Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

SI Bowl Prediction: Idaho v. BSU

SI's crystal ball suggests this possible scenario (assuming both teams are bowl-eligible):

Arizona Bowl, Tucson, Ariz. (5:30 p.m., CBSSN)
Sun Belt vs. MWC
Idaho vs. Boise State

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/10/03/bowl-projections-schedule-playoff-predictions-rankings

Would the TBSUF contingent and Kustra have the balls to face the Vandals for an epic last battle?  My money says they puss out.  The BSU/Kustra ego is way too fragile this year.  They're already losing their shit, but this would put them over the edge.

17 minutes ago, Bluebronc said:

You know VP.  I would hope that BSU has the integrity to play this game if it comes to fruition.

Honestly, under the right circumstances, I think it would be great for both programs. 

Wait, what has Kustra said about Football this year that sounds like he is losing his shit?

I don't think I have heard a peep from him. He is all about the Fine Arts Center the last year and a half. I don't think he is paying much attention to Athletics at all.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

7 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Honestly, under the right circumstances, I think it would be great for both programs. 

I would not disagree, in some ways I really miss the good old Big Sky days.  Though, instead of rooting for BSU, I would have been pulling for Montana

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Wait, what has Kustra said about Football this year that sounds like he is losing his shit?

I don't think I have heard a peep from him. He is all about the Fine Arts Center the last year and a half. I don't think he is paying much attention to Athletics at all.

My comment was aimed more at the chicken littles on BC.  I think Kustra is paying attention, he just hasn't found anything he wants credit for yet.

43 minutes ago, Bluebronc said:

I would not disagree, in some ways I really miss the good old Big Sky days.  Though, instead of rooting for BSU, I would have been pulling for Montana

With the exception of Montana, the only good thing about the Big Sky for me is its former members.  There was a fun group of schools there.  Same thing with the WAC.  It seemed like it was more about football rather than infighting whenever ESPN farted out a couple quarters. 

Plus, the WAC played a very fun style of football - the conference was known for being really pass-happy and had some great offenses.  Obviously BSU had a very rounded offense, but Hawaii also had a pretty epic run, Fresno was great, Nevada was always in the mix, we had some fun games against USU, SJSU had a couple good seasons, etc. 

Now it's the MWC, but we're not in the conference so . . . back to the Big Sky. 

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

SI's crystal ball suggests this possible scenario (assuming both teams are bowl-eligible):

Arizona Bowl, Tucson, Ariz. (5:30 p.m., CBSSN)
Sun Belt vs. MWC
Idaho vs. Boise State

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/10/03/bowl-projections-schedule-playoff-predictions-rankings

Would the TBSUF contingent and Kustra have the balls to face the Vandals for an epic last battle?  My money says they puss out.  The BSU/Kustra ego is way too fragile this year.  They're already losing their shit, but this would put them over the edge.

Ugggg  The Potato Bowl....boooo

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If the Zona Bowl was Idaho against Boise, I might actually watch it.

I'd probably go.  Last year FBS, playing the JC from down south, warm weather, good mexican food.  It has it all...

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

You should be a fan.  We bitch slapped your rival at that bowl.  We took their sheep too.

Thank you, but the frozen tundra is my beef about this bowl game.  I need sunshine in December :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Thank you, but the frozen tundra is my beef about this bowl game.  I need sunshine in December :)

Estadio Caliente Bowl it is!  Hosted by SDSU out of love for their MWC conference affiliation.  Sun & sand. Tijuana is a family destination...

22 hours ago, Boisestate78 said:

I'd pregame with VP97

No, you would get fukked up with VP97 before the game, go watch the game, wake up next to a mysterious skank and find a "Go Vandals" tattoo on your forehead when you looked in the mirror.

That or we'd drink beer and talk shit...