Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trl87

Jermaine Haley (NMST) Transfers to Wyoming

Edwards is definitely recruiting better than Shyatt. Haley will be walking into a good situation. There will be a lot of playing time available with Herdon, Dalton, Aka Gorski, and Adams all graduating. 

44 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Edwards is definitely recruiting better than Shyatt. Haley will be walking into a good situation. There will be a lot of playing time available with Herdon, Dalton, Aka Gorski, and Adams all graduating. 

I don't think playing time was his problem at New Mexico State.  Paul Weir left, and they obviously weren't going to let him go to New Mexico (which is unfair in my opinion).

23 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I don't think playing time was his problem at New Mexico State.  Paul Weir left, and they obviously weren't going to let him go to New Mexico (which is unfair in my opinion).

He got a ton of playing time as a FR. I wasn't talking about NMSU. 

Guest Cowboy Junky

Pretty impressive recruiting profile out of high school: 5 star by rivals, 4 star by scout, 4 star by ESPN.

None of that matters, but it's safe to say he has potential, if our staff can develop it.

Still, a first for Wyoming in the modern era though: getting three four stars on the same squad has never been done in Laramie. Buddha Jones, Jermaine Haley, and Hunter Thompson makes three.

20 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Pretty impressive recruiting profile out of high school: 5 star by rivals, 4 star by scout, 4 star by ESPN.

None of that matters, but it's safe to say he has potential, if our staff can develop it.

Still, a first for Wyoming in the modern era though: getting three four stars on the same squad has never been done in Laramie. Buddha Jones, Jermaine Haley, and Hunter Thompson makes three.

Edwards is really upgrading the roster. I'm not a huge fan of bringing in transfers, but he is doing a good mix of HS recruits and filling in holes with transfers. Plus he is getting guys that have multiple years rather than the one and done, so there is some continuity there. The development of Hayden Dalton was impressive, as well. Recruting doesn't do any good if they can't develope them, but he's shown he can do that. They are going to be contenders soon. They'll be much improved this year.