Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Boise State recruiting 2018

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Purdy posted on twitter that Zac Hill was at his house last night, so maybe we try to get both in case one flounders on signing day?

Niti Liu (6'-3, 275) DT and UCLA decommit had a visit with coaches as well and sounds like is waiting on an offer.

That'd be a good pick up

Man, his highlight reel is very impressive, this is the first time that I watched it and he made every throw; deep ball, short out, plenty of zip, can take the zip off if need be, checks down, looks off the receiver,etc. My only criticism (and it so nitpicky) is that his deep ball has a little but too much loft on it, but that's so easy to correct. He's a great runner too. He reminds me a lot of another Rliey qb, the kid from Memphis, Riley Ferguson. I'll tell you, if he wasn't part of a 2 qb system, this kid would've been a 5*. After watching his reel, I'm really excited to have him in the fold, and between him and CC, we're set at qb for a looong time. Welcome to the Blue young man!

We open up 2019 in Jacksonville vs Florida State. I wonder if the promise of a chance to start in his hometown vs FSU helped seal the deal.

2 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Man, his highlight reel is very impressive, this is the first time that I watched it and he made every throw; deep ball, short out, plenty of zip, can take the zip off if need be, checks down, looks off the receiver,etc. My only criticism (and it so nitpicky) is that his deep ball has a little but too much loft on it, but that's so easy to correct. He's a great runner too. He reminds me a lot of another Rliey qb, the kid from Memphis, Riley Ferguson. I'll tell you, if he wasn't part of a 2 qb system, this kid would've been a 5*. After watching his reel, I'm really excited to have him in the fold, and between him and CC, we're set at qb for a looong time. Welcome to the Blue young man!

We open up 2019 in Jacksonville vs Florida State. I wonder if the promise of a chance to start in his hometown vs FSU helped seal the deal.

Not sure about 5 stars but I have watched a few of his films do far. This kid is a hell of a dual threat and he’s 6’5” .... anuses had better be prepped. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 1/18/2018 at 11:41 AM, MAD MACGYVER said:

The 2015 class is rated at .8361 as a whole, vs .8360 for 2018.  But depending on the last few signees, 2018 could edge out the 2015 class.  The 2015 class will be SRs or RS JRs in 2018, so it will be fun to see Harsin's first true recruiting class play as upperclassmen. 

This class is currently at 84.27 and is the first class to have three 4**** HS recruits (by, at least, one of the main recruiting sites). It'll likely go down as the best class in history depending on what happens with the last few signees.

29 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

This class is currently at 84.27 and is the first class to have three 4**** HS recruits (by, at least, one of the main recruiting sites). It'll likely go down as the best class in history depending on what happens with the last few signees.

24/7 (their ranking not the composite) has our class ranked 41.  

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Oh, so they don't have a full list somewhere?

From their website "247Sports produces ratings and rankings that contribute to the 247Sports Composite. These ratings can also be viewed along side the 247Sports Composite for a comparison." So it does not look like it.  It is just listed next to the teams composite rating.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, the coaching staff is killin' it this year.  I know that recruiting rankings aren't the be all, end all, but who doesn't want a higher platform from which to jump?  

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

4 minutes ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Yeah, the coaching staff is killin' it this year.  I know that recruiting rankings aren't the be all, end all, but who doesn't want a higher platform from which to jump?  

The difference between Boise and the rest of the MW is a chasm. Boise is a over 3 points per player over the 2nd best team in the conference. To put that into perspective, the difference between 2nd and 10th place in the MW is 1.9 difference per player.

1 hour ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Yeah, the coaching staff is killin' it this year.

First time we've had coordinators both back in a while is a big part of it I think. Sanford, Drink, Yates, Huff. Should see improvement on the field with Hill and Avalos back too.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

First time we've had coordinators both back in a while is a big part of it I think. Sanford, Drink, Yates, Huff. Should see improvement on the field with Hill and Avalos back too.

5a6aa74da3b22_BSUCOACHINGTURNOVER.thumb.PNG.7999d5ff37b698bba8360695aef5f2df.PNG

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It's amazing that year 5 is the first time Harsin has had both coordinators return. Even with that, he did lose a couple of very good coaches. 

WR Cameron Thomas (3* 0.8414) (have seen him listed as a safety but if Uscher says WR?)

Corner Tyric LeBeauf (3* 0.8516) with visits this weekend.

*EDIT Both these guys have already signed....

Cameron Thomas is a WR from Texas that we signed.  Cameron Phillips is the Safety we were after who decommitted from SMU, but looks like he's got visits to ASU and Utah (and not BSU). That had me confused.