Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Will BSU get a special arrangement in the next tv deal?

17 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Damn, you're so fukking illiterate.  Can you at least try to string together a coherent sentence for once?

It may not be his fault. The man's an example of what decades of inhalation of toxic fumes can do to a human brain.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, k5james said:

Independence looks like a more viable option everyday.

I just don't see it with the BYU mess. Now if BYU was successful I could believe it. Also, great teams such as Miami, Penn St, etc are no longer independent. I think the days of ND being indy is done too.

11 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Could be but that's only one program.  Maybe CSU steps up.  Nobody else in this league is going to draw the eyeballs your typical Boise game would in those time slots, though.  I think SDSU is leaving.

Unlike so many others here, you don't see me criticizing BYU for leaving. I'm not convinced you're better off in any way except TV revenue but IMO you sure haven't been any worse off because of having left. (The problem with your football program is having hired a mediocre coach whose staff can't recruit very well nor put together quality game plans. That will change once Sitake is shown the door in a couple years.)

Among the reasons I have zero respect for Craig Thompson is that he adamantly opposed BYU getting anything but the same TV deal as everybody else in the MWC and then four years later put together a deal to do exactly that for Boise. What an effing joke that was and is. Most of the members of the MWC will be forced to continue to put up with that "in perpetuity" but not SDSU. Considering how Thompson kowtowed down to Boise for football, I can see him doing the same for SDSU basketball or maybe both SDSU hoops and football in order to keep us in. That plus absence of an offer to join a realigned B12 are the only way I see us continuing to be part of this mess beyond 2025.

Boom goes the dynamite.

The Mountain West has adjusted the distribution of revenue in such a way that retains Boise's current higher minimum guarantee but is more equitable.  http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/bronco-beat-blog/article142935634.html  Basically Boise gets 1.8 million before everyone else then the remainder is divided ten ways (est $1.1 million for 2016)  Keep in mind Hawaii also has a special TV deal too that is separate.

Boise's agreement with ESPN was negotiated during the period where they intended to join the Big East along with SDSU.  You can download the terms of the agreement of the Broncos's readmission to the mountain west here http://www.usufans.com/Forums/download/file.php?id=1724  

The readmission agreement with Boise amended the by laws so that the novel bonus system Boise negotiated would not conflict with the leagues by laws by extending the bonus structure to apply to everyone.  Also, provision 5 (e) is what allowed SDSU to rejoin the Mountain West as well.

The attempt to join the Big East had a particularly high cost on SDSU because they didn't to negotiate their rights with ESPN like Boise did and they weren't included in the negotiations with CBS.  It's counter factual to attribute this to Thompson rather than Kustra, Aresco and Hirschman because Thompson was not in the room with ESPN regarding Boise and SDSU's TV rights at the time.

I sympathize with the frustration that Aztec fans must have caused by CBS is regularly SDSU's revenue from their Fox RSN deal (which could have been made at the same time Boise made their deal with ESPN but was not).

45 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

The attempt to join the Big East had a particularly high cost on SDSU because they didn't to negotiate their rights with ESPN like Boise did and they weren't included in the negotiations with CBS.  It's counter factual to attribute this to Thompson rather than Kustra, Aresco and Hirschman because Thompson was not in the room with ESPN regarding Boise and SDSU's TV rights at the time.

I sympathize with the frustration that Aztec fans must have caused by CBS is regularly SDSU's revenue from their Fox RSN deal (which could have been made at the same time Boise made their deal with ESPN but was not).

If by "Hirschman" you mean SDSU's former president, he wasn't involved in any of that. Nor was SDSU's then AD, Jim Sterk. Nor was Mike Aresco except to the extent he was at the forefront of one of the dumbest decisions any conference ever made: inviting Tulane to join what at the time was commonly being called the New Big East. Although AAC honks will never admit it, letting Tulane in was the straw which broke the camel's back as far as the C7 were concerned and in concert with the addition of the Green Wave that was what motivated Kustra to consider remaining in the MWC.

On a 10 scale, as conference commissioners Thompson and Aresco both rate about a 2. The power conferences rejoice in having such morons to contend with.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

What? 

This is a dumb argument and can't believe i am replying...but there are many many lawyers with extensive chemistry/physics/math backgrounds.  Personally, I found the bar exam a bit easier than partial differential equations and P-Chem.  I have a hard time believing that someone with your sentence structure actually took a college level science course.

What is dumb is someone responding by pointing out a lawyer could have took a chemistry class and thus could have had an education.   You just admitted a law degree doesn't confer one you are so fucking stupid.      Nothing dumber than a lawyer.   HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Unlike so many others here, you don't see me criticizing BYU for leaving. I'm not convinced you're better off in any way except TV revenue but IMO you sure haven't been any worse off because of having left. (The problem with your football program is having hired a mediocre coach whose staff can't recruit very well nor put together quality game plans. That will change once Sitake is shown the door in a couple years.)

Among the reasons I have zero respect for Craig Thompson is that he adamantly opposed BYU getting anything but the same TV deal as everybody else in the MWC and then four years later put together a deal to do exactly that for Boise. What an effing joke that was and is. Most of the members of the MWC will be forced to continue to put up with that "in perpetuity" but not SDSU. Considering how Thompson kowtowed down to Boise for football, I can see him doing the same for SDSU basketball or maybe both SDSU hoops and football in order to keep us in. That plus absence of an offer to join a realigned B12 are the only way I see us continuing to be part of this mess beyond 2025.

