Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrBulldog

For reals...what are SDSU's stadium options post 2019?

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I still agree with halfman though.  I can't recall SDSU, or really any Cal State actually standing up like this.  

SJSU did the exact same thing. The earthquakes wanted a small stadium and some other gimmicks and we said no. 

spartan-hands.gif

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

4.  Still win the conference.

The comedy writes itself

WCC or MWC?  Just trying to keep up.  :D

4 hours ago, badfish said:

Swing for the fences, hoping for our own stadium and SDSU West. Worst case scenario, we end up in a 30k seat brandnew soccer stadium until we figure our shit out. Not the end of the world.

Their 20,000 seat soccer stadium. SMH

The sad fact is, the future of SDSU football is in the hands of Roush and Wicker, part of the genius team that couldn't even fire a women's basketball coach without costing the school millions of dollars. S.M.H

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe arrogance, obstruction and entitlement IS a winning strategy. Maybe a whole lot of nothing DOES beat an actual plan. S......M.....H

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

32 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Their 20,000 seat soccer stadium. SMH

The sad fact is, the future of SDSU football is in the hands of Roush and Wicker, part of the genius team that couldn't even fire a women's basketball coach without costing the school millions of dollars. S.M.H

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe arrogance, obstruction and entitlement IS a winning strategy. Maybe a whole lot of nothing DOES beat an actual plan. S......M.....H

You would have rather had them negotiate with FS and settle for 35k, giving up hopes of our own stadium SDSU West and forever condemn us to 238 acres?

or at least TRY and end up exactly where we would have been if it doesn't work?

SUDS played basketball on an aircraft carrier. Any way to put some goal posts up on one of those bad boys and keep the seagulls off the field? Wyoming has the altitude advantage. Maybe SUDS can have some kind of sea sickness advantage? Either way, anti-aircraft guns can be pointed at the sparse crowd and the players.

22 minutes ago, badfish said:

You would have rather had them negotiate with FS and settle for 35k, giving up hopes of our own stadium SDSU West and forever condemn us to 238 acres?

or at least TRY and end up exactly where we would have been if it doesn't work?

SDSU isn't condemned to 238 acres. They control other parcels around the campus AND they can do what's done in dense, urban areas; build up.  The whole "land locked" argument is nonsense. Just as the future of almost everything is virtual, so is the future of education. The need for brick and mortar will decrease over time, not increase. One need only look at what ASU is doing (offering full degrees online) or look at Purdue university ( just purchased Kaplan College) or look at MIT (virtual accredited courses FREE) to see the future.

As to the stadium; you're goddamn right they need to buy in to a 35.000 seat stadium THAT WILL BE GIFTED TO THEM IN 5 YEARS and can then be expanded. Is this a trick question?  Who's buried in Grant's tomb?

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

17 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

SDSU isn't condemned to 238 acres. They control other parcels around the campus AND they can do what's done in dense, urban areas; build up.  The whole "land locked" argument is nonsense. Just as the future of almost everything is virtual, so is the future of education. The need for brick and mortar will decrease over time, not increase. One need only look at what ASU is doing (offering full degrees online) or look at Purdue university ( just purchased Kaplan College) or look at MIT (virtual accredited courses FREE) to see the future.

As to the stadium; you're goddamn right they need to buy in to a 35.000 seat stadium THAT WILL BE GIFTED TO THEM IN 5 YEARS and can then be expanded. Is this a trick question?  Who's buried in Grant's tomb?

1. The "gift" is hardly a gift when you take over operations costs.

2. The whole argument was that Sucker Citt stadium WOULDNT be able to expand because there's too many condos right on top of it.

20 minutes ago, badfish said:

1. The "gift" is hardly a gift when you take over operations costs.

2. The whole argument was that Sucker Citt stadium WOULDNT be able to expand because there's too many condos right on top of it.

If you build your own stadium are you NOT responsible for operating costs?

