fanhood

Long may they reign

29 minutes ago, HighNTight_SD said:

TBH ... part of me is gratified when a few of the Aztec Faithful post their over the top musings about our place in the conference and our positive development as a program. If not for the "cautious optimism" that comes with being a San Diego Sports fan, more of us would be like them.

Another part of me is embarrassed by the over-the-top, jimmie rustlin' nature of their posts. It's good to know that most of you recognize that they are a small, albeit vocal minority of our fans.

I may not be as "fanatical" as they are, but they do make salient points from time to time -- often lost in that cloak of TSDSUF style.

Until we are counted among the giants (P5), I'll take being the tallest midget.

I hear ya...But here is what I think on this controversial topic (every team board and every teams fans go thru it)...

I don't think fans should be over board on their comments nor do I think they should play it down.  

I think fans should just be honest in their postings.   While Fanhoods OP seems to stick it to the MWC board fans a little...his post is actually very accurate and he truly believes it.  I truly believe his post.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

58 minutes ago, StAz said:

SDSU fan...Are you one of those guys who thinks a Fanhood could "jinx" the team?  Ha

No. I'm one of those " show some class" guys. I'm also one of those "wait until you've actually accomplished something if you must spout off" guys.

It was a nice program win. Everybody here acknowledges that.

We are right now the best team in the conference, also acknowledged.

Best just to STFU and see how we play at altitude with very young lines against a very different style and the cheap shot cut blocking AF squad.

• Like 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

59 minutes ago, TopLobo said:

No one really cares about SDSU on a national level until you do something similar to what the Utes did. Hell, no one even gave a sh*t about Utah after they beat overrated Pittsburgh. It took them beating an uninterested Alabama for people to take notice, and people took notice because it was Alabama in a BCS game. Beating AAC teams in bowls and mediocre Pac-12 teams in the regular season isn't going to make the Aztecs some national powerhouse. If you want recognition you actually have to step up and beat an elite power team in a huge bowl. The establishment still considers SDSU irrelevant, that is if they even consider you at all. You're pretty much invisible. 

But hey, enjoy that third MWC championship. 

How can we?  Last I heard they got rid of the BCS and there's no way we would have a chance of playing in the playoffs.  It's Access Bowl or nothing.  As for now, kicking your ass is expected and it's no fun anymore.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TopLobo said:

No one really cares about SDSU on a national level until you do something similar to what the Utes did. Hell, no one even gave a sh*t about Utah after they beat overrated Pittsburgh. It took them beating an uninterested Alabama for people to take notice, and people took notice because it was Alabama in a BCS game. Beating AAC teams in bowls and mediocre Pac-12 teams in the regular season isn't going to make the Aztecs some national powerhouse. If you want recognition you actually have to step up and beat an elite power team in a huge bowl. The establishment still considers SDSU irrelevant, that is if they even consider you at all. You're pretty much invisible. 

But hey, enjoy that third MWC championship. 

Oh we will.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, fanhood said:

After winning two straight conference championships, and going 16-2 in the conference, I figured that people here would be able to acknowledge that San Diego State is the premier program in this conference. However, some people refuse to acknowledge that fact, point to the Mountain Division, say we have not won a big game etc. Well, our record against the "SEC Mountain" is just as good as it is against the "West," we now have three straight wins against Pac 12 opponents, and are truly the only program that is still on the rise. The strange thing is, we are very very young, and our best days are in front of us.

I really like this conference. It needs to get better. We have raised the bar, and you all need to follow suit. But for now, I think you all need to kneel and kiss the ring. Enjoy your Sunday. 

:stop: Fake SDSU fan post  :police:  No self respecting SDSU fan openly admits to liking the MWC in any form. :foottap:

Real SDSU fans would DEMAND that the Aztecs be freed from the MWC so they can rightfully take their place alongside Alabama & Ohio State as one of America's premiere college football programs :rock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

No. I'm one of those " show some class" guys. I'm also one of those "wait until you've actually accomplished something if you must spout off" guys.

