Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Boise State recruiting 2018

13 hours ago, kingpotato said:

QB target Brock Purdy just got a UCF offer. He is visiting there next weekend. Looks like he is pretty high on them.

https://247sports.com/player/brock-purdy-46039503

I'm a little more intrigued by Riley Smith. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Riley Smith is vising soon as well.  I think he is angling hard to commit.  

https://247sports.com/player/riley-smith-91740

I think this kid looks better anyway.  

Stats were not impressive because he was a backup to Joey Gatewood 4* (Auburn signee) - but still saw pretty significant playing time.  Has better size and in my opinion more upside than Purdy.  

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

But @badfish, you gotta read between the lines, he still has a pinned tweet saying he's "extremely grateful" to have received an offer from Boise State! 

:rock:

Kids these days are inpatient. Does he want to sit behind Hurts and Tua? Maybe Boise is his best option right now, but expect more offers to follow.

11 minutes ago, badfish said:

but expect more offers to follow.

Definitely. He is probably be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the early signing day. No offers by that time. But now he's one of the highest rated guys left, and everybody who didn't get their guy is going to make a push. I'm worried about the other guy who's visiting this weekend having his stock blow up as well.

I’ll bet you Purdy selects BSU...

Boise puts people in the NFL like nobodies’ business, and it’s by far the best CFB town he’s going to encounter...

I hope UCF gets that other kid they offered and Purdy jumps on the BSU offer - you can not argue with that production...

However, if he plays somewhere else, at least we’ll always know we avoided having to hear his Uber gay name nonstop...

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

You think Hurts stays at Bama?  I'm thinking he'll transfer right?

He might stay because he won’t likely be replaced by that frosh...

He kicked ass all year long..

New-Signature.jpg

20 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

He might stay because he won’t likely be replaced by that frosh...

He kicked ass all year long..

It was reported Tua was going to leave after this year potentially.  They are both good enough to start.  I just don't see them both staying.  I'm thinking Hurts leaves because he isn't as complete of a passer.  

Purdy won't know until later, but it has to be on his mind

10 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It was reported Tua was going to leave after this year potentially.  They are both good enough to start.  I just don't see them both staying.  I'm thinking Hurts leaves because he isn't as complete of a passer.  

Purdy won't know until later, but it has to be on his mind

If Purdy wants to shine, while living amongst the washed masses, he needs choose BSU...

At Alabama he might never see the field, at UCF he’ll eventually understand Florida, as an entire state, is pretty much trash...  Also, UCF might very well suck hog anus in any particular season.  I swear, watching UCF declare it won the SB after beating 8th Auburn by an ENTIRE touchdown, it’s readily evident such success isn’t only irregular but totally alien to that program..

At BSU, he’ll probably start and blow up big time on ESPN, while playing for the most storied football power ever within the G5.  It’s much easier to dominate on a historically dominate team within the MW...

How many consecutive years has BSU been ranked in the top 25 at some point during the season?  15??

As much as I hate Bama and New England, in terms of winning, those are the only teams analogous to Boise...

But seriously, if he wants to waffle around instead of siding with us, then I say fu/ck him...  I’d rather have a walk on who’s willing to cut off his arm just to play with us, rather than some kid with timid interest in the Blue..

New-Signature.jpg