Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

4 star Kj Hymes commits to Nevada

Not trying to be a douche, but everything I see has him as a high ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️.  Either way, we can consistently land P5 caliber players as a conference, so we will start getting multiple bids again.  Anyone who compares is with the WAC or Big West is a moron.

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I posted this months ago.  I was just pulling hair out of my ass.  Remember @mugtang?

Nope don't remember. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I remember you saying that PH..You were being pretty much a full on douche at the time..You were just trying to big deal Nevada fans...

As for the stars..

While I think the star rankings are interesting and fun, I really just look to see what other schools have offered..Hymes has several very impressive offers..

I think he chose Nevada for a variety of reasons, chief among them, Muss has a system that really works well with his skill set.

He is a strech 4 and Muss likes shooters..

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I posted this months ago.  I was just pulling hair out of my ass.  Remember @mugtang?

Is this the first time that ph has been right about something?

Great get, when was the last time we recieved a commitment from a HS player? It's been too long, I love it.

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Not trying to be a douche, but everything I see has him as a high ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️.  Either way, we can consistently land P5 caliber players as a conference, so we will start getting multiple bids again.  Anyone who compares is with the WAC or Big West is a moron.

The WAC was a 2-bid league for awhile when Nevada was in it. 

19 hours ago, ph90702 said:

That's okay, you just......are. 

Anyway, its the same old song and dance as when most players sign with a non P5 school and they are suddenly "reevaluated". He had offers from Washington, St. John's, Memphis, Missouri, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Cal, Clemson, ASU....and there are plenty of articles from just a few months ago talking about the four star player. Here's one.

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

That's okay, you just......are. 

Anyway, its the same old song and dance as when most players sign with a non P5 school and they are suddenly "reevaluated". He had offers from Washington, St. John's, Memphis, Missouri, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Cal, Clemson, ASU....and there are plenty of articles from just a few months ago talking about the four star player. Here's one.

Your schtick about players being downgraded for picking non-P5 schools is a bunch of BS.  It's an inferiority complex quite frankly.  Brandon McCoy wasn't downgraded because he picked UNLV.  Neither was Shakur Juiston.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Your schtick about players being downgraded for picking non-P5 schools is a bunch of BS.  It's an inferiority complex quite frankly.  Brandon McCoy wasn't downgraded because he picked UNLV.  Neither was Shakur Juiston.

You're doing it again....being a douche. 

This is far from being my "schtick"....it has happened for years in football and basketball with Rival's and Scout. 

51 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

You're doing it again....being a douche. 

This is far from being my "schtick"....it has happened for years in football and basketball with Rival's and Scout. 

That's absolutely not true.  Players get downgraded because they're not as good as originally thought.