Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Boise State recruiting 2018

Dimitri Washington is interesting. He's a fairly highly rated QB recruit coming in as a STUD. I wonder if they find a way to use him in goal line situations like they did with Roh this year. Seems like he'd be a good fit. I think the staff did a better job of utilizing players unique skills this year than any other of Harsin's staffs. 

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Scale Igiehon is a freakin monster at DT. Just watched his highlight video, holy crap.

Sounds like we stole a few that SDSU really wanted in Dmitri Washington, Chris Mitchell, and Danny Smith.

Smith and Washington sting. Both should be really good. Mitchell is good one too, but I think we cooled on him after landing other DB prospects. Interesting to see where Washington ends up.

5 minutes ago, badfish said:

Smith and Washington sting. Both should be really good. Mitchell is good one too, but I think we cooled on him after landing other DB prospects. Interesting to see where Washington ends up.

Just what I heard on the local radio. Had no idea Washington played QB, they said he was rated higher than some of our other past QB’s. I didn’t see him ranked at QB anywhere though.

6 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Just what I heard on the local radio. Had no idea Washington played QB, they said he was rated higher than some of our other past QB’s. I didn’t see him ranked at QB anywhere though.

He plays for a really small school, lowest division in SD I believe. He's clearly their best athlete, so they just gave him the ball whenever they could haha. I HIGHLY doubt he'll play QB there, but knowing Boise, he could maybe get some trick play packages. He's a very good athlete for his size.

9 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

He was rated on 247 as a dual-threat QB (#40 overall).  I saw that a while back and wasn't sure if it was a mistake or what...looked up his stats on maxpreps and it appears @badfish is correct.  In 5 games he was 9-17, 187 yards passing, 32 carries for 243 yards, 2 receptions for 97 yards, and 45 tackles.  Tore his labrum (shoulder) in September and had surgery in November.

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Scale Igiehon is a freakin monster at DT. Just watched his highlight video, holy crap.

Sounds like we stole a few that SDSU really wanted in Dmitri Washington, Chris Mitchell, and Danny Smith.

SDSU particularly worked hard to get Smith since we have no RB verbals. There's another RB who we've been after but I like him far less than Smith so congrats.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

boise fans on twitter chuckling about DJ Schramm like we didn't fire his old man

do you guys know why you didn't offer Dusty? he's just as good.

I can tell you what I know and it's very reliable (almost from the horses mouth) info...that is, Boise tipped toward DJ because they see him as slightly more aggressive than Dusty...but the consensus on the CW staff is that there is no daylight between the two brothers and, if anything, they see Dusty as marginally because he's better w/ reads....it's interesting how things are perceived.  They're really are nice kids w/ huge football IQs. 

And because of what happened with dad...Fresno State isn't/wasn't really an option.    

Just now, av-rated said:

I can tell you what I know and it's very reliable (almost from the horses mouth) info...that is, Boise tipped toward DJ because they see him as slightly more aggressive than Dusty...but the consensus on the CW staff is that there is no daylight between the two brothers and, if anything, they see Dusty as marginally because he's better w/ reads....it's interesting how things are perceived.  They're really are nice kids w/ huge football IQs. 

And because of what happened with dad...Fresno State isn't/wasn't really an option.    

fresno was never an option any more than houston was an option for derek carr.  Interesting tidbit there....thanks.

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

fresno was never an option any more than houston was an option for derek carr.  Interesting tidbit there....thanks.

Exactly...and no worries...what I'm sharing is exactly what my source was told by the Boise staff b/c the question you asked is one that he asked...I think he was hoping both would land Boise offers.  Serious ballers..the both of them.  

34 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

CB Tyric Lebeauf commits to Boise.

Offers from Arizona, Colorado, Rutgers, Utah and Washington State and some MWC schools.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyric-LeBeauf-46039278

Nice surprise and a really good get. He was considered a Pac 12 lock for a long time.