Sign in to follow this  
ExplorerSunDevil

2017 Vuelta a Espana Challenge - MWCBoard Edition - Discussion/Commentary Thread

On 10/17/2017 at 9:39 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

@ExplorerSunDevil did you see the route for the tour released today? I really like it, should make for a crazy opening week.

I think that its interesting that they are bringing back the team time trial.

If Tom Dumoulin chooses to ride this Tour, Sunweb just might give him the edge in the Team Time Trial.

13 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

I think that its interesting that they are bringing back the team time trial.

If Tom Dumoulin chooses to ride this Tour, Sunweb just might give him the edge in the Team Time Trial.

It seems like they designed the course to draw him into a showdown with Froome. I just wonder if Sunweb will have the versatility and talent to handle the coastal winds, cobbles, time trial, and still keep him strong in the high mountains. They are going to 8 riders in the Tour instead of 9 as well.

@ExplorerSunDevil 

Froome fails two drug tests during the Vuelta for taking twice the amount of asthma medication allowed. He could lose his Vuelta victory and be suspended up to two years.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/a-lot-of-explaining-to-do-the-questions-raised-by-the-chris-froome-salbutamol-case/

13 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@ExplorerSunDevil 

Froome fails two drug tests during the Vuelta for taking twice the amount of asthma medication allowed. He could lose his Vuelta victory and be suspended up to two years.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/a-lot-of-explaining-to-do-the-questions-raised-by-the-chris-froome-salbutamol-case/

I just saw this, too. 

Something tells me that the UCI will give him a pass, though. Of course I could be totally wrong about that.

At this point, I think most cycling followers are just becoming numb to the steroid use among cyclists lol