The "argument" is not that it can't be expanded. it's that it would be "too expensive", as if building your own( land purchase, EIR, permits, design, site prep build out), all accomplished at prevailing wage, would be cheaper

I mean this in all sincerity WTF am I missing? What sooper genius is behind the sooper secret, sooper awesome sooper plan SDSU  is cooking up behind the scene that they plan to spring on the world any minute now? Who? What? What has JayDee Wicker ever done that makes you think he's up to the task?  What has Roush ever done? These are mediocre people at best.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

The "argument" is not that it can't be expanded. it's that it would be "too expensive", as if building your own( land purchase, EIR, permits, design, site prep build out), all accomplished at prevailing wage, would be cheaper

I mean this in all sincerity WTF am I missing? What sooper genius is behind the sooper secret, sooper awesome sooper plan SDSU  is cooking up behind the scene that they plan to spring on the world any minute now? Who? What? What has JayDee Wicker ever done that makes you think he's up to the task?  What has Roush ever done? These are mediocre people at best.

In regards to the stadium, if you are paying for all the operational and maintenance cost,  you don't own the land, and you don't get the revenue from the other events, it isn't  a gift, and you are the dumbest person in the transaction.

22 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Sam Boyd Stadium will be available in 2020.  Just saying.

Honestly, dont get too thrilled on playing in an NFL stadium.  You may just wish you threw asphalt on the SBS lot soon.

S/ every college team that plays in an NFL stadium

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Well, if that is the case. Why not start now and make a virtual stadium. You can sell VR headsets to your fans with virtual season tickets to watch.  :D

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

In regards to the stadium, if you are paying for all the operational and maintenance cost,  you don't own the land, and you don't get the revenue from the other events, it isn't  a gift, and you are the dumbest person in the transaction.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. You don't get soccer revenue, which seems fair. Other events and dates are SDSU's. 

The dumbest person in the transaction is the one that walks away with nothing but their dick in their hand and ends up renting a 20k seat soccer stadium.S>>>>>>>>>>>M>>>>>>>>>>>H

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. You don't get soccer revenue, which seems fair. Other events and dates are SDSU's. 

The dumbest person in the transaction is the one that walks away with nothing but their dick in their hand and ends up renting a 20k seat soccer stadium.S>>>>>>>>>>>M>>>>>>>>>>>H

You know why rich people rent boats and planes instead of buying them?  Because it is smarter.  And you just made the point, soccer plays for free, or in reality, SDSU is "gifting" them the stadium sounds like some true ownership.  I am not privy to what is happening behind the, and i doubt you are either.  But on it's face, this seems like a terrible deal for SDSU.  You can go with the scare tactic route, but until you can show how accepting that "donation" is prudent, I will just assume you are a typical SD politician/media, lazy and a pushover.

Guest Dr. Dre
11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You know why rich people rent boats and planes instead of buying them?  Because it is smarter.  And you just made the point, soccer plays for free, or in reality, SDSU is "gifting" them the stadium sounds like some true ownership.  I am not privy to what is happening behind the, and i doubt you are either.  But on it's face, this seems like a terrible deal for SDSU.  You can go with the scare tactic route, but until you can show how accepting that "donation" is prudent, I will just assume you are a typical SD politician/media, lazy and a pushover.

He should change his ghey little SMH to S>>>>>>>M>>>>>>B. Snipped my balls. Because clearly he doesn't have any

8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

This.  Then you add to that the fact that FSI can deduct the value if that "gift" from the money they pay the city for the land...thats some gift.  Anybody who uses the word gift with respect to FSI's stadium plan is shilling for FSI.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

He should change his ghey little SMH to S>>>>>>>M>>>>>>B. Snipped my balls. Because clearly he doesn't have any

Alternatives big man?

J frikin D, sooper genius swoops in and saves the day?

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

The sooper smartest dude in this whole fustercluck is your soon to be ex Pres. Give him credit for having the foresight to GTFO of Dodge before this all falls on him.

12667677.jpeg