Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Nevada RB James Butler Leaving for Iowa

Yikes. I'm interested in seeing how the air raid turns out. If Nevada can be the Tulsa of the MWC and just score ridiculous points every game, then they can be successful. However, losing out on quality OL and RBs every year will make it challenging to beat the complete teams in the top 1/2 of the MW. 

Damn...wish he was transferring to Wyoming. We could use a running back like Butler in our run-heavy offense, and Coach Bohl and staff could have him playing in the NFL in no time.

IMG_1131.thumb.PNG.cf44a95c41710c239a00008a339adb77.PNG

Hope Iowa works out for him. Maybe we'll get to see some touches in the Iowa game come September.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If he wants to be a farmer.

That's Iowa state dummy

If you have a degree it makes sense to transfer. You completed that stage in life why stay?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

He has been a failure as an offensive coordinator everywhere he's been.  What makes you think he can be a good head coach?

You don't know anything about Norvell. But one thing we all know is that you have to pay to get a girl at a whore house. Maybe you should post a thread on that, and leave the FB talk to the normal people. 

kat.jpg

Man it took me 5 years to graduate college and I didn't have outside responsibilities anywhere close to what a d1 athlete has. For a kid who has so much going on outside of class, finishing in 3 years is extremely impressive. Even at Nevada. 

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You don't know anything about Norvell. But one thing we all know is that you have to pay to get a girl at a whore house. Maybe you should post a thread on that, and leave the FB talk to the normal people. 

You had to pay for sex by buying your girl dinner, gifts, etc.  I just cut out the bullshit and got straight to the sex.

32 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Man it took me 5 years to graduate college and I didn't have outside responsibilities anywhere close to what a d1 athlete has. For a kid who has so much going on outside of class, finishing in 3 years is extremely impressive. Even at Nevada. 

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

42 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You had to pay for sex by buying your girl dinner, gifts, etc.  I just cut out the bullshit and got straight to the sex.

That's what all the gubers say. But the guys that spend money on girls, with a large % of them there's a certain amount of love involved. Half of what makes sex great is the actual like/love you have for the girl, and she reciprocates. You can't buy real love, not even at a whore house.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

So you think women are only good for sex? Jesus man. No wonder they won't talk to you.

Let's be real. Iowa is scared of Wyoming so they snagged a good player from the conference to help them with the scouting report (<--- this is sarcasm, just in case there was any question @BSUTOP25)........or maybe he is just good and wants film against an overall better competitive set of opponents. I'd say he probably chose a school where he is going to get the rock enough for him to make a case for the next level, otherwise he wouldn't be going there. 

tetons1.jpg

8 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Let's be real. Iowa is scared of Wyoming so they snagged a good player from the conference to help them with the scouting report (<--- this is sarcasm, just in case there was any question @BSUTOP25)........or maybe he is just good and wants film against an overall better competitive set of opponents. I'd say he probably chose a school where he is going to get the rock enough for him to make a case for the next level, otherwise he wouldn't be going there. 

With Iowa, he is going to get more than enough carries.  Throwback school to its core. 

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Moves yes but wheels? Didn't he get run down from behind by a safety?

I have to agree. He has quick side to side but he is not a burner by any stretch. Safety? It looked like the DT was coming up on him. 

tetons1.jpg

50 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

I have to agree. He has quick side to side but he is not a burner by any stretch. Safety? It looked like the DT was coming up on him. 

He ran a 4.48 40, which would have been the 4th fastest of the 30+ running backs in the NFL combine. He was caught from behind in that video because he nearly stopped to cut back and was caught from behind before getting back up to speed. He's quick and fast and has good hands out of the backfield. I like him a lot, but still sucks to lose Butler. 

23 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Then it might be a huge mistake. 

Iowa runs a two back system the other back graduated, he will get plenty of reps in their system. He has a chance to significantly enhance his draft stock. I have nothing but respect for him, graduated in 3 years and was great for Nevada. He will always be an alumn now

18 hours ago, badfish said:

Yikes. I'm interested in seeing how the air raid turns out. If Nevada can be the Tulsa of the MWC and just score ridiculous points every game, then they can be successful. However, losing out on quality OL and RBs every year will make it challenging to beat the complete teams in the top 1/2 of the MW. 

We have had the air raid offense before here. There were three main issues that happened or happens with the air raid offense:

1) if you went up against a decent pass defense who liked to blitz a lot, many times the offense was contained and didn't have that back up attack with running the ball.

2) If the team gets into a situation where they have to run time off the clock, it was more difficult for an air raid offense to do that because well they are used to throwing the ball and not running the ball so trying to get time off the clock is difficult.

3) With the air raid offense and possibly scoring quickly, means your defense is on the field more often which means they get tired and the other team starts putting up big points as well. This we saw plenty of times with the air raid offense. 

Even though many people like to see 70-45 games or something like that, you can't win games that way week in and week out. Now if they can learn from the past and solve those three issues who knows what may happen, but if they can't solve those issues, I see the ceiling only so high for them.

4 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

We have had the air raid offense before here. There were three main issues that happened or happens with the air raid offense:

1) if you went up against a decent pass defense who liked to blitz a lot, many times the offense was contained and didn't have that back up attack with running the ball.

2) If the team gets into a situation where they have to run time off the clock, it was more difficult for an air raid offense to do that because well they are used to throwing the ball and not running the ball so trying to get time off the clock is difficult.

3) With the air raid offense and possibly scoring quickly, means your defense is on the field more often which means they get tired and the other team starts putting up big points as well. This we saw plenty of times with the air raid offense. 

Even though many people like to see 70-45 games or something like that, you can't win games that way week in and week out. Now if they can learn from the past and solve those three issues who knows what may happen, but if they can't solve those issues, I see the ceiling only so high for them.

Thanks for the insight. As an Aztec fan, I'm happy because we lead the country in INTs last year and we throw ridiculous number and type of blitzes at people. And yea, if you go 3 and out a few series in a row, the other team will control the clock. It's a gamble, but may pay off against less athletic, lower level teams.

Guest RoscoesDad

I actually think Iowa is a freaky good fit for Butler.  They run downhill.  He runs downhill.  Bigger stage.  Good move for him, sucks for Reno,