fanhood

Long may they reign

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

I actually feel bad for many of you. Your best team loses, and you are satisfied by that? I guess that makes sense.

We go 10-3, and have our entire O-line coming back next year, plus the majority of the two-deep. Long may the reign. It only is getting better.

Sad loss though. Especially when it RB scored everytime he touched the ball.

Wait... SUDS is the best team in the MWC?

Boise went 11-3, beat you, won the conference, and won their bowl game. 

Fresno is 9-4 with a chance to be 10-4 today, beat you, and narrowly lost the championship game.

I'd say that the three of us are the class of the conference in football, but I wouldn't say that y'all are the best team in the conference... and I don't think anyone in their right mind would make that claim. :P 

Oh, and we have the majority of our two-deep coming back next year, including our three headed monster at RB, our starting QB, 3/5 of our O-Line, almost all of our front seven, and our entire starting secondary.  So it's not like you're the only ones bringing talent back next year. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fanhood said:

I actually feel bad for many of you. Your best team loses, and you are satisfied by that? I guess that makes sense.

We go 10-3, and have our entire O-line coming back next year, plus the majority of the two-deep. Long may the reign. It only is getting better.

Sad loss though. Especially when it RB scored everytime he touched the ball.

So, you're going to double down?  Good call.  In what world are you living that SDSU was the best team this year?

Hell, you sound like a BYU fan on Cougarboard.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

So, you're going to double down?  Good call.

Hell, you sound like a BYU fan on Cougarboard.

Hahaha — I messaged a few folks about him doubling down on this.

• Like 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

Wait... SUDS is the best team in the MWC?

Boise went 11-3, beat you, won the conference, and won their bowl game. 

Fresno is 9-4 with a chance to be 10-4 today, beat you, and narrowly lost the championship game.

I'd say that the three of us are the class of the conference in football, but I wouldn't say that y'all are the best team in the conference... and I don't think anyone in their right mind would make that claim. :P 

Oh, and we have the majority of our two-deep coming back next year, including our three headed monster at RB, our starting QB, 3/5 of our O-Line, almost all of our front seven, and our entire starting secondary.  So it's not like you're the only ones bringing talent back next year. 

Sure, top to bottom over the past three years, I think we could make that argument. Clearly, BsU and Fresno were better this year, as they won. But any rational person would know I was talking about programs. And yes, I think SDSU is the top program in the MW. Is that an insane comment?

look, I am happy for FSU. A good FSU is good for SDSU. We need the rivalry. I hope you guys are good again next year.

• Facepalm 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

9 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Sure, top to bottom over the past three years, I think we could make that argument. Clearly, BsU and Fresno were better this year, as they won. But any rational person would know I was talking about programs. And yes, I think SDSU is the top program in the MW. Is that an insane comment?

look, I am happy for FSU. A good FSU is good for SDSU. We need the rivalry. I hope you guys are good again next year.

Yes.  Ask football fans to name a team in the MWC and Boise will be the first one every time, in fact likely the only one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes.  Ask football fans to name a team in the MWC and Boise will be the first one every time, in fact likely the only one.

Ha. But I am not asking uneducated MW neophytes that are foolish, and think a team that has won only one championship in four years. I'm asking those that should be educated.

7 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Ha. But I am not asking uneducated MW neophytes that are foolish, and think a team that has won only one championship in four years. I'm asking those that should be educated.

One in four years?  Do you suck as bad at math as you do on predictions?

In the last 4 years we have two MWC championships and a Fiesta Bowl win. 3-1 in bowl games total.

#educated

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Please...the only reason SDSU won the conference two years in a row is because Fresno was uncharacteristically down those years, the West was terrible, and you didn't have to play Boise either year. Everyone knows where SDSU falls in the pecking order around here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

Please...the only reason SDSU won the conference two years in a row is because Fresno was uncharacteristically down those years, the West was terrible, and you didn't have to play Boise either year. Everyone knows where SDSU falls in the pecking order around here.

Yeah, SDSU has been blown out at home 3 of their last 5 home games. You're not the team to beat when you are consistently getting boat raced at home. 

On 10/22/2017 at 4:52 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

To fess up, I stopped posting on AztecMess to some degree because I was beginning to be hated there. That's 'cause I always aspire to objectivty and the great majority of posters there are either Suzie Sunshines or Debbie Downers and never the twain shall meet.

Over there those who have a high ceiling get ridiculed and outnumbered by those with a low ceiling.  Simpletons.

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

TSDSU fans outing themselves here. Long may they reign. 

Don't overgeneralize. As you might notice, I never bought into what the OP said here nor what the other Aztec said on his thread about Chapman.

• Like 3

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'd say that they'd mention both of us... but not SUDS. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Don't overgeneralize. As you might notice, I never bought into what the OP said here nor what the other Aztec said on his thread about Chapman.

You might struggle with geography (I am such a douche) but you have always been one of the better posters on the sports forum.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You might struggle with geography (I am such a douche) but you have always been one of the better posters on the sports forum.

Agreed there. @SleepingGiantsFan Has the humility to admit when he’s been wrong about things. That’s a rare quality in life and especially in sports forums. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

Agreed there. @SleepingGiantsFan Has the humility to admit when he’s been wrong about things. That’s a rare quality in life and especially in sports forums. 

I wouldn't know if that is hard or not.  I am never wrong.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 6:57 AM, fanhood said:

After winning two straight conference championships, and going 16-2 in the conference, I figured that people here would be able to acknowledge that San Diego State is the premier program in this conference. However, some people refuse to acknowledge that fact, point to the Mountain Division, say we have not won a big game etc. Well, our record against the "SEC Mountain" is just as good as it is against the "West," we now have three straight wins against Pac 12 opponents, and are truly the only program that is still on the rise. The strange thing is, we are very very young, and our best days are in front of us.

I really like this conference. It needs to get better. We have raised the bar, and you all need to follow suit. But for now, I think you all need to kneel and kiss the ring. Enjoy your Sunday. 

West is on the line this Saturday. Show your dominance, big guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg