Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

New UNLV Basketball Uniforms

2 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Welcome to the new world of sharing a stadium with the Raiders. Black has basically become the primary color since Sanchez arrived. I hate it. Scarlet and gray, everyday, is literally a slogan for the school's athletics for +++++'s sake. 

When I think or Augmon, Larry Johnson, Anderson Hunt, etc.,  I think scarlet and gray. 

5 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Welcome to the new world of sharing a stadium with the Raiders. Black has basically become the primary color since Sanchez arrived. I hate it. Scarlet and gray, everyday, is literally a slogan for the school's athletics for +++++'s sake. 

May seem that way but not true. Go back and take a look. They have wore all black I think twice and combo of scarlet jersey and black pants. I don’t think Rebs even unveiled black helmet until last year. 

2 hours ago, godogsgo said:

exactly.  but Las Vegas can top that:

il_570xN.1210726331_jkxd.jpg

Vegas claims to be the birthplace of the "blacklight".  But really, it was invented by a Sylvania bulb engineer from Williamsport, PA in his garage, and he named it the "purple light". But before he could get it patent registered and get it marketed, the mob ripped off his design and marketed it as the "blacklight" for no other reason than they are fvcking stupid. But because they promoted and used it as the "blacklight", that name stuck. And there you have it, another example of Vegas producing something shady that America was more than happy to embrace. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

May seem that way but not true. Go back and take a look. They have wore all black I think twice and combo of scarlet jersey and black pants. I don’t think Rebs even unveiled black helmet until last year. 

Listen, I don't mean to sound like a jerk and I apologize for it coming off that way, but you basically just admitted that black has become way more important since Sanchez's arrival. Sanchez arrived, and three years later, we now have a black helmet, black pants and black jerseys, and a logo that has more black than red in it (without including the lettering). Black was a secondary color, with scarlet and gray being the clear primary colors, but now it has taken prominence in just about every piece of apparel and new logo/uniform that it didn't previously have outside of a select few pieces of black, like the aforementioned black basketball jersey of olden times. Unless you think I meant the second Sanchez arrived everything went to black or something, because I was simply using his arrival as the start of it.  

Edit: And this is coming from someone who actually used to like the black, my first UNLV hat was black, most of my gear was in black (except for this blue UNLV hoodie that I got my freshman year). 

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I think SDSU has better bigs than UNLV..I don't think you match up well with them..

i think sdsu could very well finish ahead of the rebs in the mw, but it won't be because of their bigs..and i'm not talking just mccoy.

McCoy is  player but he is also a freshman.  The other bigs haven't played much.  Juiston is buff but he is 6'7.  SDSU has Senior bigs who have played a lot of basketball in their college careers..

UNLV is on the rise but it's a very young team.  

11 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

McCoy is  player but he is also a freshman.  The other bigs haven't played much.  Juiston is buff but he is 6'7.  SDSU has Senior bigs who have played a lot of basketball in their college careers..

UNLV is on the rise but it's a very young team.  

Cameron Rooks is no better than Valentine Izundu.  Nolan Narain has gotten almost no run.  McDaniels is a redshirt freshman. Malik Pope is an underachiever.  Hoetzel is just a three point shooter.  Not sure who else I'm missing.  Juiston will be better than those three.  There's a reason why Kansas was recruiting him hard until the Lawson brothers committed.  So will McCoy, who is very polished despite being 19 years old.  Dembele is, by all accounts, vastly improved.  Menzies said he would quit if Dembele didn't make the NBA.  Diong could very well get some run.  Rick Pitino and his whole staff went to some of his games.  They wanted him to reclassify to 2018, and he wasn't down for that.