Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

Yet more pub for Josh Allen

1 hour ago, RiverCityBronco said:

I wonder if anyone is going to eventually write an article about him being a good college QB and not a great NFL prospect? 

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

Damn, if Fresno had only looked in their own back yard.

According to the article he really wanted to attend Fresno State. 

Before Josh committed to Wyoming, however, he made one last plea to Fresno State's coaches. The Bulldogs had just received a commitment from quarterback Chason Virgil, a 6-foot-1, 170-pound high school prospect from Mesquite, Texas. Virgil was shorter and lighter than Josh was during his senior year at Firebaugh High, when he said the Bulldogs told him he didn't fit the prototype of what they wanted in a quarterback.

After Virgil committed to Fresno State, Josh sent a terse email to an assistant coach: "6-1, 170?"

"Yeah, we got our guy," the assistant responded. "Good luck."

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

31 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

You know, Ive been meaning to ask this question since June;

Who is Josh Allen?

The only way to properly describe him is as the second coming. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

23 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Kid had a known partying problem, that's why Fresno backed off. 

He was a stud. All the players on the team absolutely loved him. I'd love to still have him on the team.

1 hour ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

You know, Ive been meaning to ask this question since June;

Who is Josh Allen?

A ten-foot tall beast man who showers in vodka and feeds his baby shrimp scampi.

7 hours ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Every year there's a handful of college players getting this kind of hype.  As a Wyo fan, it's a double edged sword.  I love the publicity we're getting because of Josh.  On the other hand, he does have a bit of hype to live up to.

If, and a big it, we can pull the upset of Iowa rumor has it that there is a good chance gameday comes to Laramie for the Oregon game.  That would be awesome for our program.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Every year there's a handful of college players getting this kind of hype.  As a Wyo fan, it's a double edged sword.  I love the publicity we're getting because of Josh.  On the other hand, he does have a bit of hype to live up to.

If, and a big it, we can pull the upset of Iowa rumor has it that there is a good chance gameday comes to Laramie for the Oregon game.  That would be awesome for our program.

It is a lot of hype, but a large portion of the hype is his potential which might be misinterpreted by some people. His stats and production on the field are fairly pedestrian. If he were 6-2 with an average arm, no one would have heard of him. So far he is an average college QB with a high ceiling. 

15 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It is a lot of hype, but a large portion of the hype is his potential which might be misinterpreted by some people. His stats and production on the field are fairly pedestrian. If he were 6-2 with an average arm, no one would have heard of him. So far he is an average college QB with a high ceiling. 

Well, I can't speak to why the NFL scouts and coaches hype the kids they do.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Well, I can't speak to why the NFL scouts and coaches hype the kids they do.

It's a good thing. I just think there are some Wyoming fans that assume this hype will translate into this season. It's very possible he will just be an average college QB. Maybe not... but quite possibly. He needs to be better this year and has to do it with substatially less offensive weapons.

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

Kid had a known partying problem, that's why Fresno backed off. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

He was a stud. All the players on the team absolutely loved him. I'd love to still have him on the team.

DUI, loaded on GHB. Seems the party problems were legit...no matter, this thread is about Josh Allen, not another doped up donk.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

DUI, loaded on GHB. Seems the party problems were legit...no matter, this thread is about Josh Allen, not another doped up donk.

Really? I wasn't the one who brought up the Fresno connection... I was just following the progression of the thread, brah. 

14 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It's a good thing. I just think there are some Wyoming fans that assume this hype will translate into this season. It's very possible he will just be an average college QB. Maybe not... but quite possibly. He needs to be better this year and has to do it with substatially less offensive weapons.

I think the conference will be very surprised with our WRs.  No one knew our receiving corp last year at this time.  Perhaps it was Josh that made them look as good as they did.  And reports in fall camp is our WRs are doing better that last year's crew.  I'm guessing our breakout player this year will be a frosh WR.  But hey, opinions are just like belly buttons.  Everybody's got one.

49 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

How would you know this?   I think we're going to be a little more athletic at wr and a little more balanced at rb.    I don't think the drop off in overall product will be that much if at all.   We shall see.