fanhood

Long may they reign

19 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

West is on the line this Saturday. Show your dominance, big guy. 

Bless you for bumping this golden thread. 

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

28 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

The only way SDSU can win the division is Fresno has to lose out and Nevada has to lose to either SJSU or UNLV.  If Fresno loses to SDSU & SJSU and Nevada wins out, we win the West. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

The only way SDSU can win the division is Fresno has to lose out and Nevada has to lose to either SJSU or UNLV.  If Fresno loses to SDSU & SJSU and Nevada wins out, we win the West. 

But I thought San Diego State raised the bar tho? We’re just competing for second best. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

40 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Fanhood is a MWCboard and AAC forum treasure.

Besides being AATW Graduate!

Solid dude from an illustrious family of solid beer drinkers!

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

What happens if SDSU wins and there is a three way tie? H2H is out. What's the next tiebreaker?

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

What happens if SDSU wins and there is a three way tie? H2H is out. What's the next tiebreaker?

Here’s how I understand it. 

If Fresno wins Saturday they win the west

If Fresno loses Saturday but beats SJSU the next week and there’s a 3 way tie they still win as Nevada & Fresno will have better division records than SDSU (5-1 vs 4-2) then it reverts to the H2H matchup and Fresno wins. 

If Fresno loses out and Nevada wins out, we win the west.  

If Fresno loses to SDSU and Nevada loses to either SJSU or UNLV and SDSU beats Hawaii, they win the west. I think this is the only scenario where SDSU can win the west.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If Fresno loses Saturday but beats SJSU the next week and there’s a 3 way tie they still win as Nevada & Fresno will have better division records than SDSU (5-1 vs 4-2) then it reverts to the H2H matchup and Fresno wins. 

If Fresno losss out and Nevada wins out, we win the west.  

If Fresno loses to SDSU and Nevada loses to either SJSU or UNLV and SDSU beats Hawaii, they win the west. I think this is the only scenario where SDSU can win the west.  

So, it'd take a miracle for Fresno to not win the Division. Got it. That's good. Fresno should be back in the top-25 if they beat SDSU. I don't think the MW has ever had two top-25 teams face each other in the CG.

Just now, kingpotato said:

So, it'd take a miracle for Fresno to not win the Division. Got it. That's good. Fresno should be back in the top-25 if they beat SDSU. I don't think the MW has ever had two top-25 teams face each other in the CG.

Pretty much.  Still kicking myself we couldn’t finish the game against Boise as we would have a legit shot at winning the west if SDSU beat Fresno.  

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Pretty much.  Still kicking myself we couldn’t finish the game against Boise as we would have a legit shot at winning the west if SDSU beat Fresno.  

WHEN. Mugster its WHEN we beat the FresDruggians.

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If Fresno loses out and Nevada wins out, we win the west.  

this is correct.  

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Well, ya know, sometimes the better team wins. If you can't win at home, gifted over 100 yards in penalties, and four TOs, do you really deserve it?

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well, ya know, sometimes the better team wins. If you can't win at home, gifted over 100 yards in penalties, and four TOs, do you really deserve it?

I’m not disagreeing with that. Just one of those games where we had the chance to win but didn’t get over that hump. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 4:23 AM, fanhood said:

Long my they reign. Call the banners. The campaign to take back the throne begins.

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Alan is one weird dude. But he's not a weird dude who can unlock locked threads. He needed help from a possibly even weirder dude.

#OhHeyMug

5 minutes ago, Extra Mayo said:

Alan is one weird dude. But he's not a weird dude who can unlock locked threads. He needed help from a possibly even weirder dude.

#OhHeyMug

If you asked for a thread to be unlocked I would likely unlock it for you too.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If you asked for a thread to be unlocked I would likely unlock it for you too.  

I know you would. IDK if anything I contribute could elevate the level of discussion like this thread will, though...

Maybe if Alan gets enough attention from SUDS ppl, it will encourage him to stalk and sock their board like he does ours?

#OneCanDream

48 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m not disagreeing with that. Just one of those games where we had the chance to win but didn’t get over that hump. 

Yeah, but you have to be excited with the 2nd year progress under Norvell. Tedford caliber bounce backs are incredibly rare. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, but you have to be excited with the 2nd year progress under Norvell. Tedford caliber bounce backs are incredibly rare. 

I’m actually very excited.  Norvell has the team heading in the right direction.  You could see that last year in the second half of the season and that’s carried over to this year.  We will probably take a step back next year as we are replacing a QB but I have faith in Norvell and his ability to find the right guy for the team. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m actually very excited.  Norvell has the team heading in the right direction.  You could see that last year in the second half of the season and that’s carried over to this year.  We will probably take a step back next year as we are replacing a QB but I have faith in Norvell and his ability to find the right guy for the team. 

Agree, Norvell appears to have a good handle on things. And as a bonus we don't have to see our head coach screaming in ref's faces on the sidelines throughout every game. Besides Solano, anyone of significance you know of who could vie for QB next year?

• Like 1