Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Nevada RB James Butler Leaving for Iowa

21 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

As my mom would say, "Don't be retarded."

Advice your mom ignored, "dear god, drown it before it learns to talk."

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

We have had the air raid offense before here. There were three main issues that happened or happens with the air raid offense:

1) if you went up against a decent pass defense who liked to blitz a lot, many times the offense was contained and didn't have that back up attack with running the ball.

2) If the team gets into a situation where they have to run time off the clock, it was more difficult for an air raid offense to do that because well they are used to throwing the ball and not running the ball so trying to get time off the clock is difficult.

3) With the air raid offense and possibly scoring quickly, means your defense is on the field more often which means they get tired and the other team starts putting up big points as well. This we saw plenty of times with the air raid offense. 

Even though many people like to see 70-45 games or something like that, you can't win games that way week in and week out. Now if they can learn from the past and solve those three issues who knows what may happen, but if they can't solve those issues, I see the ceiling only so high for them.

Good objective analysis. I am not a fan of the Air Raid for many of the reasons you list. I just don't think you can build a championship program without a solid running game. I think that in the future, Hawaii UNLV and Nevada will all be fighting for the number 2 spot in the West Division and will consistently be going 7-5 to 8-4.

On 7/4/2017 at 5:04 PM, NevadaFan said:

Norvell is in the Iowa HOF if not mistaken. This is pure conspiracy theory -- but maybe he was placed? Nevada wants to play with 5 receiver sets and now doesn't have to worry about getting Butler carries. Nevada's going to be Vegas brutal this season. Might as well implement the full system.

BTW, good luck to this kid. Class act. 

He was voted team captain by his peers and was scheduled to appear in Vegas for the media days as recently as last week. This decision is not an admirable one if you are a teammate of his. I find it entirely selfish and reveals a character flaw as his timing is highly unusual, even for a grad transfer. He should have told the staff during Spring he was going to transfer as soon as he finished his summer classes. But he wanted to make sure Nevada paid for his housing and tuition credits so he kept his intentions concealed. That's fraud and a chicken shit move by a kid many in the fan base revered and admired.  To my knowledge, the staff had no idea he was leaving despite him floating some early indecision after Norvell was hired in January. The staff built their off season game plan on Butler being the clear cut number one so it really does hurt the team more than it helps James pro dreams. I love the kids effort but this is a millennial being a millennia and there is no reason to support this nonsense. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 7/4/2017 at 10:51 PM, Joe from WY said:

Honestly, ph is a dope but he kind of has a point. The amount of sex/quality of sex you get is directly proportional to the amount of money you spend. All women are kind of whores when it boils down to it. But so am I, so c'est la vie. 

Redpilling 101

39 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

He was voted team captain by his peers and was scheduled to appear in Vegas for the media days as recently as last week. This decision is not an admirable one if you are a teammate of his. I find it entirely selfish and reveals a character flaw as his timing is highly unusual, even for a grad transfer. He should have told the staff during Spring he was going to transfer as soon as he finished his summer classes. But he wanted to make sure Nevada paid for his housing and tuition credits so he kept his intentions concealed. That's fraud and a chicken shit move by a kid many in the fan base revered and admired.  To my knowledge, the staff had no idea he was leaving despite him floating some early indecision after Norvell was hired in January. The staff built their off season game plan on Butler being the clear cut number one so it really does hurt the team more than it helps James pro dreams. I love the kids effort but this is a millennial being a millennia and there is no reason to support this nonsense. 

I hadn't even thought about that.  You're right. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

47 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I appreciate your opinion BB. But 1) Nevada has made a living off this same process with its basketball program. And 2) Nevada just booted a chit ton of kids off the team because after Norvell evaluated them they didn't fit his scheme. (And quite frankly, neither does Butler.)

It's a business and this kid has options. If Butler isn't good you don't care. He's good, so you have a strong opinion. 

19 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I appreciate your opinion BB. But 1) Nevada has made a living off this same process with its basketball program. And 2) Nevada just booted a chit ton of kids off the team because after Norvell evaluated them they didn't fit his scheme. (And quite frankly, neither does Butler.)

It's a business and this kid has options. If Butler isn't good you don't care. He's good, so you have a strong opinion. 

That's very true. He's our best player, most entertaining athlete and the face of the program. As a season ticket holder who was really looking forward to seeing him excel as a senior, It's hard not to care and see some of the bad here. Would you care to refute any of my points concerning how he treated the team and staff? IMO he clearly misrepresented his intentions so as to ensure Nevada paid his tuition and he could graduate early, thus avoid using his redshirt season. That is hard to slide under the rug.

15 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

That's very true. He's our best player, most entertaining athlete and the face of the program. As a season ticket holder who was really looking forward to seeing him excel as a senior, It's hard not to care and see some of the bad here. Would you care to refute any of my points concerning how he treated the team and staff? IMO he clearly misrepresented his intentions so as to ensure Nevada paid his tuition and he could graduate early, thus avoid using his redshirt season. That is hard to slide under the rug.

