on your schedule.

I'm not all that assured that the Aztecs will beat BSU, but the most important game this year was Stanford. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

13 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Do you mean a team that has been good for a decade is going to be a highlighted conference game, in a conference where most teams are ranked in the bottom quartile of college football?  I do not believe it!

Seems like SDSU is becoming a school BSU fans can't get enough of, hence a 10 page thread days before kickoff.  :banana:

Nice try.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

15 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I'm not all that assured that the Aztecs will beat BSU, but the most important game this year was Stanford. 

Don't tell them that, they still think they're super important. 

Meanwhile I'm about 90% sure they miss the CCG again.