Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just_chris

Shooters at Mandalay Bay

LVMPD‏Verified account @LVMPD 4m4 minutes ago

If you would like to donate blood for the injured victims of the Strip shooting visit the Labor Health & Welfare Clinic, 7135 W. Sahara.

David Schuman‏ @david_schuman 25m25 minutes ago

LOOK: parking lot of blood donation center on Charleston is full. At 3:48am. #Vegas is strong and compasionate. @BethFisherTV @ktnv

May not be the right time for this but I don't give a shit. People that shit on cops need to really think about what they say. Yeah there are bad cops and I stand with you against them. But a bunch of brave cops breached a room where they knew they were facing at least one man with an automatic weapon killing innocent people and waxed him. Knowing they may take casualties to stop it but that they had no choice but to enter that room. God bless you guys in Metro! 

6 minutes ago, Boisestate78 said:

found out a couple hours ago that a co worker and friend was shot twice at the concert. She's alive and in surgery at UMC but I can't wrap my head around this. Sick to my stomach. Very proud of metro for taking down the shooter before he could use all his ammo, they saved a lot of lives.  Las Vegas Metro is an amazing department filled with heroes. 

I am so so sorry to hear this, with over 50 dead there is a chance some of us will know someone who has been effected by this. 

I can't even explain how horrible I feel right now..... I'm just devastated 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

41 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

May not be the right time for this but I don't give a shit. People that shit on cops need to really think about what they say. Yeah there are bad cops and I stand with you against them. But a bunch of brave cops breached a room where they knew they were facing at least one man with an automatic weapon killing innocent people and waxed him. Knowing they may take casualties to stop it but that they had no choice but to enter that room. God bless you guys in Metro! 

and they were pretty fast..were they not so well prepared for this there would have been many more lives lost.

One thing in a night that was horrible that made me proud was people helping strangers. Watching videos on Twitter seeing people being loaded into strangers trucks to be driven to hospitals, strangers treating wounded, strangers carrying people out of the venue to get them help. People doing the right thing because it had to be done. That gives me hope all is not lost in the country.  

12 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

One thing in a night that was horrible that made me proud was people helping strangers. Watching videos on Twitter seeing people being loaded into strangers trucks to be driven to hospitals, strangers treating wounded, strangers carrying people out of the venue to get them help. People doing the right thing because it had to be done. That gives me hope all is not lost in the country.  

Nothing is ever lost in this country, except perspective. And even then, it's only temporary.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Series of tweets from local reporter in Mesquite

Lucas Thomas‏ @LucasThomas14

#BREAKING: Law enforcement in #Mesquite have area near alleged shooter's home blocked off. Headed to press briefing now. #LasVegasShooting

PIO Quinn Averett for #Mesquite police tells me they had no prior run-ins w/alleged shooter #LasVegasShooting

Averett said they sent officers to alleged shooter's home as soon as he was identified by #LVMPD #LasVegasShooting

Las Vegas Metro will be investigating scene in #Mesquite. Local law enforcement assisting, Averett said. #LasVegasShooting

Paddock lived in a retirement community in #Mesquite called "Sun City". Averett confirms Marilou Danley lived with Paddock #LasVegasShooting

Danley, like Paddock, never had any run ins with police in #Mesquite, Averett said. "Too early to speculate" as to motives #LasVegasShooting

Jesus Christ, what a helluva thing to wake up and see this morning. 

What the hell has to break inside of someone for them to want to murder someone, let alone dozens of strangers. I... I just don't get it, I don't understand. This is the very definition of evil. +++++, over 50 people dead, more than 200 injured? 

Words fail me.

One of the people on the local news said he had over 200 fully loaded magazines, 2 shooting platforms, cameras, 8 rifles and a corner suite so he could shoot out of multiple windows 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

I just read that there were like 31,000 people at this concert. If that's accurate, then for as tragic and horrific that this is, it could have easily been a whole helluva lot worse. 

Just reading all this myself. Horrid. I'm reading through this thread and checking the news and my wife calls me from work: Co-worker--"Thank God it happened at a country music festival, 50 less Trump supporting idiots who can't vote for him." My wife hadn't seen the news yet. She asks what happened and got the story. And my wife is a high school teacher.

That right there is what is wrong with this country. Yeah, there's violence, there's crime, there are issues that have gone on for as long as people have assembled in communities, but what has taken us all down a frightful path is this the rancor and bile that is being spewed from both sides of the political aisle that has divided this country worse than it has ever seen. Just go read the comments section on Huffington Post or Fox News or MSNBC and wonder at how people got to the point where they are joyful over the death of someone who has a different political view than they do. 

Terribly sad.