Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgzpack

The Expanse - Werewolf in Space

Ok roles are up and pretty much ready. Seeing as its Friday probably best to wait for a Monday start? What do you guys think?

Regardless, more than 10 players would be better.

Take a look at the OP for a simple breakdown of roles. More complicated explanations in subsequent posts. Once we start, you skimmers - stop skimming :foottap:

Yeah I think Monday is the best time to start. and hopefully have time to get more players. This game looks fun. Has a similar set-up to what my BSG game was gonna be(can still do it at some point in the future but I need to find my info on the game, also requires 12-15 players).

Side question. I am guessing you have read the books. How much more involved/better are the books than the show? I downloaded the first book and had started reading it but it seemed very similar to the show and then I started reading other books so I was wondering if I should jump back into the books or just enjoy the show? I know its the worst type of question. I hated getting the question about Game of Thrones but I'm asking anyway.

7 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Yeah I think Monday is the best time to start. and hopefully have time to get more players. This game looks fun. Has a similar set-up to what my BSG game was gonna be(can still do it at some point in the future but I need to find my info on the game, also requires 12-15 players).

funny, mug just said he wanted to run a BSG game and is going to talk to you about the design and I kind of redirected what we talked about into The Expanse. 

33 minutes ago, cgzpack said:

funny, mug just said he wanted to run a BSG game and is going to talk to you about the design and I kind of redirected what we talked about into The Expanse. 

Nice. yeah I found a game on another site that I was going to base things off of. We can definitely talk about the design of it and Mug can run it if he wants.

8 hours ago, tspoke said:

Side question.

I'm kind of sorry I started reading the books because they're really good and then I couldn't watch the series without going "wait no that's not what happened to Bobbie", or whoever, but I'm mostly over it. So yeah books are better imo, if for no other reason than being more indepth. I'm on book 6 so spoiler alert. 

addendum: One of my favorite things about the books is the way they have to deal with constantly changing gravity situations and the effects on their bodies and situations as a result. Something that isn't explored much in the series. 

oh and I started reading the books after watching the first season of the tv series

53 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

well stop it, lol. i like the way you play.

but i get it, maybe next time.

I'm up for a few games, but I have boards again pretty quick here and I have to study so I can't spend my free time at work here.  I have to go over questions.  And know the stages of labor, and other nonsense that has nothing to do with my practice.

19 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm up for a few games, but I have boards again pretty quick here and I have to study so I can't spend my free time at work here.  I have to go over questions.  And know the stages of labor, and other nonsense that has nothing to do with my practice.

oh yeah, boards are definitely a much bigger priority, and time consuming. good luck!

Welp seeing as its late Sunday night already we'll let this sit a day or so before start. Of the ten currently signed up, please post a "proof of life" message here sooner than later. Regardless of numbers, probably night Zero tomorrow night and Day 1 Tuesday morning. I'm thinking we go back to the standard 23 Hour day and 1 Hour night, so unless you hear differently (or vehemently oppose) we'll go with:

Lynch Deadline - 8pm Pacific Time

Night Action Deadline - 9pm (or if all actions are in, earlier)