Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Nevada RB James Butler Leaving for Iowa

Good! We didn't need him anyhow! :mellow:

I don't blame him after the new coach brought in the Air Raid offense, it makes sense for him to go somewhere. I don't know much about Iowa's RB situation, but hopefully they need him. It would suck to go and ride the pine. 

WHAT????

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This upcoming season is looking worse and worse, best offensive player is now gone. Almost get a feeling of rats leaving a sinking ship, not saying its true but feels like it.

However to me, I think Butler might be the perfect fit for the Iowa style of running so I think he will find more success there, I don't think they would let someone transfer in and then let them ride the pine.

4 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Good! We didn't need him anyhow! :mellow:

I don't blame him after the new coach brought in the Air Raid offense, it makes sense for him to go somewhere. I don't know much about Iowa's RB situation, but hopefully they need him. It would suck to go and ride the pine. 

They have Akrum Wadley, top 20 RB (in terms of fantasy rankings).

Just now, cgzpack said:

They have Akrum Wadley, top 20 player (in terms of fantasy rankings).

Then it might be a huge mistake. 

Very bad news for the team on offense, but this is the best choice for Butler. He shouldn't have to waste his last year of eligibility on what will be a brand new team starting from scratch. Also very impressive that he graduated in only 3 years. 

Welp. This sucks. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This sucks, but I can see why from his point of view. I've really enjoyed watching him, and hope he does well at Iowa. 

I truly have no idea what to expect this season. I think that our offense has the potential to be very good still, and our defense has the potential to be the worst in college football. I wouldn't be surprised with 2 wins or 6 wins.

6 minutes ago, BackthePack said:

Very bad news for the team on offense, but this is the best choice for Butler. He shouldn't have to waste his last year of eligibility on what will be a brand new team starting from scratch. Also very impressive that he graduated in only 3 years. 

He would be the big dog at Nevada though. At Iowa....not so much. Could end up hurting him in the long run. 

Guest RoscoesDad

Isn't Norvell installing the 'air raid' offense?  If so this makes sense, why stick around for your last year and pass block all game long and maybe get 15 carries.

6 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

He would be the big dog at Nevada though. At Iowa....not so much. Could end up hurting him in the long run. 

I feel he knows that being the big dog at Nevada doesn't really mean much to his chances for getting drafted. Even if he's #2 at Iowa, if he can get decent runs and show great blocking then his stock can rise faster in the B1G. 

6 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Isn't Norvell installing the 'air raid' offense?  If so this makes sense, why stick around for your last year and pass block all game long and maybe get 15 carries.

That is what he says he is doing but in he will really have to shift the entire offense around. And really unless you have a good OL & QB, you still need a decent running game because if not the opposing team will just tee off on the offense because they know they have to run. With Butler in the backfield, there is that threat all the time but now really there isn't that threat anymore.

21 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

They promised him he'd still get 24-25 touches, the same as years past but more pass receptions.