I mean, one down year doesn't change that it's probably the right decision.  I do miss playing for a conference title, but I'm not sure in the big scheme it means anything.  The media has their narrative of who the best G5 team is every year, and if that teams pulls through then that's who will get the big game, everyone else's performance be damned.  Sitake has a ton of players that are talented who are sitting this year out due to transfer rules and things.  They had a good year last year.  I don't think it's a long term problem with BYU, despite the narrative of some here.

I just get tired of people acting like "Well, BYU will demand this or that too."  The actual truth is that BYU probably would come in and demand it's equal accross the board.  BYU had an equal share like everyone else here when they were here and they were a good partner.  By the time they left, they were tired of people not going to bat for them regarding the TV situation with Comcast, as well as the handling of third tier rights, so they had soured on that setup and when other teams left, they did as well.  Craig Thompson's handling of Boise is nothing short of ridiculous.  They weren't going anywhere when they came back.  They didn't have a soft landing elsewhere.  This was their only place, so he was negotiating against himself.

I don't get why some here were so up in arms about BYU having a special deal, and then were ok a year later with Boise having their own special deal, even when BYU never asked for a special deal with regards to football revenue.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

It may not be his fault. The man's an example of what decades of inhalation of toxic fumes can do to a human brain.

Good point.  He does act like he's huffing glue most of the time...

23 hours ago, thedude15 said:

We have 2.5 years left in the current deal.

What would it take for BSU to not get special treatment. Or conversely say SDSU wins the MW this year and at least stays towards the top for the next two years. Why wont they then ask for special treatment on the next tv deal?

Honestly this is why it is bad for special treatment unless you have a top 15 programs on your hands. BYU would surely ask for special treatment and any team that has a good five year run (SDSU is on year 3 of a good run) will ask for it. And then what is Nevada or Utah State or Wyoming or whoever has a good five year run and wants special treatment in the following tv deal.

Dude....you can't even have a conversation about Boise State and the MWC without bringing BYU into it?

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

What is dumb is someone responding by pointing out a lawyer could have took a chemistry class and thus could have had an education.   You just admitted a law degree doesn't confer one you are so fucking stupid.      

You need help with your writing.

Unless you purposely come across as illiterate and crazy...

If that is your goal...  you've nailed it.

Especially with your Ha Ha Ha chit...

Totally stupid and illiterate...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

26 minutes ago, DesVandal said:

You need help with your writing.

Unless you purposely come across as illiterate and crazy...

If that is your goal...  you've nailed it.

Especially with your Ha Ha Ha chit...

Totally stupid and illiterate...

Why would I care what an uneducated idiot like you thinks of my writing ability.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

If everyone in the world had your education you would all starve to death.  You haven't the mental capacity to feed yourself let alone find anything more complicated than a cave to live in.   You are an uneducated idiot.   HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

A leach on society.

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Why would I care what an uneducated idiot like you thinks of my writing ability.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

If everyone in the world had your education you would all starve to death.  You haven't the mental capacity to feed yourself let alone find anything more complicated than a cave to live in.   You are an uneducated idiot.   HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

A leach on society.

Ha ha ha ha!  HA ha ha!

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

4 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

A leach on society.

Left handed or right handed?

On 10/1/2017 at 4:58 PM, Jeffkills said:

Astute observation, however, many individuals can't lay claim to such a lineage.

My own genome carries a direct lineage from this guy: 

Alvarado.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_de_Alvarado

..."Although renowned for his skill as a soldier, Alvarado is known also for the cruelty of his treatment of native populations, and mass murders committed in the subjugation of the native peoples of Mexico."...

- -

..."Alvarado was a cavalier of high family, gallant and chivalrous, and [Cortes'] warm personal friend. He had talents for action, was possessed of firmness and intrepidity, while his frank and dazzling manners made the Tonatiuh an especial favourite with the Mexicans. But, underneath this showy exterior, the future conqueror of Guatemala concealed a heart rash, rapacious, and cruel. He was altogether destitute of that moderation, which, in the delicate position he occupied, was a quality of more worth than all the rest."

— William H. Prescott 1922, History of the Conquest of Mexico: Book 4, Chapter 8, p. 54.

Viejo Barba Roja old red beard yep. Are you a Californio?  My best friend of mine is one of the early California Alvarado's a  direct descendent of  Juan Batista de Alvarado the California Governor his family owned much of San Diego county. I am a  genealogist, in the US over two million people can claim and verify ancestors of Royal blood.(BFD) I am more interested in the scoundrels myself . More than a few Texas shootists in my family. Because of recombinant DNA we do not inherit much form distant ancestors except if they had a high degree of endogamy.

https://dna-explained.com/2017/06/27/ancestral-dna-percentages-how-much-of-them-is-in-you/

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:01 AM, fanhood said:

There shouldn't be anything "politically incorrect" about Robert E. Lee. However, sadly, people are stupid. 

Contractually, Boise is supposed to get their special deal. I am not educated enough on the topic to know if this can be changed.

Boise has ZERO leverage anymore to pull unequal revenue distribution.

They got nowhere else to go. 

oNoFkb.gif

ysOR4zJ.gif

31 minutes ago, Gabe H. Cuod said:

Boise has ZERO leverage anymore to pull unequal revenue distribution.

They got nowhere else to go. 

Take a break Stunner. This sock doesn't work.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 10/2/2017 at 1:20 PM, Bruininthebay said:

The attempt to join the Big East had a particularly high cost on SDSU because they didn't to negotiate their rights with ESPN like Boise did and they weren't included in the negotiations with CBS.  

They didn't negotiate their rights with espn because espn doesn't give a shit about suds.  Suds and every other school in this league is lucky to get what they get because bsu came back. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."