I don't refute anything you've said because I'm not privy to any insider info. I too am a season ticket holder and it sucks. But this is what happens when you change coaches and I'm pretty sure we are in agreement that Polian needed to go. I also didn't read many posts from people condemning Norvell for making tough decisions.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:51 PM, Joe from WY said:

Honestly, ph is a dope but he kind of has a point. The amount of sex/quality of sex you get is directly proportional to the amount of money you spend. All women are kind of whores when it boils down to it. But so am I, so c'est la vie. 

Really? I've kinda found it inversely proportional

If they wanna +++++ you because you buy stuff, they're +++++ing your stuff

If they wanna +++++ you because they're horny and you have a dick that functions, they're going to be in to it, which means they're more up for whatever, and they are going to initiate far more often till you need to be drinking gatorade to keep up that sperm count

On 7/5/2017 at 10:26 AM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Moves yes but wheels? Didn't he get run down from behind by a safety?

Hey, he's transferring to Big 10 east, not the SEC. He'll be fine

12 hours ago, ph90702 said:

As my mom would say, "Don't be retarded."

Hmm.... 

Lawlor's in his mid thirties

Starts banging high school GF his senior year, he's 17 and 18 so every time they bang it's a 2 or 3 session go (that lasts 13 minutes total). Call it 200 times

Starts banging regularly in college. Call it 7 times/week for 9 months out of the year as an average... adds up to 7 times/week*5 years*52 weeks/year*9months/12 = 1365 times. Conservatively

Bangs less regularly out of college in his 20s, but still fairly frequently. 4 times a week for 7 years. 4*7*52 = 1456

2 years in his 30s without kids, keeping up that pace, that's another 420

3 years into his 30s with kids, call it 3 times a week, that's another 500 times

so 3941 times

Off by 1000 over the course of about 20 years, that's off by about 1 time/week... seems pretty reasonable to me

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

I don't refute anything you've said because I'm not privy to any insider info. I too am a season ticket holder and it sucks. But this is what happens when you change coaches and I'm pretty sure we are in agreement that Polian needed to go. I also didn't read many posts from people condemning Norvell for making tough decisions.

I think the timing is what sucks. He really should have pulled the trigger before summer but the show must go on. As for the other off season causalities, Norvell allowed the scholarship players who wouldn't get PT to stay on scholarship as non-athletes. A pretty good and ethical deal l would say. 

34 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Really? I've kinda found it inversely proportional

If they wanna +++++ you because you buy stuff, they're +++++ing your stuff

If they wanna +++++ you because they're horny and you have a dick that functions, they're going to be in to it, which means they're more up for whatever, and they are going to initiate far more often till you need to be drinking gatorade to keep up that sperm count

Hey, he's transferring to Big 10 east, not the SEC. He'll be fine

Hmm.... 

Lawlor's in his mid thirties

Starts banging high school GF his senior year, he's 17 and 18 so every time they bang it's a 2 or 3 session go (that lasts 13 minutes total). Call it 200 times

Starts banging regularly in college. Call it 7 times/week for 9 months out of the year as an average... adds up to 7 times/week*5 years*52 weeks/year*9months/12 = 1365 times. Conservatively

Bangs less regularly out of college in his 20s, but still fairly frequently. 4 times a week for 7 years. 4*7*52 = 1456

2 years in his 30s without kids, keeping up that pace, that's another 420

3 years into his 30s with kids, call it 3 times a week, that's another 500 times

so 3941 times

Off by 1000 over the course of about 20 years, that's off by about 1 time/week... seems pretty reasonable to me

Maybe @thelawlorfaithful is a man whore?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

It sucks. But the kid represented Nevada well while he was here and he graduated. That's all I ever ask of any of our athletes. He doesn't owe Nevada a thing.

48 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I think the timing is what sucks. He really should have pulled the trigger before summer but the show must go on. As for the other off season causalities, Norvell allowed the scholarship players who wouldn't get PT to stay on scholarship as non-athletes. A pretty good and ethical deal l would say. 

Unless you've worked and dreamed your entire life about playing college football. It's brutal but that's how it works these days. 

4 hours ago, battle.borne said:

You could make the same argument for the players that were cut loose a few weeks ago. They've all made plans based on the belief that they would be a member of the Nevada football team. Norvell did what was best for this team (in his mind anyway) and Butler did what was right for him. I hope it works out for all parties involved. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

There's a lot of materialistic women in this world. They all want to +++++ stuff. 

Of course I've had women +++++ me because they thought it'd make me inclined to get them out of the country they were in too. People always want what they can't have. 

You shoulda gone to a jesuit school, Joe. The girls there would have made you have faith in the inconsequential nature of the wealth of men when coming under the eye of catholic girls who repressed themselves in high school and who are making up for it and then some once there is dick around that mommy and daddy won't hear about

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I got a master's degree from USF. I know all about horny Catholic girls. 

Don't the USF ones just go for the other horny catholic girls?

16 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

I actually think Iowa is a freaky good fit for Butler.  They run downhill.  He runs downhill.  Bigger stage.  Good move for him, sucks for Reno,

Oh I agree I think Iowa fits well with Butler.