Best just to STFU and see how we play at altitude with very young lines against a very different style and the cheap shot cut blocking AF squad.

I get it how you feel.

But IMO this is a program changing win. For this year...For recruiting...We are young and will continue to rise.

It is the truth...and while I understand what you think, I don't think it is spouting off.

Hell, I saw Aztec Basketball go from 20 wins, to 25 wins, to 30 wins...And some fans were saying the entire way..."We aren't that good".  Bullshit, we were that good.

• Facepalm 1

Yes we are the best team as of today. WE are beatable all teams in this league can loose to one another if breaks go against them. WE can throw the ball better than you have seen against Stanford and ASU who have  great dbs. WE have four really good tight ends as well. Juwan is very fast but his is not Penny which means we just throw more to the tight ends and wr's.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

SUDS is our lord and master.   We bow at the alter of your worshipness.

I did not know Marse Robert got as far as Ia Idaho.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

46 minutes ago, steveem said:

Yes we are the best team as of today. WE are beatable all teams in this league can loose to one another if breaks go against them. WE can throw the ball better than you have seen against Stanford and ASU who have  great dbs. WE have four really good tight ends as well. Juwan is very fast but his is not Penny which means we just throw more to the tight ends and wr's.

Stanford gashed us running behind their right tackle and got the edge running sweep that direction pretty easily. Contain was pretty miserable. We'll need tighten that up or we'll be chasing guys all day against AF

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Stanford gashed us running behind their right tackle and got the edge running sweep that direction pretty easily. Contain was pretty miserable. We'll need tighten that up or we'll be chasing guys all day against AF

Two completely different offenses, and different backs. While we need to play well against AFA, you cannot draw conclusions based on Bryce Love's three long runs, two of which were on delayed zone runs, and one on a power run. 

16 hours ago, aztech said:

How can we?  Last I heard they got rid of the BCS and there's no way we would have a chance of playing in the playoffs.  It's Access Bowl or nothing.  As for now, kicking your ass is expected and it's no fun anymore.  

So make it to an Access Bowl and actually beat someone when you get there. Maybe then the P5 will start taking notice. Until then, you're lowly SDSU that no one cares about. 

13 hours ago, k5james said:

Oh we will.  Thanks!

Great. No one outside of the MWC will notice/care. 

36 minutes ago, TopLobo said:

So make it to an Access Bowl and actually beat someone when you get there. Maybe then the P5 will start taking notice. Until then, you're lowly SDSU that no one cares about. 

Great. No one outside of the MWC will notice/care.   

You care, and that is what is important. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

It's pretty early in the season to be counting your chickens. As I mentioned earlier in this thread and on others, SDSU is the class of the conference right now and nobody is even close. Hats off to the Aztecs, your team is kicking ass. That said, shit can fall apart quickly throughout a season. The MWCBoard also seems to have some bad karma juju for fans that start threads like these. For example, take a look at the CSU to Big XII threads, Josh Allen for Deity threads, Fales Goes Before Carr threads, etc. 

Where's @AggieSox?  That guy was telling us how USU was going to be running things going forward after beating Boise a few years ago.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 9/17/2017 at 12:27 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

It's pretty early in the season to be counting your chickens. As I mentioned earlier in this thread and on others, SDSU is the class of the conference right now and nobody is even close. Hats off to the Aztecs, your team is kicking ass. That said, shit can fall apart quickly throughout a season. The MWCBoard also seems to have some bad karma juju for fans that start threads like these. For example, take a look at the CSU to Big XII threads, Josh Allen for Deity threads, Fales Goes Before Carr threads, etc. 

I will tell you the same thing I tell my wife when she talks about Karma. That bullshit does not exist. Just look at the world around you

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/17/2017 at 1:53 PM, SDSUfan said:

I hear ya (although I wouldn't say telling another Aztec fan to STFU shows a lot of class)...

I think you are 100% correct IF you are a player or a coach.

If you are a fan, nothing you say or do really matters for the outcome of the next game.  We (fans) have no reason to not spout off sometimes.  I say have some fun. (of course without going too over board)