Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Stanford at San Diego State

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Geez, I just saw that Idaho State result.  What happened there?

Our offensive line got blown off the line by Idaho State, 3 turnovers, True Frosh QB, terrible game.  An embarrassment to the conference.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If SDSU wins out that'll give them wins over ASU, Stanford, NIU & Boise (likely twice). They would be the G5 representative then.

Probably, but it will be tough to win the conference championship game when they haven't had a real opponent since October 14.  That is a long stretch without facing any threats on the field.  I just hope they can get through Air Force next week injury free.  Those cut blocks caused a lot of players to miss a lot of games over the years.

4 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

True, but in year's past several other Stanford QB's make that throw. If you're going to miss it, miss it long,  Never short. Maybe the stoppage of play sapped some arm strength from the passer. I'm exaggerating, of course, but, if anything, that throw has just got to be long, so it was simply poor execution there. I honestly think the play call was fine...

we just disagree...i think too much had to go right for that call to work AT THAT TIME, with maybe some better options available.

anyway, i'm glad they called it. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

we just disagree...i think too much had to go right for that call to work AT THAT TIME, with maybe some better options available.

anyway, i'm glad they called it. :thumbsup:

I thought it was a poorly designed route tree.  You can run the secondary off like that, but you need to bring someone underneath and you can pick up a cheap 15-20 yards that way.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

I thought it was a poorly designed route tree.  You can run the secondary off like that, but you need to bring someone underneath and you can pick up a cheap 15-20 yards that way.

Exactly, you have #1 run a skinny post to draw corner and safety and bring either #2 or #3 from other side on a crossing route at the depths you mention and generally you'll have that route open at sideline.

8 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm not an X's and O's guy (ya' think?), and I can definitely see where you two are coming from here, but it's always easy to second guess  - especially given the result.  I agree underneath may have been the "smarter" play, but I've also seen this route successfully executed many times before.  Happy to disagree here ( I still think any overthrow is okay, but just never underthrow this pattern - a "Cardinal" sin of sorts here).  The bottom line is that an Aztec player made a nice play and the better team won today...

Other than San Diego State the MWC is Image result for puke .gif.

Special season so far for the Aztecs. Congrats on a big win tonight fellas. Without doubt the class of the conference. Here's to hoping Rocky doesn't pull his usual "1 game a year" head-scratcher.....although I wouldn't be too disappointed if it was against BSU. All joking aside, great win.

6 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Exactly, you have #1 run a skinny post to draw corner and safety and bring either #2 or #3 from other side on a crossing route at the depths you mention and generally you'll have that route open at sideline.

A play like that takes a long time. He didn't typically have it. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

SDSU has the best football program in the MW. They have the stuff to play into a NY6 access bowl. Man I like Penny. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.