Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExplorerSunDevil

Arizona State vs San Diego State game thread

2 hours ago, Willie Cee said:

I did not witness, nor do I have any personal information on the incident that Swoll references (if true, I would question whether this individual was retained as a crew member). What I do know and can say pretty conclusively is that every call/no call is graded by at least one or more supervisors or film reviewers and anyone in the crew who has demonstrated poor judgment or incompetence (let alone bias) will find themselves very rapidly assigned to Pop Warner football on Saturday mornings. Like I said earlier, I assure you all that these are coveted positions (full-time crew membership) in the referee world and are subject to rapid termination for any consistent failure to deliver objective and skillful performance. Note: Although I am somewhat familiar with basketball officiating, my post is directed at football related scenarios.

You are right about the reviews that take place, and the fact that if calls are missed it can cause you to get demoted.,The person that reviews game  doesn't even concern themselves that you are bias, but they do grade low if mistakes are made, any detected bias would be a sure trip to little league.

12 minutes ago, k5james said:

I feel better about this game tham i did about Cal last year.  I think ASU will hit a few big passes but I think we dominate this game.

Hope you are right; another W against a P12 team would be a nice step for the program; now Stanford.....

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

If SDSU wants to shed the image of just another above average G5 they have to win this game. Gotta quit crapping the bed against P5's.

Nah. People will just say the same thing after we win because ASU is obviously a bottom 3 PAC school.

5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

They're below average PAC team but a game you gotta win.

Absolutely. But IMHO the cal team we beat last year is better than this ASU team. We could and should win. I just don't think winning today moves us up an anyway...ASU would probably finish 3 or 4 in the MW this year. They have great athletes but a garbage D.