fanhood

Long may they reign

1 minute ago, cgzpack said:

Agree, Norvell appears to have a good handle on things. And as a bonus we don't have to see our head coach screaming in ref's faces on the sidelines throughout every game. Besides Solano, anyone of significance you know of who could vie for QB next year?

Carson Strong 

• Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I’m actually very excited.  Norvell has the team heading in the right direction.  You could see that last year in the second half of the season and that’s carried over to this year.  We will probably take a step back next year as we are replacing a QB but I have faith in Norvell and his ability to find the right guy for the team. 

I anticipate that too. You guys lose a lot of key players, but the recruiting seems to be on a pretty big uptick, so it shouldn't take long. 

Just now, kingpotato said:

I anticipate that too. You guys lose a lot of key players, but the recruiting seems to be on a pretty big uptick, so it shouldn't take long. 

We lose quite a bit on defense.  On offense, if we can find the right QB they should keep rolling.  Defense is a different story.  

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

We lose quite a bit on defense.  On offense, if we can find the right QB they should keep rolling.  Defense is a different story.  

Gangi is a big one. Especially when the backup struggled so much in his one game and the spacepack struggled offensively until they settled on Gangi. They also lose 3 of 5 on the OL. Boise did that last year and they were eaten alive for half of the season. 

Defense is the biggest reason for their improvement this year and they lose some really key guys there. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Gangi is a big one. Especially when the backup struggled so much in his one game and the spacepack struggled offensively until they settled on Gangi. They also lose 3 of 5 on the OL. Boise did that last year and they were eaten alive for half of the season. 

Defense is the biggest reason for their improvement this year and they lose some really key guys there. 

Agreed on Gangi. I wouldn’t read too much into the Fresno game.  I don’t think that guy will be the starter next season.  

We've had offensive line issues the last few years so we’re used to that.  The guy listed as the RG played center a few games due to injury so his backup got a lot of real game experience.   Center is my real concern for next season. 

If we can hang onto Casteel I think we will be ok defensively but it may take a couple of games for those new guys to get into the groove of things. 

As far as offense I think QB is the only question.

Receiving core is young and will get better as the top 5 receivers we use are all coming back. 

Same with the running backs, they are young and will get better.

The O line was meh this year and I think it's a wash as to whether it will effect the offense as a whole by losing a couple.

So that leaves QB. I don't have much faith in Selano. For being a junior he showed no poise and horrible decision making against Fresno State. He seemed completely overwhelmed by the pressure if game situations as well the physical pressure from the defense. I also question his arm strength. To be fair though, maybe it was all just first start jitters and he needs more games under his belt. I think Carson Strong is one to look at seriously.

The defense was pretty good this year, and some key seniors are leaving. This side of the football will be a much bigger question next year.

15 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Bumping this thread as a courtesy so that @fanhood, @Spaztecs, @k5james, @SDSUfan, and @AztecSU don’t need to start another one. 

Why the eff would we need to restart a thread that has been dead for over two years ?

I joined this board long after this thread died a deserving death.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/18/2018 at 11:24 AM, sactowndog said:

Actually I think Rocky is Tedford’s bitch.   Jeff just knows what adjustments to make to beat this team.   It’s now getting in the players heads where they expect to lose.  

Wow, this one was rich. Great ending to this story.

Just now, Spaztecs said:

Why the eff would we need to restart a thread that has been dead for over two years ?

I joined this board long after this thread died a deserving death.

Wow — this is the thanks I get for saving you all some effort? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

You must be bored if you digging up threads that are two years old.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

You must be bored if you digging up threes that are two years old.

At least fanhood is appreciative. 

2 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Wow, this one was rich. Great ending to this story.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg